• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I accidentally voided a villager by time travelling (time not day) backwards. He is now in my void. What is the chance i can still get him to someone and what method is the most successful?

I'm decorating someone's town, and a few days ago I was helping them make dirt paths by running over the desired place for the paths. But I was wondering: if you invite someone over to come to your town, and that someone runs over your grass, and you kept on saving and continuing...would you be able to reduce the grass? :confused:

As far as i know yes. Characters can ie you, animals can't that's what i heard anyway.

It's been a while since I played so I'm kind of rusty: how long does it take for a villager you adopted from another town to come into your own?

I thought it would be the next day, but even two or three days after I adopted Punchy (and there was absolutely no problem or anything odd during the adoption), I can't seem to find his spot anywhere. Is it because he'll be my 9th villager that he is taking so long to move in? Or was there a problem and in this case I should consider my Punchy lost?

Thanks in advance...!

It's been a while since I played so I'm kind of rusty: how long does it take for a villager you adopted from another town to come into your own?

I thought it would be the next day, but even two or three days after I adopted Punchy (and there was absolutely no problem or anything odd during the adoption), I can't seem to find his spot anywhere. Is it because he'll be my 9th villager that he is taking so long to move in? Or was there a problem and in this case I should consider my Punchy lost?

Thanks in advance...!

If you talked to him and told him that you want him to come, then he should have appeared the next day if you had 9 or less villagers. The only things I can think of are that you might have accidentally told him to not move into your town or that you told another villager to come the same day, but that can't be the case if no one else has moved in to your town. If the other person hasn't played the next day yet, you could ask him/her to TT back to the day you adopted him and see if he really was adopted.

If you talked to him and told him that you want him to come, then he should have appeared the next day if you had 9 or less villagers. The only things I can think of are that you might have accidentally told him to not move into your town or that you told another villager to come the same day, but that can't be the case if no one else has moved in to your town. If the other person hasn't played the next day yet, you could ask him/her to TT back to the day you adopted him and see if he really was adopted.

Thank you for the answer!

I guess I must've done a time travelling error at some point, because I clearly remember him telling me how excited he was to move in. It might come from the fact that I'm actually cycling in this town, and the day I adopted Punchy, I had my 9th villager in boxes, and I intentionally messed up the cycling process by waiting a day (to plot reset Punchy) but maybe I should've continued my cycling and TT a year forward, then another, and plot reset at that time. But I was unsure wether he would settle in a year after, or two years after... anyway!

Too bad for me (and the 250 BTB I spent on him). I'm sure he and I will meet again eventually ;u;

- - - Post Merge - - -

EDIT: Punchy is here aaaaand in a horrible spot because at that point I had stopped believing he would show up! So I loaded the game with my mayor and tada! I have to admit, I am kind of disgusted.

Will a villager plot their house in your town when an event is going on, for example the fishing tourney?

Yes, a villager can plot any day of the year as far as I know

Thank you! :> I have another question - So, I know that when villagers plot, that they like to be near other people. In my new map everyone is spread apart...I've been plot resetting and they keep plotting right next to ME. Is there some code in the game that plots them near your Mayor if there isn't a group of villagers for them to plot near? It's really annoying! :<

Last edited:
Thank you! :> I have another question - So, I know that when villagers plot, that they like to be near other people. In my new map everyone is spread apart...I've been plot resetting and they keep plotting right next to ME. Is there some code in the game that plots them near your Mayor if there isn't a group of villagers for them to plot near? It's really annoying! :<

I don't think there is code in the game that makes villagers more likely to plot near other villagers or characters living in the town because that would probably take a lot of time and effort to code that and it wouldn't add anything of real value to the game. I think it is more likely that a villager gets plotted randomly on the map and then the game checks for other buildings, rocks, water, etc. nearby to make sure that the location is a legal plot location and if it isn't, the plot gets "moved" one space away from whatever the obstacle is and then that location is checked and so on until the game finds a legal plot location. That would explain why locations near rivers, ponds, cliffs, and other buildings are popular locations for plots to appear. Depending on how many and where your PWPs are, a lot of plots may be getting "pushed" to one location because there is nowhere else for the plots to go.

Last edited:
I have another question: so if you were to create dirt paths, and ran over and over again (with another player from another town help you) and saving and continuing, then later on you quit the game for now and when you get back on it, you decide to turn back the clock a few hours earlier so it'll stay the same day. Will the grass still deteriorate?

I have another question: so if you were to create dirt paths, and ran over and over again (with another player from another town help you) and saving and continuing, then later on you quit the game for now and when you get back on it, you decide to turn back the clock a few hours earlier so it'll stay the same day. Will the grass still deteriorate?

Considering time traveling backwards to any time before the last time you played equates to traveling forward a day, whatever you have saved should still be in effect. To be safe though, I might just TT forward an actual day, then go back to the actual time, but I'm not really sure why you're time traveling backwards in the same day.

Last edited:
When it comes to plot resetting, do I have to plot reset the DAY I know a villager is going to plot, or can I start up a new character any day after that as long as I do not go on my mayor at all to plot reset?

For example:
Purrl was invited to move to my town tomorrow
I don't feel like plot resetting tomorrow
I don't play at all
I open the game up on Saturday as a new character right away

Will this work?

I have a few questions regarding gardening. I know the general trees can't be planted next to each other so on so forth but I've had some troubles with shrubs. Most are fine and will grow next to each other with trees as well, but why do some not grow for random reasons? Is there a limited number in plants per few squares? It just gets a bit annoying when you are planning your town and one shrub won't grow.

Also I have found some cedars won't grow in the same spots that normal trees did. Do they have special requirements or something? I would have thought if a tree grows in a plot then a radar should...

Finally, I only found out about sprinting and dirt patches a few months back so my town has quite a lot of dirt paths. Can these grow back into grass and if so how?

Thanks for the help/

I have a few questions regarding gardening. I know the general trees can't be planted next to each other so on so forth but I've had some troubles with shrubs. Most are fine and will grow next to each other with trees as well, but why do some not grow for random reasons? Is there a limited number in plants per few squares? It just gets a bit annoying when you are planning your town and one shrub won't grow.

Also I have found some cedars won't grow in the same spots that normal trees did. Do they have special requirements or something? I would have thought if a tree grows in a plot then a radar should...

Finally, I only found out about sprinting and dirt patches a few months back so my town has quite a lot of dirt paths. Can these grow back into grass and if so how?

Thanks for the help/

You can only plant up to 12 bushes or trees that are connected to each other without any spaces in between. If that is not the problem, then try planting the bushes which are going to be in the middle first, wait for them to grow, and the plant bushes going outward, letting them grow before you plant the next set, until you finish your bush formation.

Cedar trees only grow on the northern half of your map. Specifically, they can only grow within 32 spaces south of the fence next to the train tracks.

To regrow grass, you can just time travel about a month forward and then back and your grass will regrow.

- - - Post Merge - - -

When it comes to plot resetting, do I have to plot reset the DAY I know a villager is going to plot, or can I start up a new character any day after that as long as I do not go on my mayor at all to plot reset?

For example:
Purrl was invited to move to my town tomorrow
I don't feel like plot resetting tomorrow
I don't play at all
I open the game up on Saturday as a new character right away

Will this work?

Yes. That will work just fine. Nothing in your town gets saved until you load an existing character or save as a new character.

Last edited:
HALP

I wanna wear a certain shirt (short sleeved pants are long), but its fall... and i don't want my villager to get sick. what should i do o_O (please answer fast) PM me with an answer

Last edited:
Back