• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Char-is-hard

Clarkeyboy

Patron Saint of Ice Cream
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Silver Mailbox
I am trying to catch the Char fish ingame at the moment. Been farming it for a round 2 hours with no luck. It is currently 17:25PM ingame, and im at the waterfall base. I keep respawning fish till they appear here, but it's never the Char. Is there something im doing wrong? I feel this thing is harder to catch than my Coelcanth's.

This is where I am fishing:
BNxscClCMAA7FPi.jpg

I've been looking for a giant snakehead, I know it's not its peak season but some of my friends have already caught one and I want to catch one too >n<
I've caught several coelacanths already.

I've been looking for a giant snakehead, I know it's not its peak season but some of my friends have already caught one and I want to catch one too >n<
I've caught several coelacanths already.

I've caught like 10.. They like hanging out in the pond area of the river. I caught mine around like afternoon time... Not exactly sure when specifically, though

Sorry, here to post support. I have NOT caught the Char or the Coelacanth (sp) beast fish.

I am trying to catch the Char fish ingame at the moment. Been farming it for a round 2 hours with no luck. It is currently 17:25PM ingame, and im at the waterfall base. I keep respawning fish till they appear here, but it's never the Char. Is there something im doing wrong? I feel this thing is harder to catch than my Coelcanth's.

This is where I am fishing:
BNxscClCMAA7FPi.jpg

They can spawn near the end of the river as well, where the second waterfall is. They spawn mostly in the river around there, but RARELY they spawn below that waterfall as well but it's incredibly rare for things to spawn underneath that one. Just stick to below the main waterfall, and near the second and you'll increase your odds.

They can spawn near the end of the river as well, where the second waterfall is. They spawn mostly in the river around there, but RARELY they spawn below that waterfall as well but it's incredibly rare for things to spawn underneath that one. Just stick to below the main waterfall, and near the second and you'll increase your odds.

Little confused here, do you mean they spawn more at the one that leads into the sea?

Little confused here, do you mean they spawn more at the one that leads into the sea?

Technically yes as fish are more likely to spawn near the end than near the first waterfall, at least that's what I've noticed. Just go back and forth between the two.

I'll start doing that too. I've only seen one fish spawn at the end of the river near the sea, and it was at someone else's town.

I've been trying for this fish as well.... yesterday evening I was in boyfriends car while he was driving trying to fish. Walking back and forth between both waterfalls... a shadow appeared beneath the waterfall that dumps into the ocean and thought maybe that was it? Seemed rare as that's the first fish I've seen spawn down there, went to go catch it and he hits a bump in the road and I hit the bobber too early :(... oh well will try again today. What size is the shadow that I should be looking for specifically....

BNx8d0UCUAA6Hgd.jpg

Top of the waterfall leading into the sea, fish spawned in the little bit of water at the bottom of the waterfall. Kept doing the save and continue method, 2 boots and a tire later, up pops this baby :D

I must have gotten lucky with the Char and the Coelacanth. Randomly caught the Char while passing by a fish shadow and set out to catch a Coelacanth when it was raining and it only took me about 10 minutes.

You'll catch it, don't give up. :)

I've been trying for this fish as well.... yesterday evening I was in boyfriends car while he was driving trying to fish. Walking back and forth between both waterfalls... a shadow appeared beneath the waterfall that dumps into the ocean and thought maybe that was it? Seemed rare as that's the first fish I've seen spawn down there, went to go catch it and he hits a bump in the road and I hit the bobber too early :(... oh well will try again today. What size is the shadow that I should be looking for specifically....

The char is a medium sized shadow.

BNx8d0UCUAA6Hgd.jpg

Top of the waterfall leading into the sea, fish spawned in the little bit of water at the bottom of the waterfall. Kept doing the save and continue method, 2 boots and a tire later, up pops this baby :D
Save and continue method?

Save and continue method?

When you save and continue it resets all the fish and bug spawns, so when it fades back in, new fish and bugs will be in town. Essentially, save and continue, fish up anything near the waterfall that leads into the ocean, and then repeat, until char.

When you save and continue it resets all the fish and bug spawns, so when it fades back in, new fish and bugs will be in town. Essentially, save and continue, fish up anything near the waterfall that leads into the ocean, and then repeat, until char.
Do I have to be a certain distance away from the waterfall, or will they spawn anyway? I'm on the edge of the cliff.

I have yet to catch a char as well, keep pulling up dace and carp instead... Will keep trying though. Good luck hope you catch a char soon :)

Back