• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Basement Dwellers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really a ghost story, but a scary story. When I was younger I lived in a neighborhood where there was a guy who wore a pumpkin head around Halloween every year. I remember one time he was sitting at the top of some steps and my sister and I went to go and try and talk to him, and when I finally made it to the top steps he said, “Boo!” I got so scared I fell down the steps and hurt myself. There was another time when my sister and her friend went to knock on the door of the house he lived in, and he opened the door and had a real chainsaw going. Pretty sure it was just someone that liked to prank people, but sometimes they really took things too far... and when we asked him to take the pumpkin head off, he tried and he couldn’t. :eek:
I...
wow.
On the one hand young-me would be absolutely terrified of that guy, but on the other hand - if this is just a dude who gets really into Halloween pranks - adult-me is thinking this man is a legend. The chainsaw is maybe a bit much, though.

Did he react at all when you hurt yourself from the fall? Like, did he try to help or anything?

@FrogslimeOfficial - this is the kind of spooky stuff I like hearing about - what you said about the thing crawling under your bed gave me chills. And the drawer opening - I've had a similar thing happen except it was the sound of a cup getting dragged along my kitchen counter - it was so clear but I was the only person in the house. I went to check it out and there was a cup there, but it was one I'd left out earlier - and I couldn't tell whether it had moved or not because I wasn't sure of it's original position when I first left it.

I...
wow.
On the one hand young-me would be absolutely terrified of that guy, but on the other hand - if this is just a dude who gets really into Halloween pranks - adult-me is thinking this man is a legend. The chainsaw is maybe a bit much, though.

Did he react at all when you hurt yourself from the fall? Like, did he try to help or anything?

Nah, he just sat back down in his chair and remained motionless as before.

Reactions: 0ni
Nah, he just sat back down in his chair and remained motionless as before.
Ok, not a legend then because that's a bit mean. As committed as you can get to a bit, if a kid falls down some stairs in front of you then you gotta break character and help.

I've had a similar thing happen except it was the sound of a cup getting dragged along my kitchen counter - it was so clear but I was the only person in the house. I went to check it out and there was a cup there, but it was one I'd left out earlier - and I couldn't tell whether it had moved or not because I wasn't sure of it's original position when I first left it.
this is why I don’t stay home alone

oh wait actually i have another story
okay basically I was home alone (i think i was 15 or 16) and i was just chilling, you know, watching tv or whatever. and i hear the doorbell ring. and i’m like “oh no“ because 1. i hate social interaction irl and 2. what if it’s a serial killer
so i think i picked up a sharp pencil or something because that’s gonna help me defend myself and walked over to the door, literally no one was there 🤷🏻‍♀️ i think 3 possible things could have happened. 1. someone was actually there and needed something but i took too long so they left 2. i got ding dong ditched or 3. ghosts

• Love
this is why I don’t stay home alone

oh wait actually i have another story
okay basically I was home alone (i think i was 15 or 16) and i was just chilling, you know, watching tv or whatever. and i hear the doorbell ring. and i’m like “oh no“ because 1. i hate social interaction irl and 2. what if it’s a serial killer
so i think i picked up a sharp pencil or something because that’s gonna help me defend myself and walked over to the door, literally no one was there 🤷🏻‍♀️ i think 3 possible things could have happened. 1. someone was actually there and needed something but i took too long so they left 2. i got ding dong ditched or 3. ghosts
It was most definitely 3, and you taking the pencil was the best choice as ghosts are scared of stationery.

I don't really have any ghosts stories, though. The closest one I have was clearly just my mom's fault.

@FrogslimeOfficial - this is the kind of spooky stuff I like hearing about - what you said about the thing crawling under your bed gave me chills. And the drawer opening - I've had a similar thing happen except it was the sound of a cup getting dragged along my kitchen counter - it was so clear but I was the only person in the house. I went to check it out and there was a cup there, but it was one I'd left out earlier - and I couldn't tell whether it had moved or not because I wasn't sure of it's original position when I first left it.
Oh man, that's creepy. If ghosts are real, what's up with them moving things at random

I heard somewhere that your brain makes up sounds when it's quiet for too long. Idk if that's true but I like to chalk things up to that rather than think about the creepy alternatives

i'm back from the dead again (i'm bad at staying active in here =/)

ooh ghost stories?-
last time i was home alone i heard footsteps from the other room, didn't do anything but lock myself in the room for the next 30 minutes. i also heard a door close.

Oh man, that's creepy. If ghosts are real, what's up with them moving things at random

I heard somewhere that your brain makes up sounds when it's quiet for too long. Idk if that's true but I like to chalk things up to that rather than think about the creepy alternatives
yeah, I heard that, too - I generally think that's what it has to be but I do like to imagine the spooky alternative sometimes.

@DinosaurDumpster That's creepy, the fact you heard the footsteps and the door closing - and locking yourself in the room for half an hour is honestly the same sort of defence I use when scary sounds happen.
I heard a huge crashing sound one time when I was home alone at my parents house - I basically said, "nope" and stayed in my room not wanting to deal with it. When my parents came back they shouted upstairs, "what happened to the picture?" - Turns out the noise I heard was a picture frame falling off the wall in the downstairs hallway. They were suspicious about why I didn't know about it and wondered how I didn't hear it happen - I assured them that I did hear it, I just wasn't in the frame of mind to be dealing with those kinds of shenanigans in case it was ghosts lol.

hmmm... I can't really think of many supernatural experiences I have had.

Although I do have a scary story that happened to me and my friend yesterday, if anyone wants to know. So basically I live in the suburbs so not really urban but not rural just normal, but anyways me and one of my close friends wanted to go skating yesterday, so we did. We go down my driveway and we're just on the road when we saw this small white cadillac driving really slow behind us and we were both like, uhhh weird. So anyways the car catches up to us and stops (which was like i have prepared for this my whole life i'm terrified of being kidnapped literally since i was 3 i always have nightmares scary ahh) and someone rolls down the window. So then there's these two old people (i'm assuming they were a couple- the woman was driving and the man was closest to us) and me and my friend are like- uhhhhh what. So then the woman laughs and she's like "we're lost" and the man looks down on his phone and he's like "do you know where (insert address here) is?" And my friend is like "haha i don't live here but she might know" and they both look at me and i'm like shaking even though they're probably legitimately lost, it was still scary. So i was just like "haha i don't live here i live in the neighborhood over there (and i pointed somewhere random cause no way am i giving them directions)"Anyways they said thanks and left but me and my friend were
t r a m u a t i z e d.

I really feel bad because everyone's really friendly and nice around where I live. They were probably just some grandparents looking for an address, but still, who stops their car to ask two teenage girls for directions?!? So I just thought it was a little strange, and it left me feeling bad that I didn't help them but also scared. I'm probably overreacting to this whole thing, I'm just kind of a worrywart when it comes to talking to strangers and stuff.

Conversation breaker: I found this drawing from 9th grade
20210418_113859.jpg

Looks meh maybe I'll put it up as my avatar one day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back