Brewster's Banter - General Discussion

I've been listening to Taylor Swift's new albums on and off for the last 24 hours, I've really been enjoying the songs. I have quite a few songs that I would say are my favorites from the album, and am pleased with not listening to the people who listened to the leaks beforehand that said the album was mediocre. I do think the album isn't for everyone and that's okay. The new music video with Post Malone was really good too, granted Taylor has always had amazing music videos.
I liked a good amount of the songs on the album, but I felt like they didn't have as much variety as they could've and that all of the songs kind of blended together. Not a bad album by any means though.

Question of the day: Now that over a third of 2024 passed, how did this year go so far for you? Was it good? Or was it bad?

For me, I would say it’s better than the last four years as of this point. The year began while I was out of town, I got to spend at least one night in the hotel without sleeping problems, and I ate at a Medieval Times restaurant for my birthday, while I enjoyed Bell Tree’s Farewell to New Leaf and Easter events. It’s just like the good old days from last decade (2014-2017 and the first four months of 2019). I may have felt too much nostalgia for 2016, but that year, I felt too much nostalgia towards 2003. Maybe in 10 years from now, I would feel nostalgia for 2024.

But I will tell you one thing that went wrong. I got permanently banned from Mollycord. And it was out of injustice. Imagine getting kicked out of the official fan club of one of your passions because your beliefs don’t align with the administrator’s views. I also had the worst case of GERD out of all the times I suffered it, The Ghost and Molly McGee has been cancelled, I’m still waiting for DK64 and DKR to be added to Nintendo Switch Online, and the 3DS era has finally came to an end for me. But all of these problems (including the Mollycord ban) still don’t compare to what I went through back in 2018-2020. Now I did have a much worse experience with Mollycord than I did with TV.com, but 2024 is shaping to be a much better year than 2008.

This year hasn't been as good as last year for me since I'm stuck living in an area I don't really like, but it's still leagues better 2012-2022 for me. I've tried new food, had a nice birthday, found some nice third places, and enjoyed spending days by the woods. I've also been playing some really good video games and reading good books.

Back