• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Catchphrase

PaisleyMouse

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Pear (Fruit)
October Birthstone (Opal)
I'm assuming that the animal neighbors in New Leaf still ask for new catchphrases and greetings?

I love making my neighbors say things that make me laugh. They aren't always appropriate and I know I should be better about that, but what are some of the things you like to have your neighbors say? Somewhere I had a list ready to go for when I had someone request a new one, but that was back in the early days of CF and I have no idea where that is now.

I just leave them with their original idc about changing them

It seems that animals requests new catchphrases more often in City Folk than in the GCN version. I'm sure catchphrases return,,but it's a pain trying to think of stuff for them to say.

Sometimes I'll change it if I don't think their original catchphase suits them, but 99% of the time I keep them the way they are.

I sometimes make they act surprised through their phrases but mostly I just keep them the same.

I'm so surprised that most of you already are saying you leave them the same. I always change mine and I agree, it is a pain sometimes to think of something good. I was hoping that others might have good ones I could steal ;)

I love changing the phrases!!!! I like to make them based on how much I like the townie :p phrases that make me laugh are awesome too. I love visiting a town and talking to the animals there and seeing what they get their animals to say :)

I love changing the phrases!!!! I like to make them based on how much I like the townie :p phrases that make me laugh are awesome too. I love visiting a town and talking to the animals there and seeing what they get their animals to say :)

Lol you need to give me some ideas for phrases! In CF Puck constantly said Boop and it drove me insane!

I absolutely love messing with the villager catchphrases. It's even better when they move to another town and take it with them.

I like changing the greetings and catchphrases to things like "sweetie", "hon", "sugar", and so on. That way it usually sounds like they are fond of me. Here in the South, it is not that unusual for people to address each other that way in real life.

The year the New Orleans Saints won the superbowl, I had them all saying things like "Go Saints!".

But really, sometimes I wish they would just stop asking me so frequently to change them.

Last edited:
I like changing the greetings and catchphrases to things like "sweetie", "hon", "sugar", and so on. That way it usually sounds like they are fond of me. Here in the South, it is not that unusual for people to address each other that way in real life.

But really, sometimes I wish they would just stop asking me so frequently to change them.

I had the opposite problem in CF. They would ask me once and never again. I really didn't enjoy my villagers in CF.

I had the opposite problem in CF. They would ask me once and never again. I really didn't enjoy my villagers in CF.

Wow! Sometimes the same animal will ask me 3-4 times in one day, in ACCF. Maybe they are bored in my town.

I think I read somewhere that if you complain in City Hall about an animal being rude, they will ask you. But, I was never motivated to try that. :)

Wow! Sometimes the same animal will ask me 3-4 times in one day, in ACCF. Maybe they are bored in my town.

I think I read somewhere that if you complain in City Hall about an animal being rude, they will ask you. But, I was never motivated to try that. :)

I had this sorta rude Rat in my town so I complained and from then on we were "friends". I still stayed away from him because I hated his intro conversation music.

I absolutely love messing with the villager catchphrases. It's even better when they move to another town and take it with them.

I've had a villager from a different town move into my City Folk town and their catchphrase was ''butts''. It's definitely amusing sometimes.

I've had a villager from a different town move into my City Folk town and their catchphrase was ''butts''. It's definitely amusing sometimes.

Omg I would've laughed myself to sleep. Its just that in such an innocent games I never expect anything weird like that lol.

I totally love it when I get a new neighbor from a friends town and they have a hilarious greeting or catchphrase. I seem to be cursed with always getting Annabelle. I like to make her say B!@#$ so I can imagine that she hates me just as much as I hate her.

My villager's catchphrases in wild world are usually always "in bed". It's almost as hilarious as the fact that as a joke I called my gamecube town "ass" so Rover always says "I'm getting ass ready for you". I honestly didn't think I'd be keeping that town, but here we are, in bed.

I did stuff like this with my greetings, getting them to say NOOooooo!!! whenever I saw them.
Sometimes I felt like they actually meant it:rolleyes:

Back