• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

One more question about weeding day: let's you you get a weed right on that day, can you pluck it before talking to Leif and still unlock the topiaries?

Not sure on this one. Most guides just say "starting the day" with zero weeds. You'd think plucking all the weeds before starting the event (talking with Leif) would count towards the PWP unlock, but this game is finicky. Definitely something that needs testing.

Can you have a lighthouse and windmill at the same time in New Leaf?
I've built the lighthouse already but been waiting MONTHS for someone to request the windmill...

I believe you can, yes. But for the windmill, you need an uchi to request it.

Last edited:
I have a Katie question, if she came to my town yesterday (I saw her get off the train with a visitor) should she of been in my town today? I have looked all over and not seen her, and if she's not there today will she be maybe tomorrow?

No, she just disappears. She's just a way to encourage people to interact online. You will start to see her in your town the more you travel, but it'll be a coincidence and not because someone dropped her off.

If two people share a birthday, are both celebrated? My sister never plays, but my villagers are mentioning her birthday and not mine. Should I just demolish my sister's house? We're twins, we share a birthday on May 23rd.

How do you camp reset? Is it possible to get change the villager that is camping in your town for the day? If so how?

How do you camp reset? Is it possible to get change the villager that is camping in your town for the day? If so how?

It's essentially the same as a plot reset. New character, check tent, either quit or save and play as the mayor. Except the chance of having the tent occupied at all is random, so you have two variables going on here. Occupied vs not, and villager you want vs not.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If two people share a birthday, are both celebrated? My sister never plays, but my villagers are mentioning her birthday and not mine. Should I just demolish my sister's house? We're twins, we share a birthday on May 23rd.

Play as your sister. Do they mention your birthday now? If I remember, they won't mention yours if you're playing as that character, but it'll still be celebrated because you each have to log in separately during the day.

How soon can a villager move into town right after one moves out? Like, if one villager's house is gone one day, can there be a plot the very next day?

TT question: I know that if a villager pings and you tell them to stay, you're OK to time travel after without losing a villager. Well, Flo is gonna leave, luckily - another villager told me so and she keeps pinging me, though I'm not talking to her (don't want to accidentally make her stay). With her in this current state, am I safe to make a significant TT forward without losing another villager?

TT question: I know that if a villager pings and you tell them to stay, you're OK to time travel after without losing a villager. Well, Flo is gonna leave, luckily - another villager told me so and she keeps pinging me, though I'm not talking to her (don't want to accidentally make her stay). With her in this current state, am I safe to make a significant TT forward without losing another villager?

You should be okay if someone else told you that Flo wants to leave. She will be the one gone when you TT forward but it also really depends on how many days you want to TT because some other villager could go into boxes after Flo is gone.

Absolutely. Do you have an uchi to suggest the windmill?

Yeah, I have Agnes :3
But she's just not requesting it... Gonna stalk her all day again today :p

Last edited:
Kyle pinged me a couple minutes ago and asked to move. I really wanted him to go, so I said okay, but then he pulled that stupid "what no i thought we were friends now i have to stay" line, so I shut the 3DS off. If I TT to his moving date, will he still move?

Kyle pinged me a couple minutes ago and asked to move. I really wanted him to go, so I said okay, but then he pulled that stupid "what no i thought we were friends now i have to stay" line, so I shut the 3DS off. If I TT to his moving date, will he still move?

If he pinged you, no, you'll have to get him to ping you again. Otherwise, if you had spoken to him after the initial ping (example, the next day after the ping) and he had changed his mind, as long as you'd saved after the first agreement to move, yes, you could TT.

That's really wordy. I hope it made sense.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, I have Agnes :3
But she's just not requesting it... Gonna stalk her all day again today :p

You can try the request trick where you hide in a remote corner, like the bottom of the ocean, for about 10 minutes. Find her outside, then see if you can get back to her without any other villagers seeing you, as it's usually the first villager to see you that will ping.

So I want Leonardo to move out. I haven't introduced myself to him as of yet.
How long does would it take for Leonardo to move out on his own?
Do I have to introduce myself to him first? Or can I just leave him alone?

So I want Leonardo to move out. I haven't introduced myself to him as of yet.
How long does would it take for Leonardo to move out on his own?
Do I have to introduce myself to him first? Or can I just leave him alone?

The method I have experience with is introducing yourself while a villager is unpacking, then ignoring them for a period of a week or so. Another villager then rumored of the ignored villager's plans to leave. Note, I introduced myself while they were unpacking, but I'd assume an introduction any time followed by ignoring would work.

Otherwise, you would have to speed things along by becoming best buds.

I plot reset a villager's house and realized that despite laying out a nice spot (ample space around), the villager just won't move in no matter what (and ended up squeezing into really ridiculous spots that my pwps failed to cover). Is there a reason for this?

Last edited:
I plot reset a villager's house and realized that despite laying out a nice spot (ample space around), the villager just won't move in no matter what (and ended up squeezing into really ridiculous spots that my pwps failed to cover). Is there a reason for this?

Placement is random, but it does seem they like to be close to pre-existing buildings and other villagers' homes.

Last edited:
If i were to save my dream town whilst Phineas (or Saharah, or any wandering special characters) were in my town, would they still show up walking around the dream town? Thanks!

Last edited:
Back