• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I'm not sure if this goes here but.. If I deny someone's request to move out, in how many days would someone else ping for that? I have ten villagers right now (I hate having 10 villagers when I'm still missing dreamies) but Papi pinged two or three days ago and no one has pinged again (about moving), is this right? I'm also talking 10+ times to three villagers each day, and they haven't said anything either (and I do the diving trick each day)... It makes me extremely anxious.

Silly question: How do you check how many visitors you have so far?

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this goes here but.. If I deny someone's request to move out, in how many days would someone else ping for that? I have ten villagers right now (I hate having 10 villagers when I'm still missing dreamies) but Papi pinged two or three days ago and no one has pinged again (about moving), is this right? I'm also talking 10+ times to three villagers each day, and they haven't said anything either (and I do the diving trick each day)... It makes me extremely anxious.

It can be the next day, it can be in 6 days. There's no real set time. I stopped Rudy from moving out a couple of days after saying he could go, and Pecan asked to move the very next day.

The actual amount of time can vary. I've had villagers ping me every two days and recently I went about a week without any of them pinging me. It's random.

I really recommend that instead of talking 10+ times to three villagers each day, that you talk to all of them. Ignoring villagers can cause them to not move out or to move out without you hearing about it. There's been several posts before of villagers moving out on people with no warning because they didn't talk to that villager at all or even see it (which is probably why they didn't get a ping). I usually walk in front of all my villagers each day and try to talk to them about 5 times unless I really want to talk to them more. If I've been neglecting a villager, I'll check up on them. That makes it easier for them to have a chance to ping me or tell me about moving and to hear about it from other villagers.

Hi. So my save file is pretty new, but I've been waiting eagerly to get an ax to chop down a few pesky trees and plant an apple orchard. Leif's store has been open for more than a week but he never has axes, just watering cans and plants. Shouldn't he have axes at some point? This wait for an ax is killing me. :(

Hi. So my save file is pretty new, but I've been waiting eagerly to get an ax to chop down a few pesky trees and plant an apple orchard. Leif's store has been open for more than a week but he never has axes, just watering cans and plants. Shouldn't he have axes at some point? This wait for an ax is killing me. :(

He should have them. It's just bad luck.

The actual amount of time can vary. I've had villagers ping me every two days and recently I went about a week without any of them pinging me. It's random.

I really recommend that instead of talking 10+ times to three villagers each day, that you talk to all of them. Ignoring villagers can cause them to not move out or to move out without you hearing about it. There's been several posts before of villagers moving out on people with no warning because they didn't talk to that villager at all or even see it (which is probably why they didn't get a ping). I usually walk in front of all my villagers each day and try to talk to them about 5 times unless I really want to talk to them more. If I've been neglecting a villager, I'll check up on them. That makes it easier for them to have a chance to ping me or tell me about moving and to hear about it from other villagers.

Ohh! Okay. Lolly asked yesterday and luckily I stopped that, but I'll keep that in mind. I do try to walk through them because I'm paranoid about losing them, but I'll talk to them as well. Thanks!

^ No problem!

If you're having trouble with this, you could always try to buy an axe in someone else's town or trade for it. My void isn't clear and the game often gives me errors when I use the wifi features so it's a bit hit-or-miss but if you'd like I can let you know when Leif has one in my town or give you a spare axe.

Okay so I had lolly move out and I bought punchy from someone here. Is he able to move exactly where lolly once was. I read somewhere that they tend to put a plot down where previous villagers were

Okay so I had lolly move out and I bought punchy from someone here. Is he able to move exactly where lolly once was. I read somewhere that they tend to put a plot down where previous villagers were

I don't see any reason why he can't move exactly where Lolly was, but I don't think they are any more likely to put a plot down where a previous villager has been (this is from my own experience at least with my own move-ins). Good luck with the plot resetting and I hope it doesn't take you too long. :)

If you're having trouble with this, you could always try to buy an axe in someone else's town or trade for it. My void isn't clear and the game often gives me errors when I use the wifi features so it's a bit hit-or-miss but if you'd like I can let you know when Leif has one in my town or give you a spare axe.

I didn't even think of that! Thanks for the offer. I haven't visited another town yet, so that might be nice.

Hello! I have some questions about perfect town. I've heard that in New Leaf it doesn't matter how many trees/flowers per acre but how many of them are in total. So how many trees and flowers are you required to maintain the perfect town?

For perfect town, according to the guide I used, you need:

-Trees, Palm Trees and Fruit Trees: Between 110 and 200 total.
-Flowers: Have at least 75 flowers planted throughout your town.
-Public Works: At least 10 Public Works are needed. Dream Suite, and Fortune-Teller don't count. Museum, Town Hall and Station Upgrades don't count.
-Weeds: No more than 10.
-Items on ground: No more than 10. This includes Fruit and Lost Items.
-Trash: None on ground, none buried.

Also, certain PWPs decrease your rating, like the bright light items.

Last edited:
If I don't want to wait two hours for the shops to open on main street, could I just set the time ahead a couple of hours or would that have negative consequences on my town?

If I don't want to wait two hours for the shops to open on main street, could I just set the time ahead a couple of hours or would that have negative consequences on my town?

Yeah you can do that. A few hours forward isn't going to do anything bad to your town.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Can someone with a Japanese copy of the game help me to find a particular dream town ?

I think Luna randomly picked this town out for me once a long time ago and I'd like to go back but I didn't write down their dream address. I only have their player name, による, after Wendell gave me one of their designs.

If anyone can give me a list of addresses linked to that name, I'd definitely be willing to pay bells, especially if I find that one particular one.

Thanks~ c:

Back