• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Can someone explain this to me?

I'm not sure, never had any confirmation about patters protecting the grass. If they do protect it, maybe the path in the picture are patterns. If not it's still looking nice!

I never believed anyone who said they prevented it :/ lol but I do quite like the look of the dirt path in NL, compared to the past.. I might not even mind it if I get bored of my roads, could just go natural. Still, Patterns are a must to at least create said dirt paths to begin with, not risking a desert.

Patterns do not slow down grass wear or prevent it; they just keep people from walking 'willy-nilly,' if you will, all over your town. The purpose of pattern paths is to isolate grass wear, not prevent it. It was the same way in City Folk. Hope my answer helped you to understand!

The dirt paths don't look bad in this game, actually. In fact, it is much more realistic than the previous dirt graphics in older games.

Half of the people I follow says that patterns prevent grass wear, but the other half says they don't. I believe that patterns don't prevent it. I mean when we were first told that patterns prevent grass wear, it was only a week into the release.

Well. I have played over 300 hours and I don't have this dirt path under my paths.. I just checked then. I run a lot too. So idk.. My grass wear isn't that bad at all.

If this is true, it could be very useful actually. I really like the look of that dirt path!

I'm glad to finally see a natural dirt path seeing as this is what I wanted all along. Though it could just be someone trolling and they never had patterns in the first place? Are there other proven sources, seeing as LinandKo lifted up some tiles in one of their videos and it wasn't barren underneath.

I always thought patterns protecting grass was silly anyway. - seeing as if you cover grass up so it can't get light it dies.

The natural dirt path looks nice compared to the kind in City Folk
And I prefer it to the neon pathways some people use in their game

I am not sure if it is true but does the dirt paths affect you getting a perfect town?

I'm glad to finally see a natural dirt path seeing as this is what I wanted all along. Though it could just be someone trolling and they never had patterns in the first place? Are there other proven sources, seeing as LinandKo lifted up some tiles in one of their videos and it wasn't barren underneath.

I always thought patterns protecting grass was silly anyway. - seeing as if you cover grass up so it can't get light it dies.

Now that you mention it, I remember seeing this on LinandKo as well. It was Lin picking up fruit in her town next to a bunch of flowers and when she took up a tile it was green. (o_o) Hmmm. I guess we'll just have to see when the game comes out how fast it deteriorates and then how fast it regens with the help of rain and flowers. (-__-) I'm just peev'd that people were claiming things that they clearly didn't know. And even more upset I bought it. (-__'-) hmmmm.

Now that you mention it, I remember seeing this on LinandKo as well. It was Lin picking up fruit in her town next to a bunch of flowers and when she took up a tile it was green. (o_o) Hmmm. I guess we'll just have to see when the game comes out how fast it deteriorates and then how fast it regens with the help of rain and flowers. (-__-) I'm just peev'd that people were claiming things that they clearly didn't know. And even more upset I bought it. (-__'-) hmmmm.

Yeah, and they've stated they play daily doind the daily chores atleast, which with all the flowers should see them walk everywhere once a day.
I kind of feel like 6 months of gameplay should have got us an answer by now though. So maybe it is so improved upon CF that there are ways of playing where you won't notice it at all? Maybe Lin's beautiful ordinance plays a part?

Well Lin's town has a lot of flowers everywhere, and they help regrow the grass. So maybe because the flowers are next to her pattern paths, the grass underneath the patterns still look full and green because the flowers are helping regrow what is deteriorated when Lin walks over the paths? It's plausible, right? Looking at the image of that dirt path on tumblr, there are no bushes or flowers near the edges of the path. Maybe thats why they had such a clear-cut dirt path when they lifted up their patterns?

to me it looks like a pattern because it looks like the grass around the dirt looks lighter to the surrounding grass but thats just me

Back