• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Can't read QR codes?

Midgetsc

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Silver Mailbox
Cake
Mailbox
;-; I've tried everything I can think of, still can't read QR codes.

My brightness is 4.
I do my best to get the 3DS perfectly positioned, but for some reason, the QR reader and the QR code have different box sizes in the corners. (What I mean are those 3 little boxes in the bottom left, top left, and top right.)

I'm getting pretty upset, because I'm horrible at designs and I just want some nice paths, but of course, I can't get any. It's really annoying. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

In my experience, it actually works better if I don't align them perfectly. This might be a silly question, but have you tried moving closer and further away to see if that works?

The furthest I've gone is maybe like 3 or so feet from the screen, because I was leaning back to look at my cat. Closest is about maybe 1 inch, because I was raging and was almost slamming it against the screen. XD

I'll try making it a little lopsided and see what happens.

I'd definitely give it a couple more tries without trying to get the reader perfectly cover the code! Good luck!

Have you tried with multiple codes uploaded by different people?

I find that when people resize their images (to make them much smaller) the QR reader sometimes can't pick it up.

Last edited:
Can you post a link to the codes?
Sometimes people upload their path codes, but plaster them all in one image so they're really low-res. or the image could be too small to scan.

The QR code is either too small or too low quality. I tried to scan a flower crown for 2 hours before I realized how shocking the quality was when I zoomed in 500 times (because the original image was tiny)

Also, I find not making it perfect sometimes helps. I had it perfect for like 5 minutes on a dress, and when I moved it to the side (and it was literally completely out of focus) it scanned. Weird.

I've tried it from all sorts of people. No luck.

Part of it may be that I have a laptop, though. I think IE automatically resizes most of the images I look at because my screen is so small it can't fit in the width of the forum posts. >.<

One of the ones I tried scanning earlier was the Rainbow Dash QR code that's in Re-Tail atm, but it didn't work. Another was something on dA that was Ezio's robes, but that didn't work, either. I've also tried scanning a bunch of random clothes on Tumblr, but no luck. >.<

If I had links to everything, I'd give them, but sadly I don't.

- - - Post Merge - - -

AMG FINALLY FOR DA FIRST TIME EVER I GOT A QR CODE TO WORK!

XD Now I just need to get one that I actually want, since I literally just found a random one and started tilting the camera around until it worked.

I have the same problem
and I was thinking to print the qr codes on paper perhaps this could help a bit their identification?

when you're on an image of a qr code, press Ctrl and + at the same time to zoom in on the pic. It works for me when I scan from my PC. I usually use my ipod to display QR codes

Your laptop shouldn't be a problem, the only problem could be low quality. also move it around a bit.

Back