• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Can someone explain this to me?

Treasu(red)

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Easter Bunny
ど
う
ぶ
つ
の
森
I was told by a number of different people patterns on the ground in New Leaf prevent grass-wear. Then this shows up on my Tumblr. So which is it??? :l

wJpLXu3.png

- A confused member.

I just saw that on tumblr too.

Well, I think it's obvious that it doesn't prevent grass wear. :p

Hmm strange I've seen videos where people say it does, but this changes things, who knows :p

could be someone trying to pull our legs... you know that happens sometimes.

Well, talk about an unpleasant surprise.

Though I have to say, I do really like the look of that natural dirt. But it's no good if you want to change routes and directions.

I hear some of both. People saying it works and people saying it doesn't.
Maybe the grass degradation was slow enough that people didn't notice until they spent more time with the game.

I hear some of both. People saying it works and people saying it doesn't.
Maybe the grass degradation was slow enough that people didn't notice until they spent more time with the game.

That's what I was thinking as well. I'm assuming the grass wear doesn't happen as quickly as it does in CF.

I didn't really believe the patterns preventing grass wear thing since I've only seen people posting about it and not from official sources :eek:

Patterns don't prevent grass wear. Where'd that come from??

come on, people need to stop worrying about grass. Just don't run everywhere obviously, and you'll be fine

I recently read (from a non official source) that running or walking doesn't matter, both will deteriorate the grass.

Patterns cannot prevent grass wear. But.. if you always walk on your pattern path, there will arise a path there. So, after a few weeks you have a nicely created path in your town.

I recently read (from a non official source) that running or walking doesn't matter, both will deteriorate the grass.

You are correct yes, but if my memory is right, running makes it deteriorate faster.

Regardless on if you're walking or running, if you walk the same path for long enough it will create a dirt path.

I'm doubtful that patterns remove prevent it. But this isn't that bad you could make some nice dirt paths.

Back