• And we're back! Mushroom Season continues on The Bell Tree with an all-new mysterious set of Foraged Mushrooms. Good luck foraging and identifying!

Chances of a new AC on Switch 2?

I think we will get an AC game on the Switch 2, but I don’t think it’ll be a launch title or even within the first year of release. I think they’ll devote that time to the more popular titles like Mario, Zelda and Pokemon.

I definitely think we’ll see one, especially as Splatoon 2 has now stopped updating and the team that deals with Splatoon is also the team that largely worked on ACNH. So with Splatoon now finished it frees them up for a new AC game.

I do worry that the next AC game won’t be brilliant though, purely because in my opinion NH’s wasn’t great and yet it sold so well. I think Nintendo will probably continue transforming it into a decorating sims with a small amount of life sim, so I’m not looking forward to that.

I do hope we’ll get a remake of New Leaf at some point. It’s a brilliant game and would benefit so much from the updated graphics and a couple of tweaks to the gameplay. So maybe Nintendo will focus on that first, seeing as it’ll probably be less work and sell pretty well.

Considering the sales on Switch and it being on every device other than Wii U since GameCube, 100%.

However, I agree with Hsn97 that I don’t think it’ll be launch title. I think they’ll focus on something “flashier” and save AC for a later reveal.

It's guaranteed to happen. Given the usual time frame (New Horizons being an anomaly due to the Wii U's failure), I'd expect a new Animal Crossing game in early 2026 if the console is coming out in early 2025.

While I'd love for it to be a launch title or a first year release, and it's not impossible (Animal Forest+ came out the same year as the GCN), Animal Crossing has usually been a game the releases a year after launch.

Back