• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

I'm sure I already know the answer to this, but does backwards TT count as a day passing still?

I've got some things I really want to get done that require a few days passing, but I hate for my game date to not match the real date, so I would like to return to the current day in the end. So could I do this by just moving like a week forward, one day at a time, then moving back, also one day at a time? Will traveling backwards in any way reverse or deteriorate progress that's made?

Also, if I do this, I want to do the Beautiful Town ordinance. If I put it into effect today, then TT to tomorrow, it will be in effect from then on, even backwards, correct?

TTing backwards count as a day passing. Actually, no matter how many dates you go backwards in time, it's always counted as one day passing. For example, if you TT from now all the way to December 2013, it's still counted as going one day "forward."

So what you could do is time travel one day at a time for a week, and then make sure everything is set to go on the end of the week, and then go right back to today. It won't reverse progress because the game doesn't count in dates, per say. It counts in the days passed (which always goes forward and not backward). If you're not confident in this, you could always just start up a new character when you return to the current day to make sure that no one has moved out/etc. (you could also do this every day if you're really nervous; it just takes a little extra time).

Your ordinance should be fine, but just as a heads up, it takes a day for the ordinance to be enacted, so I believe that tomorrow will still have wilted flowers, and any wilted flowers today will die if not watered.

I have a question. I missed the day my mayor has her birthday, which is also mine. I haven't played for 5 days prior to that. I tt'd back to the day to get my birthday gift, but when I loaded up my mayor, it just showed my mayor exiting the house with nobody to greet her about coming with them. (Basically, it loaded up like a regular day)

Is this is glitch or anything? I'd like to know why no villagers have sent me to their house. I have villagers with a good friendship level, as some have stayed with me for a long time and I always told them no when they asked to leave. The villagers themselves however know that it's my birthday because I talk to them and they do say happy birthday.

Is there anything I could have done to fix this problem? Is it even a glitch or is it just something else? I'm so sad that they didn't say happy birthday to me... :(

I have a question. I missed the day my mayor has her birthday, which is also mine. I haven't played for 5 days prior to that. I tt'd back to the day to get my birthday gift, but when I loaded up my mayor, it just showed my mayor exiting the house with nobody to greet her about coming with them. (Basically, it loaded up like a regular day)

Is this is glitch or anything? I'd like to know why no villagers have sent me to their house. I have villagers with a good friendship level, as some have stayed with me for a long time and I always told them no when they asked to leave. The villagers themselves however know that it's my birthday because I talk to them and they do say happy birthday.

Is there anything I could have done to fix this problem? Is it even a glitch or is it just something else? I'm so sad that they didn't say happy birthday to me... :(

First of all happy late birthday! Secondly, I may not be the right one to answer this but I don't think villagers do much for others birthdays. (They didn't do anything for mine) They may not o anything, unless they are best friends or something...... Actually, I just researched and it said villagers with medium to high friendships do a birthday party for you.... I'm not sure what happened, it might be a glitch though. :) (The link; http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/your-birthday/)

Good Luck!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have a question.... I'm a bit confused on public work projects....

So, I really want to get perfect town, and I reset a few days ago. Lately I have seen many towns with public work projects like the illumination items, tire play items, picnic sheets, etc, yet these towns jacobs ladders and things that demonstrate they have a perfect town rating. I am confused because technically those items are bad and don't allow to get a perfect town rating. I, too like those items and want them in my town, but I am worried that if I add them I won't get the rating needed. (Let aside the flowers and trees part) Is it possible to still get the rating if you add something (such as a picnic sheet) and then add something "good" (Such as a log bench) ?

Thanks!

TTing backwards count as a day passing. Actually, no matter how many dates you go backwards in time, it's always counted as one day passing. For example, if you TT from now all the way to December 2013, it's still counted as going one day "forward."

So what you could do is time travel one day at a time for a week, and then make sure everything is set to go on the end of the week, and then go right back to today. It won't reverse progress because the game doesn't count in dates, per say. It counts in the days passed (which always goes forward and not backward). If you're not confident in this, you could always just start up a new character when you return to the current day to make sure that no one has moved out/etc. (you could also do this every day if you're really nervous; it just takes a little extra time).

Your ordinance should be fine, but just as a heads up, it takes a day for the ordinance to be enacted, so I believe that tomorrow will still have wilted flowers, and any wilted flowers today will die if not watered.

Alright, thanks! I feel a bit more relieved now.

I do have one more question about TT. One of my villagers is moving away in a few days, and I'd like to give him away here. I know that I can TT to his box day and have someone come fetch him then, but what will happy if I TT after the other player has convinced him to go to their town? Like, if I jump to the day where he's gone, but they wait for him to move in real-time, will it affect the transfer? Will they still get the villager so long as he agreed? I want to get rid of him but I don't want to screw anyone over accidentally ;;

If, say, I had a villager moving in tomorrow, but I wanted to tt to do some other stuff, I would end up with the villager moving anywhere. But if I want to do the reset trick today, how would I tt so that I can still decide where my villager ends up moving?

Would i be able to tt to 5:55 or so, save, come back a little after six and make a new character to do the trick?

Alright, thanks! I feel a bit more relieved now.

I do have one more question about TT. One of my villagers is moving away in a few days, and I'd like to give him away here. I know that I can TT to his box day and have someone come fetch him then, but what will happy if I TT after the other player has convinced him to go to their town? Like, if I jump to the day where he's gone, but they wait for him to move in real-time, will it affect the transfer? Will they still get the villager so long as he agreed? I want to get rid of him but I don't want to screw anyone over accidentally ;;

No worries! As long as you're careful about it, watch what your villagers are saying/doing, and make sure that you're time traveling only a day or so, you should be fine. And again, you have a fail-safe in the form of creating new characters everyday if you really want to be cautious.

You can safely time travel after someone else has adopted the villager! What you should do is after the villager is adopted and the session is ended, check the house of the villager. If you try to open the door, a little pop-up should say, "Moved out." As long as that sign is there, that means that the adoption succeeded, the villager is set to move to the other player's town, and no one else can even go into the house to speak to the villager even if they wanted to. I'd suggest confirming that with the other player so that they're on the same page, and then you're free to time travel on.

If, say, I had a villager moving in tomorrow, but I wanted to tt to do some other stuff, I would end up with the villager moving anywhere. But if I want to do the reset trick today, how would I tt so that I can still decide where my villager ends up moving?

Would i be able to tt to 5:55 or so, save, come back a little after six and make a new character to do the trick?

You could do that, but I don't even think that you need to time travel to 5:55 and wait. As long as you use the 3DS system clock, you can just time travel to anytime after 6 a.m. tomorrow and just make sure that you start a new character and not load up an existing one.

So, I really want to get perfect town, and I reset a few days ago. Lately I have seen many towns with public work projects like the illumination items, tire play items, picnic sheets, etc, yet these towns jacobs ladders and things that demonstrate they have a perfect town rating. I am confused because technically those items are bad and don't allow to get a perfect town rating. I, too like those items and want them in my town, but I am worried that if I add them I won't get the rating needed. (Let aside the flowers and trees part) Is it possible to still get the rating if you add something (such as a picnic sheet) and then add something "good" (Such as a log bench) ?

Thanks!

I'm not positive on this, but you should be able to get Perfect Town with those PWPs as long as you balance things out. I'm not sure how difficult it will be, though. I'd recommend looking here to see which "bad" projects can be balanced with which "good" projects since each project contributes to a different aspect of the rating.

That being said, lots of those towns who have Perfect Town things may have gotten things like the Flower Clock ages ago and then decided to remodel their town with stuff that's bad for the rating. Same with the Jacob's Ladders (and you can also buy those here). So you may have better luck trying to get Perfect Town, and then just remodeling your town with PWPs you actually want.

Last edited:
Since we are talking about TTing, does travelling backwards a few hours within the same day still count as TTing "a day" backwards"?

Thanks to everyone who responded to my previous question.

Since we are talking about TTing, does travelling backwards a few hours within the same day still count as TTing "a day" backwards"?

Thanks to everyone who responded to my previous question.

Traveling backwards a few hours in the same day doesn't count as a day. Well, most of the time, at any rate. As long as you don't pass 6 a.m., you are still in the same in-game day. If you time travel from June 23rd 1 a.m. to June 22nd 11 p.m., even though you're technically going through dates, it doesn't count as a day passed. If you go from June 23rd 8 a.m. to June 23rd 5 a.m., that's still a few hours, but it's counted as a day passed since you go past 6 a.m.

Time traveling back even a minute can cause turnips to die, though, from what I know. Otherwise, you can time travel backwards and forwards on the same day with basically no other consequences.

Traveling backwards a few hours in the same day doesn't count as a day. Well, most of the time, at any rate. As long as you don't pass 6 a.m., you are still in the same in-game day. If you time travel from June 23rd 1 a.m. to June 22nd 11 p.m., even though you're technically going through dates, it doesn't count as a day passed. If you go from June 23rd 8 a.m. to June 23rd 5 a.m., that's still a few hours, but it's counted as a day passed since you go past 6 a.m.

Time traveling back even a minute can cause turnips to die, though, from what I know. Otherwise, you can time travel backwards and forwards on the same day with basically no other consequences.

Just what I needed to know, thank you! Forgot to clarify that I knew 6am denoted the "day has passed" mark. XD Cheers!

If I remodel the town hall, can I switch to one of the other styles later on?

If I remodel the town hall, can I switch to one of the other styles later on?

Yes, you can change it later on if you feel one of the other designs is better. It still requires bells though to change it.

Hello!
I have a question about Rumors!
Kabuki told me (2days ago) that Bob wa thinking about leaving!
I have been time travelling for each day (I wanted to do the Jacobs Ladder trick) but I also make sure talk to my villager daily (in game)

Bob hasn't pinged me yet, and everytime I talk to him (3-4 times) he hasn't mentionned about moving yet!

I am a little cared to travel more :I I wouldn't want him to go into boxes

Hello!
I have been time travelling for each day (I wanted to do the Jacobs Ladder trick) but I also make sure talk to my villager daily (in game)

Bob hasn't pinged me yet, and everytime I talk to him (3-4 times) he hasn't mentionned about moving yet!

Talking to villagers directly won't bring up moving prompts. They have to ping you first, and then only after that will they start to talk about it when you go up and talk to them directly.

Save and quit and start up your file again, and then walk in front of him. He should ping then. If not, keep saving and quitting until it works.

Last edited:
Hello!

Here's what you do:

1. Save and quit your game
2. Load up your file again
3. Walk straight to Bob, without encountering any other villagers
4. He should ping you about moving

Hi! Can you send Katie to the same town twice? Is there any negatives to that?
Yes, you can! I used to send Katie to my brother's town all the time.

As far as I know it's no different from sending her to different towns. I've received a reward every time. :)

Last edited:
Axel just movedin and he said from another town (it was in kanji so I cannot type it) but, I have never talked to Axel before. I've only been to two Japanese named towns, but never talked to him. So they can still move if you don't talk to them?

Axel just movedin and he said from another town (it was in kanji so I cannot type it) but, I have never talked to Axel before. I've only been to two Japanese named towns, but never talked to him. So they can still move if you don't talk to them?
Yes as long as you visit their town when you less then 10 villagers in your town. It can be annoying sometimes.

Back