• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I don't have a jock in my town currently and I'm at 8 villagers, I'm doing the village reset trick so I can have a cute villager move in but they're not jocks. I thought the game generated a jock for me since I'm missing one?

I don't have a jock in my town currently and I'm at 8 villagers, I'm doing the village reset trick so I can have a cute villager move in but they're not jocks. I thought the game generated a jock for me since I'm missing one?

hello my lil cutie!! is it possible that the villager that most recently moved out was a jock? because that would probably be why! so like, if your last move out was a jock, and you now have no jocks in your town, the game prob won't generate jocks for this move in, but it will for the one after that. if that's not the reason, then i'm not sure why and i'm of no help.

hello my lil cutie!! is it possible that the villager that most recently moved out was a jock? because that would probably be why! so like, if your last move out was a jock, and you now have no jocks in your town, the game prob won't generate jocks for this move in, but it will for the one after that. if that's not the reason, then i'm not sure why and i'm of no help.

You are an angel descended to earth to make it a better place. Ty lovely that'll be why!

I did the two day TT to get one of my villagers to want to move (will leave in 4 days). If I do it again to try and remove a few other villagers. Will it reset the 1st villager and he will no longer want to leave? Or once it's said..it's set in stone?

I did the two day TT to get one of my villagers to want to move (will leave in 4 days). If I do it again to try and remove a few other villagers. Will it reset the 1st villager and he will no longer want to leave? Or once it's said..it's set in stone?

I'm pretty sure that once he says that he'll leave then it's set in stone. Then so long as you TT past the date that he wants to move out then he'll be gone.

I'm pretty sure that once he says that he'll leave then it's set in stone. Then so long as you TT past the date that he wants to move out then he'll be gone.

Ohhhh. I see. Then I can just go back again after I TT to his departure date, and find another villager to remove.

Thank you for the help. Didn't even think about that.

Yes, there is a site which has images of all the expansions (tent, house, and so on), however it seems that it has either been hacked or something else is seriously wrong with it because I kept getting error messages yesterday. Hence why I didn't link it here. I can get the page itself to load but the images aren't showing up so that's not helping. I'll see later if I can find them elsewhere (but that site is really the only one where I've ever seen those pictures, so eh...).

Aaaaaaand it seems that the problem (whatever it was) has been fixed, so YAY, I can link to the site:
http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/House and then scroll down to "Animal Crossing: New Leaf - House Stages". I hope this is what you were looking for! ^_^

If a villager pings me and I missed it, will they ping me again for the same thing again while I'm still playing, or would I have to end the game and try again? I didn't see who pinged me since they were off screen and there were several villagers in one spot. I'm worried it was a request to move.

Edit: Nevermind me. I went on a second character and ran around and found out it was indeed a ping to move. Cube is -finally- leaving my town. Yesss

Last edited:
If a villager pings me and I missed it, will they ping me again for the same thing again while I'm still playing, or would I have to end the game and try again? I didn't see who pinged me since they were off screen and there were several villagers in one spot. I'm worried it was a request to move.

I think you have to wait at least 20 minutes before the same villager will ping you again. If it was going to be a moving request, you can save and quit and reload your game and the villager will ping you again.

Does anyone know if bridges count toward the 30 PWP limit? If so, is it just the second and third bridge that count or the first one too? I'd like to hear from someone who has built as many PWPs as possible so you can go through and count the number of PWPs on the demolition list.

Does anyone know if bridges count toward the 30 PWP limit? If so, is it just the second and third bridge that count or the first one too? I'd like to hear from someone who has built as many PWPs as possible so you can go through and count the number of PWPs on the demolition list.

Bridges count. Your original bridge does not count unless you destroyed it to remodel or move it. Then it counts as one of the 30.

What's the best way to spawn Scorpions? I've cut down all the trees so no beetles or other tree bugs will spawn and I've picked up all my flowers so butterflies will spawn less or not at all. Is there a month and/or time where there's less competition? Is there anything I'm not thinking about?

What's the best way to spawn Scorpions? I've cut down all the trees so no beetles or other tree bugs will spawn and I've picked up all my flowers so butterflies will spawn less or not at all. Is there a month and/or time where there's less competition? Is there anything I'm not thinking about?

You can enter and exit buildings, or choose "save and continue" to refresh the insects and such. ^_^

If your town is in real time, November then you won`t be able to catch any skorpions, they only spawn from July to September,time is 7pm to 4am, here is a link for you: http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Scorpion

If your town is in real time, November then you won`t be able to catch any skorpions, they only spawn from July to September,time is 7pm to 4am, here is a link for you: http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Scorpion

Yup, I'm already in July.

You can enter and exit buildings, or choose "save and continue" to refresh the insects and such. ^_^

If I know a confirmed spawn spot, do you think continuously save and continuing will spawn a scorpion right in front of me?

If I know a confirmed spawn spot, do you think continuously save and continuing will spawn a scorpion right in front of me?

Probably, but it would likely take a while. I'd reccomend just walking around for a few minutes before saving instead of relying on it spawning in your face.

I'd suggest you try in September. A lot of other bugs appear in July and August so your chances of finding a scorpion are not as high in those months as September. I'd also set the time to some time after midnight when most of the other bugs don't appear anymore. I know that I had the most success finding tarantulas in June from 2-3 A.M. Unfortunately scorpions don't appear in June and you'll have to deal with crickets in September, but it's not as bad as having beetles and cicadas on every tree.

Last edited:
I'd suggest you try in September. A lot of other bugs appear in July and August so your chances of finding a scorpion are not as high in those months as September. I'd also set the time to some time after midnight when most of the other bugs don't appear anymore. I know that I had the most success finding tarantulas in June from 2-3 A.M. Unfortunately scorpions don't appear in June and you'll have to deal with crickets in September, but it's not as bad as having beetles and cicadas on every tree.

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH! This was exactly the kind of information I was looking for.

I'm decorating someone's town, and a few days ago I was helping them make dirt paths by running over the desired place for the paths. But I was wondering: if you invite someone over to come to your town, and that someone runs over your grass, and you kept on saving and continuing...would you be able to reduce the grass? :confused:

Back