• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Conflictions

Punchyleaf

森森森森森森&#
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
森
Tasty Cake
Cake
Cherry (Fruit)
So now I'm feeling conflicted. I have two different 3DS. Midnight purple, and Flame Red. The Red has wear and tear from being bought in 2011, and I midnight purple was bought sometime in September of 2012. That one has a hardware issue that I can't seem to fix. Well, I have a special Limited Edition Pink/White XL (the last one) waiting for pickup tomorrow. My fianc? is paying the difference needed after the trade in value of both 3DS is applied to it. My fianc? is fine with it, but he made sure to mention how he had wanted to play Animal Crossing New Leaf with me. I told him he can just make a character and play that way, but no, he wanted to play co-op. it's making me feel bad but it's time I upgraded. Especially after 1 of the DS (purple) has that internal issue. Should I just give in and not upgrade so he can play with me? Or tell him to suck it up and just make a character on my file and upgrade? He doesn't really care about being a mayor or not. Plus, knowing his weird ways, I'm kinda saving a potential town from being a very hectic and weird place.
._.

Personally, I think your boyfriend is being extremely kind by paying the difference you even after you have 2 3DS's. As for the 'it's time I upgraded', you've only had your Midnight Purple for 5 months, and it isn't a necessity to upgrade.

As a gift for your boyfriend for being so generous, I think you should keep the Purple DS and get it fixed before New Leaf comes out, allowing him to use that. I know if I was being denied the chance to play my own file because my girlfriend wanted to upgrade her DS unnecessarily, I wouldn't be happy... .-.

I'd give him the chance to have his own town. He probably wants the ability to be mayor as well! I'd hate to have to be just a regular player while someone else got to be mayor.

You could keep the purple 3DS and save up a bit to pay the difference between just one trade in. You can get your Pink XL and he can play on the purple? :p

Personally, I think your boyfriend is being extremely kind by paying the difference you even after you have 2 3DS's. As for the 'it's time I upgraded', you've only had your Midnight Purple for 5 months, and it isn't a necessity to upgrade.

As a gift for your boyfriend for being so generous, I think you should keep the Purple DS and get it fixed before New Leaf comes out, allowing him to use that. I know if I was being denied the chance to play my own file because my girlfriend wanted to upgrade her DS unnecessarily, I wouldn't be happy... .-.
I don't think you read properly.
1. He's my fianc?.
2. BOTH 3DS are being traded in for this 1.
3. the midnight purple has hardware issues and won't turn on half the time, so I don't think it really matters that I've only "had it for 5 months"
4. He's not being denied. Like I said, he's perfectly fine with it. He just told me he wanted to play co-op. which is the exact same thing he said when we got WW. He played 1 time with me. And I've had the game for a very long time. Not to mention he works from 10am to 11pm, so he doesn't even have time to play with me.

@Zen
Right now, we have enough splurge money to be used for this. We're only paying $65 out of pocket money for the XL itself, because of the trade ins with the other 2.
EDIT: "this" as in buying another 3DS full price. He refuses to go used and has to have a new one.

@Officer Berri
He doesn't want to be mayor. All he wants to do is play mini games on the island and fishing. He's told me its the only thing he likes about AC ._.

@Bambi
Why would I keep a broken 3DS? :(

Last edited:
1. He's my fianc?.
3. the midnight purple has hardware issues and won't turn on half the time, so I don't think it really matters that I've only "had it for 5 months"
4. He's not being denied. Like I said, he's perfectly fine with it. He just told me he wanted to play co-op. which is the exact same thing he said when we got WW. He played 1 time with me. And I've had the game for a very long time. Not to mention he works from 10am to 11pm, so he doesn't even have time to play with me.

I did say you could get it repaired like Zen... :rolleyes:

I've already sent it in before, Sam & Zen :( the same problem keeps happening. And because of it, it won't let me access some downloaded games and such. And i know if i send it again, nintendo will offer me a refurbished one, but i could end up losing things in the process, which I dont want. He also has pretty big hands and gets hand cramps from playing the Flame Red for a race or two in MK7, so he would want an XL, what I'm actually considering is saving up from now until June and using a $100 best buy gift card to partially pay for the XL. I'm sure from now until June, I would raise the other $114 needed to cover the XL. And then we could both play NL, but for right now, having a broken 3DS and hand cramps is not an option.

@Sam
You also said I have 2 3DS, instead of reading and seeing that I was trading both in :rolleyes:
You also called my fianc? my "boyfriend" which implies you didn't read fully :rolleyes:
Just because you enjoy AC and all it's gloriousness, doesn't mean he's being deprived. He just wants to fish and play mini games, but you put yourself in his position with your want of the game, instead of reading that he's fine with it :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If the Red one just is chipped or whatever and still works fine, keep it and only trade in the purple. It'll cost a bit more, but you'll both be able to play that way.

Both are being traded in, he said this, there's no keeping one. His hands are too big and get cramped when playing the flame red.

Because I am the one who's trading in for the XL? He's putting up the rest. He carries both his money and mine so technically, he's not even paying. It's both our money in the account lol I just never carry cash or my card because he's one of those old timely 20+ year olds who feel they have to be the one to pull out the wallet. XD

Lots of rules here.

Just trade them both. Have him make a character. Ignore the co-op comment since apparently it's "exactly what he said when WW came out".

Enjoy the new XL.

Lots of rules here.

Just trade them both. Have him make a character. Ignore the co-op comment since apparently it's "exactly what he said when WW came out".

Enjoy the new XL.

But then boyfriend doesnt have mayor D:

edit: dat grammar. ^

Haha Hamusuta you're the only one to say that. And it's true. I got the second 3DS so we could play games together, and that's the least that's been happening. If he really wants to play with me, he'd end up getting his own. But I already know how it'll go
> he will play for hours, just fishing and games
> he will amount millions of bells
> he won't pay his house or do any projects
> he won't play the game anymore.
> It'll be a few months since the games been out, I see he's not playing, I invade his town and take his fruit and money
> he complains that I stole from him
> rinse and repeat from the beginning lol
EDIT: he doesn't even want to be mayor. I've been going on about this game since the unveiling at E3 the first time, I showed him this months direct and he goes "you can be mayor? What happened to the turtle?" I tell him torty retired and he goes "oh I want to play games on the island with torty lol"

@Zen
Yeah, so it's a reoccurring thing. Almost happened with City Folk until I told him you can't co OP there. He made a character and we took hour turns playing the game, he stopped a few days later, I took his money and stuff, he complained, played for a few more days, stopped.

Last edited:
1. He's my fianc?.

@Zen
Right now, we have enough splurge money to be used for this. We're only paying $65 out of pocket money for the XL itself, because of the trade ins with the other 2.
EDIT: "this" as in buying another 3DS full price. He refuses to go used and has to have a new one.

@Officer Berri
He doesn't want to be mayor. All he wants to do is play mini games on the island and fishing. He's told me its the only thing he likes about AC ._.

@Bambi
Why would I keep a broken 3DS? :(

I'm confused as to what you were conflicted about in the first place. Seems like he is fine making a character in your town. Plus this way you get a new, working 3DS. What is there to be conflicted about?

@Bambi
Because of his wanting to play co-OP statement, feel free to read above to see the history of his "co OP" it'll be a waste of money in the long run because I'll have 2 3DS and have had to pay $120 for the XL instead of just the $65 for him playing a few days with me then stopping altogether. So I feel bad that he said this, but I'm conflicted because I know how he plays with co OP. the only thing he ever plays co OP and keeps up with are shooter games, unfortunately, I hate shooter games.

I know that he won't mind just being a regular townie, but why would he say that in the first place? He's not even excited like myself and this whole community is >_<

Maybe you should keep the 3DS, do whatever to get them repaired, then play island games and fish together.

Back