• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Hey guys, quick question - what is the flooring in this screenshot called? [link]
That's definitely the Jungle Floor:

jungle-floor.jpg

- - - Post Merge - - -

What would happen in this scenario?

Current Time: 11:30 PM , 5/18
-I TT one day forward, now it's 5/19
-I TT one day back, it's now 5/18 again

Would this affect plot resetting in anyway? I want to start uchi/cranky resetting.

Well, it would count as 2 days passing. It sounds like you're talking about resetting for incoming villagers either at the beginning of a new town or with the 7 day method, so it might end up saving someone you don't necessarily want.

Last edited:
Is the yellow bit on phoebe's head hair or feathers? Not the spikes on top of her head, i mean the kind of curly bits at the sides? Like from the front it looks more like feathers but from the side it curls round as if it could be either hair or spiky feathers. Ugh i love her so much already my little phoenix friend

Last edited:
Is the yellow bit on phoebe's head hair or feathers? Not the spikes on top of her head, i mean the kind of curly bits at the sides? Like from the front it looks more like feathers but from the side it curls round as if it could be either hair or spiky feathers. Ugh i love her so much already my little phoenix friend

Technically, since Phoebe is a bird, they would be feathers. These feathers are just closer to the body.

ok i have 2 big ugly dirt patches (right next to each other to make it a giant one) from new mayors while i was plot resetting, they're just not recovering i planted flowers on it and watered them each day but as i'm having to walk on it to water them all nothing seems to be happening

should i just leave it to recover on its own?

ok i have 2 big ugly dirt patches (right next to each other to make it a giant one) from new mayors while i was plot resetting, they're just not recovering i planted flowers on it and watered them each day but as i'm having to walk on it to water them all nothing seems to be happening

should i just leave it to recover on its own?

Honestly, I've never had luck getting grass to grow back by watering it and putting flowers on top since, like you said, you have to walk on it. I'd leave the flowers on there, and then just try to forget about the patches for, like, a month, and leave it to its own devices.

On a related note, can grass grow in single patches? I'm still working on my dirt paths (ugh it's taking forever) and I wonder if it would even bother to grow in places like next to PWP or other dirt patches. Like so:
(PWP) grass (path)

or

(path) grass (path)

Or ist that just too little space?

how close to a house (second character with a zen castle) can i put a PWP?

PPP (pwp)
XXX (empty space)
XXX (empty space)
HHH (house)

Is the above possible?

Alssssso is it possible to meet other players living in my town? I see pictures with several people all the time and I have no idea wether these are visitors or neighbours.

I made a super-long post so I'm putting answers until spoiler tags. Oops. Sorry.

On a related note, can grass grow in single patches? I'm still working on my dirt paths (ugh it's taking forever) and I wonder if it would even bother to grow in places like next to PWP or other dirt patches. Like so:
(PWP) grass (path)

or

(path) grass (path)

Or ist that just too little space?

Hm, I'm not sure I entirely understand your question, but I would imagine that it's possible. I'm not sure how it will look, though, since you'll basically end up with really thin lines or super tiny patches of grass, at least that's how I'm imagining it. I feel like the best way to try and accomplish this is setting flowers/bushes where you want the grass, setting patterns where you want the dirt path, and then doing your best to avoid the flowers/bushes.There are some dirt patches where grass never grows, though, so keep that in mind. Grass also tends to kind of grow out of existing grass, so if there isn't grass nearby, you might have some trouble. Sorry if I didn't understand your question properly!

What is plot resetting?

Plot resetting can refer to a few different things. The general method is that, when you turn on your game for the first time of a new AC day (after 6:00 AM), instead of loading up your mayor, create a new character and go through Rover's spiel. This is important because there's a difference between making a new character and loading your mayor. When you load your mayor, your town is simultaneously generated and saved. This happens when Isabelle is doing her spiel. However, when you make a new character, the town is only "generated." It doesn't save until you get your TPC.

Because it isn't saved, and because the town has variations for each given day on how it is generated, you can do a few different things. For starters, if you have less than 9 villagers, you have a chance of getting a random new villager. If you do the reset trick, you can try and pick what villager you get. Also, if you know that you have a villager moving in, you can change where they put their plot. In both these cases, as long as you don't save, every time you make a new character, the plot changes. You can also do campsite resetting since, again, every time you make a new character, you have a chance of getting a different camper. In all these cases, once you find something you like, you go until you get your TPC, save the game, then load up your mayor and you'll have whatever you reset for. Sorry this was so long-winded! If you have more questions about this, ask away!

PPP (pwp)
XXX (empty space)
XXX (empty space)
HHH (house)

Is the above possible?

That should be fine since it gives one buffer area to the house and one to the PWP. The only exception would be if the PWP is a bridge, since the bridges have really bizarre buffer zones.

Alssssso is it possible to meet other players living in my town? I see pictures with several people all the time and I have no idea wether these are visitors or neighbours.

You can't meet other players living in your town. You can technically do so in a roundabout way by moving a character to their own town, but that requires another game and system, and then they'd also be visitors, I guess. I guess you could also technically meet them if your Dream Address changes and you visit your old DA. But none of those are really what you want. Most of those pictures are probably visitors, but like in my signature's case, that's completely made on Photoshop since all 3 of those characters are mine.

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure you can't meet other residents, I mean how could you play as two characters at once? haha

PPP (pwp)
XXX (empty space)
XXX (empty space)
HHH (house)

Is the above possible?

Yep, you can do that!

- - - Post Merge - - -

They are visitors. You will never be able to have a human neighbor that can play at the same time as you.

If i destroy all of the non-hybrid flowers in my town, will it increase my chance of getting hybrids? Thanks!

Last edited:
I quit playing in my town the week before Christmas and now I kind of want to continue where I left off. Surprisingly nobody moved out?
How should I TT to make sure that nobody moves away/have the least impact on my town? Should I just try day by day, or skip a couple of days?

or should I just say screw it all and just go straight to december lol
(ps thank you in advance!!!)

If i destroy all of the non-hybrid flowers in my town, will it increase my chance of getting hybrids? Thanks!

nope, only way to increase chances of hybrids is beautiful ordinance, watering the flowers you want to breed, jacob ladder's next to the plants you want to breed and fertilizer

the only thing i can think of is make sure your non hybrid flowers aren't breeding as this may lead to them breeding more non hybrid flowers i suppose

- - - Post Merge - - -

I quit playing in my town the week before Christmas and now I kind of want to continue where I left off. Surprisingly nobody moved out?
How should I TT to make sure that nobody moves away/have the least impact on my town? Should I just try day by day, or skip a couple of days?

please don't do this without clarification but doesn't tting backwards only count as one day so therefore no one would move out even if you're going months backwards?

i may be wrong however!

please don't do this without clarification but doesn't tting backwards only count as one day so therefore no one would move out even if you're going months backwards?

i may be wrong however!

I'm not sure 8c I'm not as familiar with TTing backwards as i am with going forwards. If TTing back to last year in one go is safe, then that would be great haha.

Last edited:

So you're saying you haven't played since December and loaded your game up to the current date, in May, and didn't lose a villager? If that's the case, you can probably just play normally from here on out, unless you mean that you want to experience December-now.

If you want to experience December to now, you can TT a whole bunch of time backwards and it will only count as 1 day has passed. From there, you can TT 1 day at a time to experience December to now.

i mean it for sure only counts as a day, going a year backwards has the same effect
as going forwards one day

so with that in mind i guess no one would just randomly move out if no one has done so already

edit; hehe a bit late in responding but looks like you can carry on fine~

Last edited:
Back