• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Bionicle Re-release ideas

Alolan_Apples

Old > New
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Originally, I was going to make a review of the Mata Nui Online Game, but I chose not to do it here because I don’t want to direct Bionicle fans to some obscure Animal Crossing site if they’re googling for the Mata Nui Online Game. But they might be directed here to see my ideas. But I talk about many things on my blog anyway.

Last entry was on Bionicle, which is something I would get hooked on for a while once I latch on. I also mentioned wishes for Lego to re-release the older sets. It’s very unlikely that’s going to happen. This requires re-making the molds, including molds of older versions of particular pieces, and permission from the creator of Bionicle. Not only that, the last time they rebooted, it failed. But I don’t want new sets. Just old set re-releases since I lost all of the older sets.

But if they were to re-release the older sets, here are some ideas they should follow. But just letting you know, I am more likely going to share my Animal Crossing game ideas with Nintendo than I am to share these re-release ideas with Lego. Mostly because I’m shy when it comes to talking to corporations, and I prioritize games over toys.

• If I have to be more simplistic to my demands and less specific, I would only ask for the 2001 Bionicle Sets. If it gets successful, I could start asking about 2002 and 2003. 2004 is as far as I can go.
  • On all sets, there should be some app compatibility and QR scanning. Part of the reason why Bionicle’s reboot failed is not just Bionicle, but also toys. Kids these days are interested into iOS and Android games and apps. Therefore, I would suggest making a Bionicle app with cool features that require collecting the Lego sets. Some features like comics, in-depth encyclopedia information, and a puzzle game would require collecting the sets, as each set adds up. Other features are free to access. So that would entice the kids to get the sets.
  • At the same time, they should throw the remastered Mata Nui Online Game in the app, as something you are free to play. Since Flash is being killed off, it should be on another engine. There should also be more stuff to do and the level of detail of the characters should look more Lego-like.
  • For the Toa sets, whether they re-do canisters or not, there should be a shrine for the mask. The golden mask of each Toa should also be part of the set, along with their normal masks.
  • For the Turaga sets, two Matoran and a cardboard standee of the village they come from should be included. The Turaga sets are so simple they shouldn’t be alone in a single box anymore. As for the Matoran included, six of them were once McDonald’s happymeals, as the other six were never even released as sets, but did appear in the Mata Nui Online Game.
    • The masks should also match those as of the Mata Nui Online Game, but the names should match their names after Naming Day.
    • Takua and the Makuta should be separate sets from the Turaga.
  • For the Rahi sets, the smaller ones should be in packaged bags while the larger ones should have one box per creature. When the larger ones were released, they had two in each box. To avoid unnecessary repetition, each set of larger Rahi should be separated into two boxes rather than one. For the app idea listed above, one should unlock info on one of the large Rahi, and having both of the same would unlock info on even greater creatures.
  • The app should include an avatar creator so you can create your own Matoran. At the same time, the collectible masks as actual sets can be forgotten since it’s not necessary.
  • If this idea succeeds:
    • For the 2002 sets, each Bohrok and Bohrok Va should be in the same set. The Toa Nuva and the 2002 Titans are fine the way they were packaged before, except separate the Bahrags into two sets. Again, collectibles can be forgotten.
    • For the 2003 sets, six of the Matoran (the ones released in individual boxes) should be packaged together. The other two, which were included in the 2003 Rahi sets, are fine with their inclusion. The Bohrok Kal, Rahkshi, Takanuva, and Makuta are fine the way they were packaged before. Again, collectibles can be forgotten.
    • These sets should have app compatibility as well. Unlock more features like I described in the 2001 sets. The second Mata Nui Online Game can be included too, but as an unlockable for completing the first.
  • Lastly, maybe for the Matoran sets, the eyes should light up, with replaceable batteries. That was the best part about the 2006 sets, back when Bionicle was going downhill.
Again, I wouldn’t be too surprised if Lego rejects this since they don’t do re-releases, but if they did, I will get back to collecting. And this isn’t a demand, asking for a re-release, but this is just an idea to write since I like writing ideas.

Back