Chances of a new AC on Switch 2?

i have pretty high confidence there will be an AC title at some point on the new switch, even if it's not at launch or within the first year. i'd be interested to see what angle they take with it, but after NH, i'm definitely more on the fence about buying it just because it's AC. if the new game goes even more in the direction of decorating and/or farming sim than life sim, my interest is certainly lessened. i wouldn't buy the new console just for that, the way i did with NH, i think this time there would have to be some other titles i'm interested in to make the overall purchase worth it, like a good pokemon game and/or a new mario kart.

Chances of a new Animal Crossing game coming on the next Switch console - higher than chances that Texas will get 90°F weather next summer.

With how well it sold on the Nintendo Switch, there’s no way Nintendo wouldn’t have a new Animal Crossing game. Now it may not be released within the first year or fix everything we complained about in ACNH, but we will be getting one on the next console.

As others have mentioned, I think it's a definitely we'll get a new AC on the Switch 2.
I also agree with everyone that it probably won't be a launch title. We'll even have to be extremely lucky to get a teaser that is.
I'm expecting a couple years wait at least.

I have a strong feeling that an Animal Crossing game will eventually come to the new Switch, even if it isn't at launch. I'm interested to see what they do with it, but after New Horizons, I'm more cautious about buying it just because it's AC. If the new title doesn't improve multiplayer with features like minigames, my interest will definitely decrease. I probably won't purchase the new console for animal crossing alone.

I don't think they're going to be releasing another Animal Crossing game that soon for the Switch 2, if anything, they may want to wait a bit before introducing it on the new console (whenever that may happen to be)

Back