• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Coloring Books

Autumn247

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
5508-2335-7117
Friday the 13th Candy
Corrupted Rainbow Candy
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Gastly Halloweaster Egg
Red Christmas Stocking
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
Cocotryoshka
Tasty Cake
Matryoshka Doll
Does anyone here color in coloring books? I’m 30 but I find it helps my anxiety a lot. It’s one of the first coping skills I learned when I was younger and in the hospital for bipolar. It really helps ground me and is less pressure for me than drawing because I tend to be a perfectionist when it comes to drawing which causes me to procrastinate a lot on it.

Here’s a picture I colored from one of my mindfulness coloring books.

Attachments

• IMG_4317.jpeg
    IMG_4317.jpeg
    668.7 KB · Views: 29
I llooooove coloring books! My old coworker gave me a Hello Kitty and Spongebob one for my birthday last year ^^ I also have a Pusheen one somewhere.. but I think it's at my moms house, lol.

I love to color, it's really relaxing to me and keeps me distracted from anxious thoughts. I'm glad it helps you with your anxiety!

I'm not too heavy on coloring books, but sometimes I gift them to my mom since I know she enjoys them.

Provides a good feeling when someone actually uses a gift you buy, and I always know she'll color in them.

I llooooove coloring books! My old coworker gave me a Hello Kitty and Spongebob one for my birthday last year ^^ I also have a Pusheen one somewhere.. but I think it's at my moms house, lol.

I love to color, it's really relaxing to me and keeps me distracted from anxious thoughts. I'm glad it helps you with your anxiety!

Ooh the pusheen one sounds awesome! I love pusheen! I have the little story book called I Am Pusheen and a pusheen plush.

I’m glad it helps you as well! It really is very relaxing. I like to just listen to a podcast or music or a YouTube video or show while I color. It’s like ultimate relaxation for me :)
Post automatically merged:

I'm not too heavy on coloring books, but sometimes I gift them to my mom since I know she enjoys them.

Provides a good feeling when someone actually uses a gift you buy, and I always know she'll color in them.

That’s awesome and that’s very thoughtful of you!

I have an animal-themed adult coloring book. I do find it relaxing and fun, but sadly I've only colored in a few pages so far. It's hard for me to find the time to work on it, but I'd like to get back into it again at some point.

I love coloring books! The simple ones, the mandala ones... they are all fun! It gives me something to do that is creative and helps melt away my stress and concerns!

I haven't had or used a coloring book in years, and I miss it a lot. The place I work at thankfully has hundreds of different coloring books from varying prices if I ever wanted to get back into them.

I don't have coloring books, but maybe I should look into getting some more complex ones like the first post of yours, Autumn. You did an amazing job coloring that. It looks so good! I really need practice coloring because I feel like I suck at it haha so these might help me. I recently tried coloring with one piece and I feel like it took me way too long.

Lovely work Autumn!

I enjoy coloring from time to time and have several coloring books! Here are some fruits from a folk art coloring book I thought looked nice ^^
View attachment 570403
Looks very nice! It looks like something I would find on Etsy (framed) for some hanging piece to put in a Kitchen or somewhere in your house. Nice work!

Looks very nice! It looks like something I would find on Etsy (framed) for some hanging piece to put in a Kitchen or somewhere in your house. Nice work!
Thank you! The coloring book is called Folk Art by Lisa Congdon and it says color, customize and hang on the front ^^

I've tried colouring books a couple of times but it just doesn't do it for me. I don't have the patience.

I haven't used a coloring book since childhood, but the more intricate ones designed for adults have come to my attention a few times over the years. I might pick one up to try sometime, but have just never gotten around to it thus far. They seem neat though.

I did a lot until mid 20s then I stopped. It wasn't a conscious thing. It just happened. I still have my coloring books. I noticed I tend to drop things I enjoy if I feel stressed or cluttered and I assume that was probably that.

I have a few coloring books lying around that I use when I don't have an internet connection ! I love it

Back