• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Can Wi-Fi visitors ''steal'' villagers?

Taiki

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
This has bugged me for a long time.

I was in the "construction" phase of my village (which I still am, but now I progressed a lot) but I had wonderful villagers. All to my liking. Especially Carmen, whom I really liked. I developed her so much, her catchprases and everything were lines suggested by me. I did a lot of tasks for her (but never got a picture). But then... I invited an IRL friend to my city a few weeks ago... (And I read somewhere that if villagers are being talked to they can be asked to move over to the WI-FI visitor's home. But I didn't pay this any mind because I didn't believe it)... I noticed her talking a LOT with Carmen (she talked to all villagers, but seemed to talk a lot more with Carmen). So magically a few days after the visit, Carmen announced that she would leave. There was no option for me to ask her to stay, it was just like "I'm moving out".

Is it true that Wi-Fi visitors can "steal" your villagers? I have seen some people in here who have "Don't steal [...]" when you are visiting in their signatures. I really like my villagers now, my paths are all set according to the placement of their homes, I would die if they moved away!

No they cant. How can they "steal" any villager if you're the one who dictates if the villager can move or not?

Last edited:
I've never heard of a villager telling you they're moving without you being able to say "no, don't go", or whatever. ;o

I'm pretty sure visitors can only get villagers to move into their town once they're packed. I doubt the programmers would allow people to take villagers from your town so easily.

Note: I honestly don't think you'd "die". I'm sick of people on the internet saying they'd die over minor things.

Edit: Sorry if that came across as rude. It's just really got to me recently, after someone in my family died.

Last edited:
Okay that is good. Thanks for clearing this out of my mind. I was really confused about this

@Suave_Spencer, how about you go and say this to everyone on the Internet. Don't forget your medication or you'll remain sick.

I'm pretty sure they can influence the villager to thinking about moving... But they can't steal them

I'm pretty sure they can influence the villager to thinking about moving... But they can't steal them
I think this is what must have happened, the visitor influenced Carmen to go to her village and I probably didn't play the day after (to decline)... Which resulted into Carmen moving out.

Ah I see :) Yeah, my sister came over and spoke to my old villager Biskit a lot and he asked to move a little later. I said go anyway though lolololol

Villager give at least 5 days notice when wanting to move. If you get less than five days notice, it means you didn't get the ping from them on the first day that they were thinking of moving out.

This is also how villagers will move out when you don't play for awhile. If they're thinking of moving on the last day you played, but you didn't stop them before taking a one week break or etc (this is just an example) they will have moved out.

Your friend may have influenced her, but there would have been time to stop her before she left.

Last edited:
You should have two opportunities to decline their move, though - it takes 5 days to get them to move out so it wouldn't have been just because you didn't play the next day, I think. Either way, that is really bizarre. o_o I'm sorry you lost your dreamie :c Hopefully she'll come back to you in time xx

Back