• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask Delphine what the meaning of life is

do you like Trisha Paytas?

I had to Google her name because I had no idea who she was. Her Wikipedia page states that she is 'actress, author, businesswoman, entertainer, performer, plus-size model, and YouTube personality'. All of that at once. So I checked her YT: she says stupid things with a stupid accent and a stupid voice. She only talks about her boobs... and she is the definition of vulgar.

So from what I've seen, I don't like her.

Last edited:
Hey Delphine do you speak french?
If so could you tell me when to use futur simple?

Last edited:
Hey Delphine do you speak french?
If so could you tell me when to use futur simple?

?videmment !
Well whenever you want to talk about something that will happen in the future, you can use the futur simple.
For instance: demain, j'irai acheter des pommes, ensuite j'irai voir un film et comme je serai fatigu?e, je me coucherai t?t (tomorrow I'll go buy some apples, then I'll go see a movie and since I'll be tired I'll go to bed early), sorry for the lame sentence lol.
Just use it the same way you would use 'will'.
Not sure that helped a lot but if you're unsure about a sentence or a text you can always ask me if it's correct or of it sounds funny :)

Last edited:
Have you ever been through an apple orchard?

(New word learnt: orchard. Thanks!)

No, never, although there are lots of apples orchards in Normandy. Since I've never been to Normandy, I've never been in any apple orchard. I did cross a corn field once.

I just noticed my iPhone is so self-centered it just put a capital 'a' to 'Apple' before I changed it.

?videmment !
Well whenever you want to talk about something that will happen in the future, you can use the futur simple.
For instance: demain, j'irai acheter des pommes, ensuite j'irai voir un film et comme je serai fatigu?e, je me coucherai t?t (tomorrow I'll go buy some apples, then I'll go see a movie and since I'll be tired I'll go to bed early), sorry for the lame sentence lol.
Just use it the same way you would use 'will'.
Not sure that helped a lot but if you're unsure about a sentence or a text you can always ask me if it's correct or of it sounds funny :)
Thanks for the help! :)

(New word learnt: orchard. Thanks!)

No, never, although there are lots of apples orchards in Normandy. Since I've never been to Normandy, I've never been in any apple orchard. I did cross a corn field once.

I just noticed my iPhone is so self-centered it just put a capital 'a' to 'Apple' before I changed it.
My cousins brought me to an apple orchard when I was a child. Believe it was a few hours drive. I still remember the experience, and believe I discovered the golden delicious apples that day, a variety that remains one of my favorites. Closer to home are a bunch of orange groves. Even all the development taking place in the last decade has failed to wipe out all the orange orchards, which after all were responsible for the growth of the city I live in, and all the surrounding cities. Even the street signs and names indicate a history intrinsically tied to citrus.

Ahem.

That said, have you visited any other orchard recently, or have any orchards near home that are awe-inspiring in how much acreage they take up?

My cousins brought me to an apple orchard when I was a child. Believe it was a few hours drive. I still remember the experience, and believe I discovered the golden delicious apples that day, a variety that remains one of my favorites. Closer to home are a bunch of orange groves. Even all the development taking place in the last decade has failed to wipe out all the orange orchards, which after all were responsible for the growth of the city I live in, and all the surrounding cities. Even the street signs and names indicate a history intrinsically tied to citrus.

Ahem.

That said, have you visited any other orchard recently, or have any orchards near home that are awe-inspiring in how much acreage they take up?

Nature always wins in a way, hehe. That sounds like a wonderful memory! Unfortunately, there are not orchards anywhere near Paris, we have lots of green zones inside the city though. A couple weeks ago I was in the countryside and my father and I went to pick some blueberries in the field accross the street. We do that every year and we talk about politics at the same time, we always have a good time. No quite as awesome as going to an apple orchard but heh. Still nice.

Last edited:
have you ever beat someone to death with a flump? (its this giant marshmellow) so you can use critical hit!

Last edited:
have you ever beat someone to death with a flump? (its this giant marshmellow) so you can use critical hit!"

I always get critical hits. No need to use a flump.

(wtf is that question though? it made me laugh to imagine the scene but still, wtf)

Nature always wins in a way, hehe. That sounds like a wonderful memory! Unfortunately, they are not orchards anywhere near Paris, we have lots of green zones inside the city though. A couple weeks ago I was in the countryside and my father and I went to pick some blueberries in the field accross the street. We do that every year and we talk about politics at the same time, we always have a good time. No quite as awesome as going to an apple orchard but heh. Still nice.
That sounds awesome, and made me smile. Thanks for sharing.

I decided to bump this thread with a French rap song I like, which is called 'Suicide Social' (translation seems pointless here), written and performed by Orelsan. I found a translation of the lyrics here, which is okay in my opinion, and although I do not agree on several parts, it is still understandable.

What are your thought's on racism and how do you think we can get rid of it? I have my own motive on how to get rid of it.

What are your thoughts on how issues of race are talked about or 'dealt' with in France, maybe in comparison to other countries?

Back