• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

A question about HHA~

When I get streetpass notifications saying I have company in ACNL (last time was 2/10, I think), I generally assume that means there are x number of new houses in HHA. However, I've noticed that many times the number of houses was less than the number indicated in my 3DS' notifications specifically for ACNL. I had only one new house after I got those notifications. I have some houses on lock, but that shouldn't affect the number of new houses that can enter HHA, right? Is there another explanation for this?

Last edited:
A question about HHA~

When I get streetpass notifications saying I have company in ACNL (last time was 2/10, I think), I generally assume that means there are x number of new houses in HHA. However, I've noticed that many times the number of houses was less than the number indicated in my 3DS' notifications specifically for ACNL. I had only one new house after I got those notifications. I have some houses on lock, but that shouldn't affect the number of new houses that can enter HHA, right? Is there another explanation for this?

I don't know for sure, so don't quote me on this:

I think the Streetpass you get on your plaza for ACNL takes into account everyone who has ACNL time logged into their DS (through the activity log). The HHA streetpass only gets houses if the person you Streetpass has the ACNL cartridge or download on their DS at the time of Streetpassing.

My problem is that I got Renee in my town, but it's literally been a month of me ignoring her and she just won't move out.
I have been scanning around the forums trying to figure out any tips on what I should do to get her to move at this point. ;v;"

My problem is that I got Renee in my town, but it's literally been a month of me ignoring her and she just won't move out.
I have been scanning around the forums trying to figure out any tips on what I should do to get her to move at this point. ;v;"

best not to ignore her, the higher your friendship with her is the faster she will ping you to move:)

You can try this thread if you're up for TTing.

Last edited:
best not to ignore her, the higher your friendship with her is the faster she will ping you to move:)

Thank you for the advice!

- - - Post Merge - - -

You can try this thread if you're up for TTing.

Okay~ But um...what's TTing? ;v; I feel so noobish on these terms despite being with the animal crossing series for years. XD

Okay~ But um...what's TTing? ;v; I feel so noobish on these terms despite being with the animal crossing series for years. XD

TTing is short for time traveling. Time traveling involves manipulating the in-game/system clock to, well, "time travel" in the Animal Crossing world. Say your in-game date is today, May 20th. If you change the clock to say May 31st, then load up the game, the game will register that all those days passed by without you logging on. You'll probably have villagers asking where you've been, there might be weeds, etc. Since all those days passed by, you might have villagers move out or in boxes.

There's pros and cons to time traveling. In this case, you might be able to get your villager out faster (since you'll have a villager asking to move every few minutes in real-time instead of every few days). If you make a mistake, you might end up with a villager you don't want in boxes or completely moved-out, and so and so.

That thread is pretty good and walking you through the method used, so I'd give that a read through if you're interested in trying it. I'd also recommend asking some more questions if you're confused since time traveling is serious business, haha. There's a bunch of weird logistics when it comes to time traveling, like if you time travel back even for 100 years, it counts as 1 day, etc.

Trying to get a perfect town rating (playing since Dec, still haven't gotten it!)

I have 22 PWP and Isabelle still tells me I should spend more time and resources on PWP. Here's the list of what I have:

Zen bell
Zen clock
Zen garden
Metal bench
Yellow bench
Picnic blanket
Illuminated clock
Fountain
Instrument shelter
Street lamp
Water well x2
Flower arch
Custom-design stand
Face cut-out stand
Flower bed x4
Hot spring
Statue fountain
Circle topiary
Tulip topiary
Lighthouse

Trying to get a perfect town rating (playing since Dec, still haven't gotten it!)

I have 22 PWP and Isabelle still tells me I should spend more time and resources on PWP.

This probably going to sound weird, but have you tried chopping down some trees/getting rid of flowers?

Let me explain. So, basically, you hear a lot of people saying things like you need x amount of PWPs and x amount of greenery (includes trees, flowers, bushes, and some PWPs). I haven't found that to be the case. What you really need is a balance between PWPs and greenery. So, if you have a massive amount of trees, you need a massive amount of PWPs. If you have only a few trees, you only need a few PWPs. So in this case, you could add more PWPs, or you could remove some greenery so that it levels out in the end.

I'd recommend checking out this link. It lists what adds/subtracts from which category (regular PWPs vs. greenery/nature). In this case, you have PWPs such as topiaries, which actually add to your greenery count, which, at this point, is not what you need. If you're nervous about chopping down trees, then I'd just save beforehand and reset if needed. Just watch for if Isabelle mentions that you need more greenery, since then you've either done too much or you might just need to add more non-nature PWPs.

This probably going to sound weird, but have you tried chopping down some trees/getting rid of flowers?

Let me explain. So, basically, you hear a lot of people saying things like you need x amount of PWPs and x amount of greenery (includes trees, flowers, bushes, and some PWPs). I haven't found that to be the case. What you really need is a balance between PWPs and greenery. So, if you have a massive amount of trees, you need a massive amount of PWPs. If you have only a few trees, you only need a few PWPs. So in this case, you could add more PWPs, or you could remove some greenery so that it levels out in the end.

I'd recommend checking out this link. It lists what adds/subtracts from which category (regular PWPs vs. greenery/nature). In this case, you have PWPs such as topiaries, which actually add to your greenery count, which, at this point, is not what you need. If you're nervous about chopping down trees, then I'd just save beforehand and reset if needed. Just watch for if Isabelle mentions that you need more greenery, since then you've either done too much or you might just need to add more non-nature PWPs.

Ok, thanks for the input! I don't have a lot of trees (maybe about 40 total) but tons of flowers and mushrooms. I'll get my mule to pick these up and hopefully it'll work. And bushes. Lots of bushes ... :\

EDIT: picked up all the flowers and mushrooms that aren't part of my lanscaping that are just extra .... didn't work :( I guess it's more PWP for me!

Last edited:
TTing is short for time traveling. Time traveling involves manipulating the in-game/system clock to, well, "time travel" in the Animal Crossing world. Say your in-game date is today, May 20th. If you change the clock to say May 31st, then load up the game, the game will register that all those days passed by without you logging on. You'll probably have villagers asking where you've been, there might be weeds, etc. Since all those days passed by, you might have villagers move out or in boxes.

There's pros and cons to time traveling. In this case, you might be able to get your villager out faster (since you'll have a villager asking to move every few minutes in real-time instead of every few days). If you make a mistake, you might end up with a villager you don't want in boxes or completely moved-out, and so and so.

That thread is pretty good and walking you through the method used, so I'd give that a read through if you're interested in trying it. I'd also recommend asking some more questions if you're confused since time traveling is serious business, haha. There's a bunch of weird logistics when it comes to time traveling, like if you time travel back even for 100 years, it counts as 1 day, etc.

Oooooh! Okay! Hahaha So many abbreviations I haven't heard! XD
I understand now! Thank you for the help. :)
I apologize for sounding kinda dumb with that question! ;v;"

Oooooh! Okay! Hahaha So many abbreviations I haven't heard! XD
I understand now! Thank you for the help. :)
I apologize for sounding kinda dumb with that question! ;v;"

No worries! Again, if you need more help, don't hesitate to ask.

And no! You don't have to apologize at all. It certainly wasn't a silly question. It's not like every one of us jumped into the franchise knowing about time traveling!

If you want a shrub next to a tree, you have to grow the shrub first, then the tree, right? Otherwise the shrub will either next to the tree?

Is it the same with a shrub next to bamboo? Or can you grow a shrub next to fully grown bamboo? Thanks in advance!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have 22 PWP and Isabelle still tells me I should spend more time and resources on PWP. Here's the list of what I have:

Zen bell
Zen clock
Zen garden
Metal bench
Yellow bench
Picnic blanket
Illuminated clock
Fountain
Instrument shelter
Street lamp
Water well x2
Flower arch
Custom-design stand
Face cut-out stand
Flower bed x4
Hot spring
Statue fountain
Circle topiary
Tulip topiary
Lighthouse

have you built the police station, the cafe, or the campsite? I think they're considered major PWPs, and possibly count more towards a perfect town - i think they seemed to help in both of my towns! In my current town i think i have around 15 PWPs maybe, and I'm pretty sure some of those have been built since i first obtained perfect town status, but i have the cafe, campsite, and police station. Other than that the only think i can think of is maybe the spacing the PWPs makes a difference - do you have any large areas that have none, are a lot of them clustered near each other?

good luck getting a perfect town! :)

@IndiaHawker: nope, you don't have to grow the shrub first. it doesn't matter if you plant the tree or shrub first, as long as there isn't 12 in a row (or a dead spot), both will grow.

Same goes for bamboo, you can plant the shrubs or bamboo first, it doesn't matter.

If you want a shrub next to a tree, you have to grow the shrub first, then the tree, right? Otherwise the shrub will either next to the tree?

Is it the same with a shrub next to bamboo? Or can you grow a shrub next to fully grown bamboo? Thanks in advance!

- - - Post Merge - - -

have you built the police station, the cafe, or the campsite? I think they're considered major PWPs, and possibly count more towards a perfect town - i think they seemed to help in both of my towns! In my current town i think i have around 15 PWPs maybe, and I'm pretty sure some of those have been built since i first obtained perfect town status, but i have the cafe, campsite, and police station. Other than that the only think i can think of is maybe the spacing the PWPs makes a difference - do you have any large areas that have none, are a lot of them clustered near each other?

good luck getting a perfect town! :)

Thank you for wishing me luck!

I didn't know the cafe, police station, and campsite count towards the perfect town rating. I thought it was just PWP that can be demolished! I do have them built :)

I do have one corner that doesn't have anything in it. I don't have the PWPs that I want for the space yet (bus stop and trellis!) so I haven't built anything there yet. I'll build a geyser there for now and see if it works, thank you!

Sorry if this has been asked before (tried searching, found conflicting answers), but I have a small question regarding villagers visiting your main street. I know that voided villagers will visit eventually, but what about villagers you've given to other people? Will they still visit?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry if this has been asked before (tried searching, found conflicting answers), but I have a small question regarding villagers visiting your main street. I know that voided villagers will visit eventually, but what about villagers you've given to other people? Will they still visit?

Thanks in advance!
Yes, they will, just like the voided ones.

Thank you for wishing me luck!

I didn't know the cafe, police station, and campsite count towards the perfect town rating. I thought it was just PWP that can be demolished! I do have them built :)

I do have one corner that doesn't have anything in it. I don't have the PWPs that I want for the space yet (bus stop and trellis!) so I haven't built anything there yet. I'll build a geyser there for now and see if it works, thank you!

Oh i could be wrong, i just assumed they counted as they seemed to help in my town! Okay good luck, hopefully that will fix it :)

Zen bell
Zen clock
Zen garden
Metal bench
Yellow bench
Picnic blanket
Illuminated clock
Fountain
Instrument shelter
Street lamp
Water well x2
Flower arch