Can't trigger Brewster/Blathers event

s.g.r

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I can't seem to trigger blathers to talk about Brewster on my island and I have literally tried everything.

• My island has 3 stars
  • I finished project k.k. slider
  • I have kap'n
  • I have donated one of every type including a deep sea creature
  • And im playing as the island rep.
I have waited in both real time and time traveled in order to see if it triggers this event and I can't seem to get it to work. I don't know if this matters at all but I am not the main island rep my sister is but I was using her account, however her player is not up to date at all. She still has the regular house, the regular storage, all of that. Is there something I am missing or is my game just broken, please somebody help it's driving me crazy.

Update :
The tip about talking to kapp'n as the island rep worked! Thx for everyone's help!

Last edited:
Do you have the 2.0 update installed? The Roost and other features weren't added until it was released.

Yes. Everything's been updated
OK good!

How many items do you remember donating? It's been a while since I unlocked my cafe so I did online research and some sources said you need to have donated at least 60 items as well as at least 1 fish, bug, sea creature, and work of art.

OK good!

How many items do you remember donating? It's been a while since I unlocked my cafe so I did online research and some sources said you need to have donated at least 60 items as well as at least 1 fish, bug, sea creature, and work of art.
I have a fair amount donated. But I'm not entirely sure a number. I have nearly the entirety of the fossils exhibit donated minus like four items, I have almost every sea creature donated and about half of the fish, I have about half of the bugs donated, but I only have about four pieces of artwork donated. I'm not sure if this matters at all but I did most of that via my player.

I have a fair amount donated. But I'm not entirely sure a number. I have nearly the entirety of the fossils exhibit donated minus like four items, I have almost every sea creature donated and about half of the fish, I have about half of the bugs donated, but I only have about four pieces of artwork donated. I'm not sure if this matters at all but I did most of that via my player.
Hmm maybe try donating a few more items and see what happens. Send an update when you do. This is the only feasible solution I can think of at the moment (I have another one but IDK if it's good enough).

Hmm maybe try donating a few more items and see what happens. Send an update when you do. This is the only feasible solution I can think of at the moment (I have another one but IDK if it's good enough).
Ok i'll try that. Thx so much for your help :)

Did your sister's character donate to the muesuem or was it yours?

In any case, try running around the museum for a bit and it might trigger Blathers(according to a reddit post I was reading)

Also what date is it in your game?

Did your sister's character donate to the muesuem or was it yours?

In any case, try running around the museum for a bit and it might trigger Blathers(according to a reddit post I was reading)

Also what date is it in your game?
I donated the majority on my character but her character has donated at least one of each type of thing. The date in my game is just the current date. I'll try that, see if it works. Thx

I donated the majority on my character but her character has donated at least one of each type of thing. The date in my game is just the current date. I'll try that, see if it works. Thx
hmm are you trying to trigger the event with her character or yours? I'd play as the island rep

Yes and no worries it happens.
How many villagers do you have?

If you don't have the max, I'd try to get 10 villagers first and after if that doesn't work, I'd probably donate 1 of each thing again just to see if that triggers it?
Sorry I'm not much help, I'm trying to think of all the variables and what you could possibly be missing
Post automatically merged:

Or I'd just keep donating, you may not have 60 things donated (I don't believe who donates matters)

How many villagers do you have?

If you don't have the max, I'd try to get 10 villagers first and after if that doesn't work, I'd probably donate 1 of each thing again just to see if that triggers it?
Sorry I'm not much help, I'm trying to think of all the variables and what you could possibly be missing
Post automatically merged:

Or I'd just keep donating, you may not have 60 things donated (I don't believe who donates matters)
I have the max level of villagers. But I think I'll just try donating things in hopes that it works. And no worries I appreciate any help

I have the max level of villagers. But I think I'll just try donating things in hopes that it works. And no worries I appreciate any help
Oh dang! Yeah, I'm sorry I wasn't any help! Well actually, if you need any real art pieces let me know, I could provide some to help you get to 60 items in the museum

I know u mentioned u have Kapp'n unlocked, have you used his boat yet? I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but worth trying to use it once if you haven't already

I know u mentioned u have Kapp'n unlocked, have you used his boat yet? I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but worth trying to use it once if you haven't already
I've used it once with my character. But not with the island rep. I'll try that and see if it works

Omg it worked! Thanks so much :)
No problem! I remembered it triggering after my first time using the boat, I guess Blathers only talks to the Island Rep about upgradey stuff. Glad it helped!!!

Back