• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I have beautiful ordinance in my town. Since I changed it from a bell boom one I actually have less new flowers growing then before. My question is - shall I still water my flowers (golden can) even if I have beautiful ordinance? Or it won't make any difference?

So what's the best way to go about breeding hybrid flowers? Placing them beside each other, diagonal, what? And if someone could explain in more detail how to get blue roses, that would be great. What does the special red rose have to breed with to get the blue one?

I have beautiful ordinance in my town. Since I changed it from a bell boom one I actually have less new flowers growing then before. My question is - shall I still water my flowers (golden can) even if I have beautiful ordinance? Or it won't make any difference?

I think new flowers are random.. (sometimes villagers plant new regular flowers and I believe they do it more often with beautiful town ordinance). Technically you don't have to water all the flowers since they won't wilt or go gray, but if you use golden can i believe there's higher chance if getting a hybrid flower. So water the flowers where you want hybrid colors.

- - - Post Merge - - -

So what's the best way to go about breeding hybrid flowers? Placing them beside each other, diagonal, what? And if someone could explain in more detail how to get blue roses, that would be great. What does the special red rose have to breed with to get the blue one?

Hmm i always use the diagonal pattern and plant a ferterlizer in the middle.

XOX
OFO
XOX

Think of O as the flower and F as fertilizer. X is empty space for new hybrids to spawn.

To be honest I never grew my own blue roses >.< much easier to buy one pair, place it by each other and water them everyday to breed more. If youd like a pair of blue roses, feel free to message me. I will give you a pair for free c:

Last edited:
Does it matter if you don't talk to a villager on the moving day, even if you've played? They send you a good-bye letter regardless, I'd imagine, but does it make it more or less likely that they'll give you their picture in their good-bye letter?

I just let someone come talk Chrissy into moving, saved and quit, then went back in because I'd realized I never said good-bye to her myself. However, when I went to her door, it said "Moved out." Not that I'm sad she moved or anything, but "as the mayor," does not saying goodbye really matter all that much?

Does it matter if you don't talk to a villager on the moving day, even if you've played? They send you a good-bye letter regardless, I'd imagine, but does it make it more or less likely that they'll give you their picture in their good-bye letter?

I just let someone come talk Chrissy into moving, saved and quit, then went back in because I'd realized I never said good-bye to her myself. However, when I went to her door, it said "Moved out." Not that I'm sad she moved or anything, but "as the mayor," does not saying goodbye really matter all that much?

Probably not. If you're friendship level is high enough you'll get the pic regardless

Yea I don't think it matters if you say good bye or not. As long as you have a high friendship with the villager that's moving out, they'll send you a picture in the letter. but then it's been a day so you probably got the letter already, heh ;__;

Yea I don't think it matters if you say good bye or not. As long as you have a high friendship with the villager that's moving out, they'll send you a picture in the letter. but then it's been a day so you probably got the letter already, heh ;__;

I did, but I wasn't close to that villager anyway. I wanted her out. XD I'm mainly just curious if it matters if you said goodbye or not, but I guess it doesn't make that much of a different. Thanks, guys!

I've seen people say that they have a villager in a box. What do they mean?

You probably mean they have a villager in boxes? That means they have a villager who is ready to move out but hasn't moved out of their town yet. They say "in boxes" because when a villager is ready to move out, when you enter their home, they'll have packed their furniture into boxes. During this time, a mayor from another town (let's say Mayor B from Town B) may come and speak to the villager that is in boxes and ask them to move from that town to their town (Town B).

You probably mean they have a villager in boxes? That means they have a villager who is ready to move out but hasn't moved out of their town yet. They say "in boxes" because when a villager is ready to move out, when you enter their home, they'll have packed their furniture into boxes. During this time, a mayor from another town (let's say Mayor B from Town B) may come and speak to the villager that is in boxes and ask them to move from that town to their town (Town B).
Ohhh ok that makes sense now, thank you for explaining.

One of my villagers will be moving out very soon. I want to make room for one of my dreamies, but I'm wondering if I have anything from my void, because the last town I went to is my cycling town. I went to my cycling town twice, though, so will my void be cleared, or will I still have villagers in my void?

I have a villager moving out in a few days but a cycling town is reserving a dreamy for me so I was thinking of time travelling to get them to move out, however I have never done this before so how do I safely time travel to next week to move her out without losing any of my other villagers??

I have a villager moving out in a few days but a cycling town is reserving a dreamy for me so I was thinking of time travelling to get them to move out, however I have never done this before so how do I safely time travel to next week to move her out without losing any of my other villagers??

TT to the next day, save and quit, ect ect.

There are two kinds of special rock. One spits out bells, and one is a "fake" rock in a different place than your permanent rocks that reveals ore instead.

However, with a silver shovel, sometimes ore pops out instead of bells. It's not the same thing as the fake ore rock; it's just a luckier version of the bell rock, that to my knowledge only works with the silver shovel.

How long does it take to empty the void? One of my villagers moved out recently and I'm scared if I do trades on that town someone might end up picking him up without wanting to.

Back