• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Been Playing Since Release Date....

re: whether you can get a picture without sending letters everyday: yep! it took me awhile - like four months since release awhile - but I just got Jacques' pic like, a minute ago. best frannnns

Last edited:
I've been playing since 15th June and only got my first villager picture a few days ago, Curt moved out and sent me his picture in the mail.

Been playing since release (had restarted) but I haven't ever had a villager pic either :3
I swear they were easier to get in WW and CF

I've played everyday from release and I have 3. I got one from Maple who's my favourite villager, she just gave me it for doing an errand. The other two are from villagers who have moved out!

I have 4 total right now. It took me a while to get them. I was doing everything I could to get them but eventually I kinda gave up on the idea of getting one but still continued to do nice things for them and that's when Pashmina and Olivia decided to give me one when I did a favor for them, then Pashmina gave me a 2nd one when she moved out. Last one I got which is recent was from Graham when he moved out.

I've been playing since July 10th and I have gotten two villager pictures, about two weeks apart from each other. I got Fang's picture first when he moved out, and then I also later got Tipper's picture when she moved out. It's like if I do something kind of sad like "Why would you let us move out, Mayor Jessica?" THEN they send me their pictures. :'D

I've only just got my second.. i got my first when I got some signatures for Ken and I just got Francines as a thank you for when I kept giving her medicine when she was sick

I've gotten 15 so far, but some of them were multiples - Fauna has given me her pic 3 times now for doing errands etc, and some villagers gave me their pics once while they were living in town and then again via mail when they moved. I always give them sharks or dorados when they ask for ocean/river fish. I give them perfect fruit when they ask for fruit (I keep a stock of non-native perfect fruit), and I give them fairly decent furniture or refurbished furniture when they want stuff for their houses. I also talk to each visitor about 8 times a day. I only write letters maybe once a week now.

If you know what your luck of the day is via Katrina or lovely phone, and it's 'friendship' or 'love', and you use the advised lucky item, then you can up your chances of getting a picture. Love luck is for opposite gender villagers, and friendship luck is for same gender villagers. Sorry if that's already been mentioned somewhere else, just throwing it out there to help :D

Been playing since the release date and still no villager picture

That was what i thought, until i got Colton's (or Drift's?) picture the very next day.

No need to rush, they'll give you their picture when they move out if you never neglect them anyway. :|

If you play with 'Dreamies'-thing like most people here & don't want your villagers to move out, then... just be patience.

Last edited:
Got my first picture 2 weeks after starting.
All you need to do is work 32895783 times harder than normal to get their pictures! :D

Haha awww. I got so far 4 villager pictures. From one villager two for some reason?

They really hate you spamurai xD

I've played since June 9th as well, and have only gotten one picture. That was because a villager moved out. -w-
I /constantly/ do chores for my villagers. I think they hate me secretly.

I really want some villagers pictures but I won't buy then in auctions on here because whats the point if you havent got them personally from your villagers? :O

I put bunnies picture in the house and she was all like yaaay I'm so happy. What will they say if they visit you and have there picture but they never gave it to you? Little stalker.

Last edited:
I'm the same, been playing since release day and no pictures! I don't actively try to get them, but I do every request and I send letters a few times a week as I always have done since WW. I would have thought by the law of averages to have had at least one, but I'm also glad I'm not the only one!

- - - Post Merge - - -

No need to rush, they'll give you their picture when they move out if you never neglect them anyway. :|

Sorry to post again but I never noticed this one before. This isn't true, I've had 2, maybe 3 villagers move out and never neglected them and had no pictures from them. I do all the favours where I can (unless they ping me when I'm about to save and switch off which isn't often) and I don't hit them with things (I shoved Coco the other day for fun but she's just new and I don't like her much anyway) and still didn't get pics when they moved, so this isn't 100%.

Last edited:
Back