• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Catchphrase

I remember on City Folk, my catchphrases had a musical theme. Like I think I had, crescENDO, Rest, and Triplet as catchphrases. I doubt I'll theme them again, but I love doing catchphrases!

In the past I've changed it to rude things, currently though I'm trying not to do that as I want to be able for visitors to read what I've written with a clear concious. I tend to go for animal sounds too though sometimes I just go for something a little scary like "I see dead people".

For Juri (or Julie) I went with "Hello Baby" and his end catchphrase I changed to Hoo-hoo, as his original was not rude but just a bit blunt. "Ne, kimi" which is like saying "Hey, you."

The animals in NL though are asking all the time so sometimes I just keep what I originally changed it to.

In the past I've changed it to rude things, currently though I'm trying not to do that as I want to be able for visitors to read what I've written with a clear concious. I tend to go for animal sounds too though sometimes I just go for something a little scary like "I see dead people".

For Juri (or Julie) I went with "Hello Baby" and his end catchphrase I changed to Hoo-hoo, as his original was not rude but just a bit blunt. "Ne, kimi" which is like saying "Hey, you."

The animals in NL though are asking all the time so sometimes I just keep what I originally changed it to.

Tip: NEVER talk to your villagers lol

I think the only time I've turned down making one is if it was one that I made and liked.
I love making things for them to say, whether I'm trying to match the character or I for the sake of humor.

I don't think I've met a villager where I felt the need to change their catchphrase if they asked. The defaults are usually cute.

now if i thought about something edgy maybe
maybe.

Some of my favorite things to use for catchphrases are:

Different desserts (I had a villager saying "Hershey" at one point)
Modified versions of their original
Wink wink
Hm (I'm trying to get all of my villagers to sound like Nook lol)
Myawn (cuz Moe is awesome!)

I always made my villagers praise me. My friend's little sis was in my CF town and we would see who could get the most villagers on their side.;)

One of my friends made all her WW villagers say 'madam' as their catchphrase, which I thought was a pretty cool idea at the time, if a little formal. Most of my CF villagers use some nickname as a catchphrase, like hun, doll or sweetie (I tend to have a lot of female villagers). Though, before I got Ed to move out, I made him say 'yanno.'

catchphrases tend to be random for me, but the greetings are always different. I like using other languages for greetings :)

Sometimes I keep the catchphrases cute and other times my town is a horrible, horrible place to visit. :rolleyes:

Sometimes I have them make little sounds or say sweetie, something cute like that. I try to refrain from making villagers I dislike say things like barf or something since others may pick up on it.

I absolutely adore catchphrases, because hilarious things like this can happen... (yes this happened to my friend)
Ok so she talked to Pinky and didn't have enough text to fill up one box and somehow said her catchphrase at the end of the sentence and she said
'Oh my gosh i totally remember that, s?x' (with the e) and we both just bursted out laughing, it may of been the funniest moments of my life and probably the only time i can remember when i actually cried of laughter... :')

Back