• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

They can only wear shirts. Literally tanks, but if you send them a shirt or tee, they will wear them sleeveless. Even the sheep wear shirts as a scarf.

Thanks! I keep spamming one of my villagers with shirts but he seems to wear some sort of tunic and won't wear the one I want him to wear, which is why I was wondering.

After a villager decides to wear a design in the Able Sisters, would I be able to remove the design from Able Sisters, have them still wear that design, and never send them any shirts, etc, and they will stay in it forever, or will they eventually change?

They will eventually change, but I did just that and Bree has been in the shirt for a long time now. I actually wish she would change out of it (I know I can get Isabelle to make her) since it's this, haha:

Dan.png

After a villager decides to wear a design in the Able Sisters, would I be able to remove the design from Able Sisters, have them still wear that design, and never send them any shirts, etc, and they will stay in it forever, or will they eventually change?
You can remove the designs from Able Sisters and they'll keep wearing it. However, there's no guarantee they'll stay in it forever because villagers tend to copy eachother's clothes, and they can also send eachother clothes.

^ Which also means they can spread the plague if you hate that design.

You could always get Isabelle to reset them or just spam them with clothes you do want them to wear. I think if you replace all the Able Sisters designs with custom ones if that's what they should be wearing, they're more likely to buy and wear them.

Ok, question: what happens if you don't deliver a gift and let that day pass? Will your friendship with the villagers decrease? Will they even know? It's a really ugly gift that I don't want in that villager's home but I don't want to stop being friends with both of them.

Can anyone offer me some hybrid breeding tips? I am trying to make blue roses, so I have made two red roses from an orange and purple rose. Whenever I water these two red roses I am getting black roses instead of blue. What have I done wrong here? Was there something wrong with my orange and purple roses originally (not 'pure' or something) and should I start over from making the orange and purple roses again, and if so which plants should I start with? I also have one blue rose that was given to me, so I can use one blue rose somewhere if it would help. :p Thanks to anyone who can help! :)

Hello! I invited someone from my campsite to move in, but since I am just trying to cycle out 16 villagers, I want him out. Does the thing where you only introduce yourself, then ignore him work, even if you invited him via campsite? Thank you! :)

For my Museum 2nd Floor, after donating 20 items + one in every category, for talking to Blathers for 14 days, can I go back and forth between two days and talk to him for the 14 days, or does it have to be a different date? I don't want to mess up my Town History by Time Traveling, and I need the Cafe before I can do anything, so...

Ok, question: what happens if you don't deliver a gift and let that day pass? Will your friendship with the villagers decrease? Will they even know? It's a really ugly gift that I don't want in that villager's home but I don't want to stop being friends with both of them.
The package the next day will say "What is this?", and your only option is to open it. If you still have the package unopened in your pocket, and talk to the villager that wanted you to deliver it, they will either be sad or mad and taken it off your hands. Slightly decrease friendship level. However the villager that the package needed to be delivered to, will never know and won't think anything of it, even if the package is now "What is this?".

It's only the villager who wants you to deliver it that has a friendship decrease if they see it undelivered the next day. You gain more friendship if you deliver it to the villager and tell them. The villager receiving the package can only get a friendship increase in this situation, delivering it and friendship increases, not delivering it they will never know.

- - - Post Merge - - -

For my Museum 2nd Floor, after donating 20 items + one in every category, for talking to Blathers for 14 days, can I go back and forth between two days and talk to him for the 14 days, or does it have to be a different date? I don't want to mess up my Town History by Time Traveling, and I need the Cafe before I can do anything, so...
Should be fine I think, it won't forget you donated them, didn't mess up my tree's memory data when I was going back in forth with villagers moving in.

Hello! I invited someone from my campsite to move in, but since I am just trying to cycle out 16 villagers, I want him out. Does the thing where you only introduce yourself, then ignore him work, even if you invited him via campsite? Thank you! :)

I don't think it worked. ):

Can anyone offer me some hybrid breeding tips? I am trying to make blue roses, so I have made two red roses from an orange and purple rose. Whenever I water these two red roses I am getting black roses instead of blue. What have I done wrong here? Was there something wrong with my orange and purple roses originally (not 'pure' or something) and should I start over from making the orange and purple roses again, and if so which plants should I start with? I also have one blue rose that was given to me, so I can use one blue rose somewhere if it would help. :p Thanks to anyone who can help! :)

I assume your red roses are hybrids created from orange and purple roses, and not "pure" red. I think whether your red roses are hybrids is determined by the genetics of the parents as well. You could start over from making orange and purple, though you can use hybrid reds from orange and white roses or hybrid reds from red and purple.

Then you can make blues by combining two hybrid reds, orange and hybrid reds, or two blues.

In addition to trying to get "new" parents that may be more "pure" (I don't know how you made yours so I can't tell how good they are for this purpose) you could also just keep trying and use as many different combinations as possible. If you Google it you'll find guides on the flower genetics and how it's passed on. Sometimes combinations don't work out because they pass down different genes that result in another flower that isn't the one you want.

The package the next day will say "What is this?", and your only option is to open it. If you still have the package unopened in your pocket, and talk to the villager that wanted you to deliver it, they will either be sad or mad and taken it off your hands. Slightly decrease friendship level. However the villager that the package needed to be delivered to, will never know and won't think anything of it, even if the package is now "What is this?".

It's only the villager who wants you to deliver it that has a friendship decrease if they see it undelivered the next day. You gain more friendship if you deliver it to the villager and tell them. The villager receiving the package can only get a friendship increase in this situation, delivering it and friendship increases, not delivering it they will never know.

Thanks!

I just checked my activity log and I have 540+ hours, but I only have the silver Village Leader badge. Wot's ... uh the deal?

I just checked my activity log and I have 540+ hours, but I only have the silver Village Leader badge. Wot's ... uh the deal?
Sounds about right, I didn't get my gold badge until I was close to 800 hours I think, the activity log counts play time differently from the game. Only time spent on your mayor (or whichever character) will count towards the badge. Whereas the activity log counts every minute the game is open, including time spent on other characters, time spent playing that you didn't save, time spent idling on the title screen, etc., it adds up.

Last edited:
If two villagers are talking and one of them walks away looking sad and refusing to talk, what does that mean? Does it mean the other village was rude to them?

Back