• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Bad Experiences on Club Tormtimer

Man... now I suddenly regret getting that club Tortimer pass and now I don't think I'm ever gonna go to Club Tortimer. :(

This is where it gets a bit scary. What if a kid didn't know better (though that is something you should know at a young age) and gave that info to them? Would the person call and harass them or maybe even stalk them? All because they got their info on an animal crossing game? Have to be careful with people like that =o I'm 20 years old and still get creeped out by people like that lol.

Kapp'n himself says not to give out any personal information to people. Also, there are parental controls on the 3DS that restricts these features altogether. However, I don't really like the fact that your birthday, state and the like is shown. I would have liked that they allowed you to hide certain information and even replace your name with a nickname or something.

Man... now I suddenly regret getting that club Tortimer pass and now I don't think I'm ever gonna go to Club Tortimer. :(

Yeah, Club Tortimer is a very flawwed feature. I hope they improve upon it in future animal crossing titles. I wouldn't be surprised if they took the feature out of the next game completely.

Untitled.jpg

Doesn't sound like they were holding you hostage. I find that kind of cute actually just learn to ignore them and then they will give up.

To be honest, I'm more worried about ending up as someone's 'bad experience.' Which is why I've never gone to the island with other players yet. My internet connection isn't very reliable and so I am absolutely worried that something will go wrong and I'll accidentally trap someone by getting stuck talking, and then they'll have to reset, then they'll post up on how I'm a terrible person who traps people on the island.

reminds me of a girl who was visiting her sick grandfather and forgot about club tortimer and people posted her card and info and everything saying she was a scammer

i troll the trolls. :D
If someone arrives and starts chopping trees and bushes, I borrow an axe and start joining in. They get confused and leave.

- - - Post Merge - - -

reminds me of a girl who was visiting her sick grandfather and forgot about club tortimer and people posted her card and info and everything saying she was a scammer

If someone was on club tortimer and took their 3ds somewhere with them, she/he would get an error message and disconnect, same applies with the other people on the island. Same with bad internet connection.
I remember there was a girl on tumblr who got accused of trolling because she stayed at the counter with Leilani. Her rebuttal was that her internet connection went out, and everyone ate it up and started sending hate to person who made the post about her. Her excuse was obvious BS because she would've been disconnected from CT, and the other person on the island would've been sent back home.

To be honest, I'm more worried about ending up as someone's 'bad experience.' Which is why I've never gone to the island with other players yet. My internet connection isn't very reliable and so I am absolutely worried that something will go wrong and I'll accidentally trap someone by getting stuck talking

Disconnection throws every single player out of the island, you can't really trap anyone by accident. Well, unless you're just talking to Leilani, start a tour, or open your menu and then leave the game because you need to be somewhere else. But I'm not sure is that counted as an accident...

Whenever I get the error screen, I'm not sure was it my connection or the other player's. My connection is usually reliable, but then there are those days when it's not.

Last edited:
what i would do if someone started trolling me is right dirty fanfiction until they get creeped out and leave.

I've had some odd and funny encounters. i never go to the island to get money so I don't care when scammers come in cause I can just flip the wi-fi switch with nothing to lose :D Anyway, here are my experiences so far:

1) I've been 'held hostage' before. He started a tour then kept demanding money from me. After a while of him gloating, I just said "I can go whenever I want to" to which he said "LOL, try" so I said "I can just flip the switch you idiot" and he went all quiet xD So I flipped it anyway.

2) I was on the island with a guy and we were just fishing/swimming, not chatting much but it was all fine. Then this girl arrives and starts harassing him and basically begging sex. She kept saying things like "I want you to... (enter explicit message with a lot of stars)" When he ignored her, she started on me, asking if I was a lesbian. We both ignored her and she soon got bored and left, but we both laughed after she'd gone.

3) Yesterday a girl came in claiming to be 12 years old and pregnant after being raped by 3 guys last year. At first I was trying to be sympathetic but her story fell apart as I asked more questions and she kept contradicting herself. In the end it was clear she was lying for attention and she left.

4) I've had people come in, cut down all the trees, then leave. No idea...

So, that's my experiences so far :)

I have so far only encountered Japanese players that do not speak a word English >.<
Especially frustrating is when they start talking to me and when I ask if they can speak English they just keep talking Japanese.
Or in some cases they say hello, and then switch back to speaking Japanese again.

I really don't get those people lol.

Last edited:
The only 'bad' things I've had are people cutting down all the trees and stuff. Oh, and this happened yesterday...

I went to the island at night, to my own country, and there was a girl there. I was being nice and I said her outfit was cool and she was just kinda blunt. She was wearing a hotdog outfit or something. And then she started attempting to scare off my bugs, so I did the same to her and she was kinda just like "lol" so I was like what and she was like "?" and so I just bashed my keyboard thingy until it looked like I was possessed and she was kinda just like "lol" again so I was like...ok. And then she was like "tour?" so I was like fine and then we both sat down and I knew what she was doing, so I just picked a tour I liked, and waited. She got up, sat back down, and as soon as I sat down she walked away. I knew what she was doing anyway. I just wanted to get away from her.

I have so far only encountered Japanese players that do not speak a word English >.<
Especially frustrating is when they start talking to me and when I ask if they can speak English they just keep talking Japanese.
Or in some cases they say hello, and then switch back to speaking Japanese again.

I really don't get those people lol.

I don't get why people, whose native langauge is English, expect everyone else to speak English as well. Japanese people often can't speak English very well. For them, it's a hard language to learn.

If I meet people who can't speak English, German or French I just tend to communicate with them over the emoticons xD

Last edited:
I don't get why people, whose native langauge is English, expect everyone else to speak English as well. Japanese people often can't speak English very well. For them, it's a hard language to learn.

If I meet people who can't speak English, German or French I just tend to communicate with them over the emoticons xD

It's just that when going international it would be nice if I would actually be able to understand other people =)
I don't expect anyone whose native language isn't English to learn the language, but it would be great if there was an option allowing players to communicate with only the people that speak the same language(s), and not just restricting people to their own country.
That being said, I guess emoticons are also a possibility lol.
Unfortunately I only have like 10 of them though >.<

It's just that when going international it would be nice if I would actually be able to understand other people =)
I don't expect anyone whose native language isn't English to learn the language, but it would be great if there was an option allowing players to communicate with only the people that speak the same language(s), and not just restricting people to their own country.
That being said, I guess emoticons are also a possibility lol.
Unfortunately I only have like 10 of them though >.<

How is the game supposed to know who speaks what language? Except if you have the game translated, I guess.....but the whole point of going on the international island is to play with people from all over, stay in your own continent if you don't want to encounter people you don't understand lol -_-

How is the game supposed to know who speaks what language? Except if you have the game translated, I guess.....but the whole point of going on the international island is to play with people from all over, stay in your own continent if you don't want to encounter people you don't understand lol -_-

They could give you a list where you can select what language(s) you speak and connect you to people based on that list.
Also, I like to talk to people that live in different continents, and I just encountered someone who spoke English from France, which was (to me at least) more enjoyable than playing with someone I can't understand.

Also, people that cannot speak an universal language should stick to their own country rather than people that do speak an universal language in my opinion (I live in Europe, I cannot understand most people that live in this continent when they don't speak English lol).
Unless of course there are almost no other players that play AC; NL in their country, that is.

Last edited:
When I usually encounter Japanese players most of them don't speak English and when I speak Japanese to them, they are "WAAAIT WHAAAAT? " but it's not only their fault, I'm the same when I see a Japanese person speaking English. XD Happened today, we played games comunicated in broken English and Japanese.

But I don't really get my people com at club tortimer for fishing and bugs. I mean you can do that on your island too and for the ones that want to do tours ( meeee) they don't want or trick me to do it alone. :c

But I don't really get my people com at club tortimer for fishing and bugs.

Probably to make money without having to wait until it's 7 P.M.
It's not very efficient to have two beetle farmers on one island though lol :p

Back