• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I see a lot of stuff in some trading threads about 7/11-themed items. What are these and why do people want them so much? (I'm assuming they were DLC, like that LittleBigPlanet slurpee shirt from like 2010?)

Unorderable DLC that you could only get by going to a 7/11 in Japan.

Okay, so I have a voided villager I've been trying to get rid of for MONTHS (real life and in-game/I TT as well), and I just can't get him to move out!!! And it's driving me crazy to the point I wanna quit playing :( I have 10 villagers, 9 dreamies, and it's so risky for me to TT, and I've been TT'ing for 3 months in real life and about 9 months in-game. I try to be careful so I don't TT out my dreamies. However, everyone else has asked to move but this damn voided villager. :mad: I looked up tricks to moving out move-in villagers, and I've been doing those tricks even before I got this voided villager, I TT out a lot and never have this problem unless they are from void. And now I got a hold of my last dreamy so many times and never actually got them because I just can't get rid of this freaking lame ass voided villager. :mad: And so yeah, any tips? :(

I talked to him first day he moved in, and never talked to him again. I heard this was the best way as it puts them in the category: to be friends (talking to them a lot as if I fricking like them), neutral (talk first day, ignore until hear rumors that they're planning to move-- which is what I usually do and never had a problem), or to be enemies (hitting with nets, pushing, etc.) And so yeah, I put them in the "neutral" category, usually the villager talks pings me about moving in like a week, but not with this one. And like I said, everyone else has asked to move. I thought if the rest/9 villagers ask to move, the 10th will ask as well? Or what? Should I just start talking to this damn villager? Befriends with him like normal? Ugh, I wasted 3 months of my life :mad:

If anyone can explain or help me with this, thank you so much!

Last edited:
Someone started a 10th villager guide where they claimed a voided villager will never leave until you move someone else out and someone else in. I can't say that's absolutely true, but I got Mott from visiting someone who voided him, and he never asked to move until months later when I let some others go. He never asked for a catchphrase, either, even though I talked to him all the time. I think voided villagers are emotionally damaged and cling to their new towns with a death grip. We don't know what the void's like, or maybe we'd understand.

Someone started a 10th villager guide where they claimed a voided villager will never leave until you move someone else out and someone else in. I can't say that's absolutely true, but I got Mott from visiting someone who voided him, and he never asked to move until months later when I let some others go. He never asked for a catchphrase, either, even though I talked to him all the time. I think voided villagers are emotionally damaged and cling to their new towns with a death grip. We don't know what the void's like, or maybe we'd understand.

Fml..... All of my... omfg.... my dreamies.... I think I'm gonna cry now.... I don't know who to choose.. Why did I have to receive a voided villager :( Anyway, thank you so much again Ras. Now that I think about this, I recall reading this somewhere. I'm glad I posted on here, I hope I posted sooner though... I spent 3 months, oh my god. I'm so mad. And sad.

Hopefully, someone will post that they got a void villager out immediately. I never have luck moving my tenth. I had to move my dear Pecan because stupid Ed isn't budging.

I have Sahara in my town. If I TT-ed a day forward and then backwards would she still be here? Trying to get a specific carpet and wallpaper.

I have Sahara in my town. If I TT-ed a day forward and then backwards would she still be here? Trying to get a specific carpet and wallpaper.

Pretty sure she is not guaranteed to be, there would just be the chance for her to be there again (I think!).

She will be!

I've done this a lot, looking for a Lunar Wall. xD; As long as you stay within the same week (I think Sunday is the first day, because Turnip cycle), Sahara and Redd and some other visitors will keep visiting if you TT back to their day!

For Weeding Day, are the items Leif gives you random (like Pave) or will he give items in a specific order (like Snowmam)?

For Weeding Day, are the items Leif gives you random (like Pave) or will he give items in a specific order (like Snowmam)?

Leif separates the weeding day items into two categories: the "Town Cleanup" and "Happy Generosity." "Town Cleanup" rewards are only rewarded to residents of the and "Happy Generosity" rewards are only given to visiting players. So if you want to get the full set, you'll need lots of weeds and some friends.

Anyhoo, to answer your question, it's like Pave. It's completely random. I got 7 hydrangea beds and 1 azalea stool.

Is there any perk to repaying the loan of the last house upgrade?

You can do the theme challenge from Lyle once you completely pay off your house. If you do, you need your exterior and interior to all be the same theme and you can get big HHA points from it (I'm talking about hundreds of thousands up to a million)

Personally, I paid off my loan, but I didn't compete in the theme challenge. I like my house a little eclectic instead of all sets.

Leif separates the weeding day items into two categories: the "Town Cleanup" and "Happy Generosity." "Town Cleanup" rewards are only rewarded to residents of the and "Happy Generosity" rewards are only given to visiting players. So if you want to get the full set, you'll need lots of weeds and some friends.

Anyhoo, to answer your question, it's like Pave. It's completely random. I got 7 hydrangea beds and 1 azalea stool.

Thank you btw. I had read somewhere that he gave you a prize for every 30 weeds. Well that is not true. You have to pick ALL the weeds. So I TT'd ahead a few years so I'd have lots of weeds. Then had to pull like 600 weeds just for one prize. -.-

Also @ Silverwind - Doing the home theme challenge after paying off your loan is how you get the gold exterior if you're interested in that. I paid off my loan, but I'm not interested in doing the theme challenge either.

Thank you btw. I had read somewhere that he gave you a prize for every 30 weeds. Well that is not true. You have to pick ALL the weeds. So I TT'd ahead a few years so I'd have lots of weeds. Then had to pull like 600 weeds just for one prize. -.-

Hmm, that doesn't seem right. I personally never got any "Town Cleanup" rewards, but I got a lot of "Happy Generosity" rewards and it only ever took me 30 weeds each time.

Well when you do the regular weed pulling, it takes between 30-50 weeds for Leif to show up randomly in your town (I think). And you have to pull ALL the existing weeds whether it's 30 or 600 in order to get a prize. Same thing for Weeding Day. You have to pick ALL the weeds that are there. The town has to be weed-free completely, otherwise he registers it as giving up and he won't give a prize. TTing about 3-4 months ahead will accumulate about 50-60 weeds.

I think I misunderstood what I read as meaning for every 30 weeds, he'll give a prize. As in, I pull 30 weeds, talk to him, he'll give me a prize, I pull 30 more weeds, he'll give another prize. So I thought if I had a lot of weeds I could get all the prizes in one day.

Last edited:
Hopefully this will clear up some of the confusion:

Leif will be in your plaza between 6am and 7pm. If you have zero weeds to start the day with, Leif will unlock the three topiary PWPs. If you do have weeds, you can earn furniture from the Weeding Day set by pulling them.

• Pulling all the weeds in your own town will earn you either the Cosmos Fan, Lily Record Player, Rose Sofa, or Violet Screen.
  • Pulling 30 weeds in someone else's town will earn you either the Azalea Stool, Flower Bouquet, Hibiscus Clock, Hydrangea Bed, Lily Lamp, Pansy Table, Sunflower Stereo, or Tulip Dresser.

(Note: This is for the NA version.)

Last edited:
Hopefully this will clear up some of the confusion:

Leif will be in your plaza between 6am and 7pm. If you have zero weeds to start the day with, Leif will unlock the three topiary PWPs. If you do have weeds, you can earn furniture from the Weeding Day set by pulling them.

• Pulling all the weeds in your own town will earn you either the Cosmos Fan, Lily Record Player, Rose Sofa, or Violet Screen.

Pulling 30 weeds in someone else's town will earn you either the Azalea Stool, Flower Bouquet, Hibiscus Clock, Hydrangea Bed, Lily Lamp, Pansy Table, Sunflower Stereo, or Tulip Dresser.

(Note: This is for the NA version.)

Wow, that's pretty terrible. Does that mean if you want to get all of the weeding day items without having to trade, you'd have to do weeding day at least 4 times in your own town?

Wow, that's pretty terrible. Does that mean if you want to get all of the weeding day items without having to trade, you'd have to do weeding day at least 4 times in your own town?

I can only assume so. At least four, meaning save before talking with Leif to ensure you can reset for a different item each time. :(

One more question about weeding day: let's you you get a weed right on that day, can you pluck it before talking to Leif and still unlock the topiaries?

Can you have a lighthouse and windmill at the same time in New Leaf?
I've built the lighthouse already but been waiting MONTHS for someone to request the windmill...

Back