• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Best place to buy AC:NL in Canada?

Bambi

Doe Eyed Deer
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Cake
What do you guys think is the best store to buy the game from??

Should I pre-order?

If I pre-order will I miss out on package deals?

I am in Calgary, AB if that helps any. I know my question might seem stupid but I do not consider myself a "Hardcore Gamer." AC is the only game that I have gotten REALLY into. I have played other video games but never as much. I have never pre-ordered a game before or even wanted it so badly for a release date. I am just scared that I will not be able to find it anywhere when it comes out.

I appreciate the input :)

I doubt it'll sell out of stock, but pre-ordering does ensure you get a copy if it were to.

You've still got a few months to decide though.

i dnt live in canada so i dno if u hav gaemstop but if u do i do not recommend buyin it @ gaemstop bcoz dey overprice dere games

i am not sure mayb walmart (do dat exist in canada)???/

i sry i am not 2 sure bcoz i am in australia so ye

but i gen. find game stores sell @ da rrp price so yeah, i gen. go 2 warehouse like stores coz i can save around $20AUD on my gaems if i go 2 dem instead]

i dnt sink u shud need 2 pre order either i mean its ac

I doubt it'll sell out of stock, but pre-ordering does ensure you get a copy if it were to.

You've still got a few months to decide though.

That's true. I just heard that Nintendo in Japan was restricting the amount of copies stores could purchase so I'm not sure if they will be doing that here or not. Although I also don't know the demand for the game in my city....

Not sure where you heard that gamestop overprices newly released games..

They do tend to overprice used and older games though.. but new games sell for exactly the same price as everywhere else.

i dnt live in canada so i dno if u hav gaemstop but if u do i do not recommend buyin it @ gaemstop bcoz dey overprice dere games

but i gen. find game stores sell @ da rrp price so yeah, i gen. go 2 warehouse like stores coz i can save around $20AUD on my gaems if i go 2 dem instead]

Thanks Jake, we do have a Walmart here. I'm hoping for a deal along with the 3DS since I don't have one of those yet either :p

That's true. I just heard that Nintendo in Japan was restricting the amount of copies stores could purchase so I'm not sure if they will be doing that here or not. Although I also don't know the demand for the game in my city....

The demand for it in Japan wasn't expected, they even ran out of copies and had to publicly apologize for it. lol

Over here though it's most likely not going to be as popular. Handheld gaming isn't held in as high regard as it is in Japan.

edit:
EB and Gamestop are essentially the same exact thing. lol

Not sure where you heard that gamestop overprices newly released games..

They do tend to overprice used and older games though.. but new games sell for exactly the same price as everywhere else.
gaemsop here = eb games = overprices gaems
idk on da us gaemstop website dey sell 4 da rrp liek obv i am not going 2 go 2 da us just 2 c if da store prices r different..

We don't have Gamestop here I don't think. We have an EBgames...
ya eb gaems is da same, plz dnt shop dere unless u want 2 spend more money

no probrem i am happi 2 help u :)))))))))

I probably wouldn't count on a package deal for AC and I doubt AC will sell out on day 1. I still haven't pre-ordered and I probably wouldn't until a release date is announced.

I'll probably get mine at the local Gamestop. The staff there are pretty nice about putting up with me and my occasional rants about how long the New Leaf release is taking. (let's see how they feel if I lose my cool and flip a table or display) The Harvest Moon releases come with a gift (plushie), so I've always pre-purchased those from Gamestop. Their prices on used games are too high, but at least they stick to the standard prices on the new items. I prefer to buy my games there, because the games staff at the Best Buy around the corner are kind of snarky about anything that is not first-person shooter.

Was that english?

Jake, I'm getting tired of you posting like this. Cut out the idiocy.

Back