• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I've read from multiple people that they don't since they can't be demolished.

But... hmm... Do the Caf?, Police station, and the Reset center also not count towards that since they can't be demolished either?
I thought the reasoning would be that they don't count because they're not directly within the town itself.

But... hmm... Do the Caf?, Police station, and the Reset center also not count towards that since they can't be demolished either?
I thought the reasoning would be that they don't count because they're not directly within the town itself.

That's what I don't know for sure. I really hope not...

can you buy exterior "items" from other people's towns? i always see people on here asking for certain exterior things

can you buy exterior "items" from other people's towns? i always see people on here asking for certain exterior things

Not exactly--you can talk to the Nook at their store, though, and he'll send it to your town's store. You can then buy it from your own Nook the next day, when his current stock changes; it should guarantee that that item shows up.

That's what I don't know for sure. I really hope not...

I can confirm that permanent PWPs do not add to the 30 limit. Further, your first bridge doesn't count either, but rebuilding it as a different design, or even at all, will count it towards 30.

I can confirm that permanent PWPs do not add to the 30 limit. Further, your first bridge doesn't count either, but rebuilding it as a different design, or even at all, will count it towards 30.

Thank you! I had a feeling that they didn't since that would be pretty unfair to the player imo, so it's nice to have a confirmation here.

Thinking of making a secondary character to carry extra patterns, but my paths are laid out so nicely and the only area with room for another plot will probably screw up the layout of my paths a bit. But anyway, how much space will a secondary character's house take up? (e.g., 5x5?)

Thinking of making a secondary character to carry extra patterns, but my paths are laid out so nicely and the only area with room for another plot will probably screw up the layout of my paths a bit. But anyway, how much space will a secondary character's house take up? (e.g., 5x5?)

3 rows by 5 columns with the space in front of the entrance also being unusable

This is likely a silly question and I'm sure it's been asked. I have a villager (Julian) in my campsite, but I have 10 villagers, none of which are in boxes. One of my best friends wants Julian and I've been trying to get one to her. I assume her visiting and talking to him will do nothing?

Thanks!

This is likely a silly question and I'm sure it's been asked. I have a villager (Julian) in my campsite, but I have 10 villagers, none of which are in boxes. One of my best friends wants Julian and I've been trying to get one to her. I assume her visiting and talking to him will do nothing?

Thanks!

Alas, visitors can't claim a camper. Sorry to your friend, Julian's precious.

how do you get emotions? i thought you had to go to club lol during the day and give shrunk some fruit but it's not open in the daytime? I had all of the emotions in my old town i've just forgotten lol

how do you get emotions? i thought you had to go to club lol during the day and give shrunk some fruit but it's not open in the daytime? I had all of the emotions in my old town i've just forgotten lol

Club LOL opens up at 12pm :D Then you can visit him ^_^

Also, anyone have any tips on getting suggestions for PWPs?? I'm struggling here with my town....I need more PWPs but no one is suggesting ANYTHING TT^TT....I've been trying the swimming trick but to no avail...the chances are pretty slim though. I had so much luck with PWPs in my previous town and now it's all gone! :(

Last edited:
i know this is pretty hopeless but i'm going to ask anyway: basically i built my cafe at the end of a long peninsula, the long peninsula was joined on to the "mainland" by an original bridge, i recently got the wooden bridge pwp and deleted the original bridge only to find that isobelle isn't letting me build in the exact same spot.

is there really nothing i can do? it seems so unfair that the mechanics can work this way, it shouldn't have let me build the cafe in the first place sigh

i know this is pretty hopeless but i'm going to ask anyway: basically i built my cafe at the end of a long peninsula, the long peninsula was joined on to the "mainland" by an original bridge, i recently got the wooden bridge pwp and deleted the original bridge only to find that isobelle isn't letting me build in the exact same spot.

is there really nothing i can do? it seems so unfair that the mechanics can work this way, it shouldn't have let me build the cafe in the first place sigh

PWP mechanics are really awful, yeah, but that's an unfortunately lost cause. Bridges require an insane amount of buffer space for some reason (god knows why, I'd understand if they had to be built with cranes but they're too small for that), and with the cafe right there...

Sorry to hear of the misfortune. I hope you can work around it somehow :>

PWP mechanics are really awful, yeah, but that's an unfortunately lost cause. Bridges require an insane amount of buffer space for some reason (god knows why, I'd understand if they had to be built with cranes but they're too small for that), and with the cafe right there...

Sorry to hear of the misfortune. I hope you can work around it somehow :>

thank you for confirming! and thanks for your well wishes :D i kind of half knew this might be the case but i was willing to take the risk since i didn't want the cobblestone bridge type in my town! oh well, thankfully it's not too handy a bridge anyway!

Club LOL opens up at 12pm :D Then you can visit him ^_^

Also, anyone have any tips on getting suggestions for PWPs?? I'm struggling here with my town....I need more PWPs but no one is suggesting ANYTHING TT^TT....I've been trying the swimming trick but to no avail...the chances are pretty slim though. I had so much luck with PWPs in my previous town and now it's all gone! :(

One thing to remember about PWPs is that certain types of villagers will request certain types of PWP's, so if you have a town with, for example, no uchi villagers, then you won't get any suggestions for a Scarecrow PWP. This page, if you scroll down, has a list of every single PWP and what types of villagers will suggest them. I'd recommend cycling in a villager with a personality type that you're lacking and then cycling them out after they request some PWPs that you'd like. Other than that though, it's a pretty random process.

^To add to what Akimari said, I found it really effective to trap villagers of the personality type I wanted to request PWPs with holes the last time I was PWP grinding. Easy to go back and find them.

Also, you probably know this, but fill your pockets with flowers and shells and lose all your money while you grind. It cuts out the tedious buying/selling pings from villagers. Make sure you're also talking to someone every once in a while; if they want to give you the message to take a break, that blocks all possibility of pings until you've heard it.

Does Gracie appear once a week, once a month, when? It's been two weeks since Gracie did a fashion check in my town.

Back