• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Conflictions

does he wanna play co op with you or would he mind with anyone? because he could create another character on your file and save up enough medals to go to club tortimer to play co op there.
if not, idk its tough to decide..

No, I'm going with what Zen said c:

I'll enjoy my new XL. He can make a character if he Really wants one. And as I said before, if he really wants to play, he can buy it from best buy when the time comes. There's still an unused $100 gift card
C:

@Fame
He wanted to initially play with me, but he won't mind playing with others. Plus, whenever we played co OP, he would just send me garbage and plant pitfalls and hit me with the net and axe as pranks :<

@Sam
I'm sure you didn't mean to, but it just really bothers me when people call him my boyfriend. He's the man who's going to marry me. He's also the father of our unborn child, so boyfriend feels like a degrading thing to call him as :( sorry if I came off rude as well.
Initially, he was going to use the best buy gift card to buy me the XL for valentines day, but they stopped carrying it so now he's paying the extra $40 at the store near my house for the last one. He wasn't planning on doing a trade in then either, but I decided, why waste more money on a 3rd 3DS when I can trade in this broken one and the old one and do that?

So as a repay, I'm going to save up enough to get him his own XL with the gift card by the time June rolls around.

if he does make a char on your game and later get the game himself, make sure to tell him he can transfer his char to the new game (this is before playing it I think) that way he doesn't lose much if he collected stuff. I think that how it works

Tell him that he will need his own 3ds to play the game. Offer him one of your 3ds' that you already have. If he says no to those just start saving up for another one, maybe find some old games to trade in next time, or if you really don't want to you'll just have to give him a character on your game for a while.

I don't mind giving him a character. If he really wants one, he can make one and then if he wants his own game, we can save up for an XL for him and see if he keeps up with playing, though I know he won't. But if he does, we can do a transfer character thing. But for some reason I don't know if that'll work... You transfer a character and that one becomes mayor of the town you're transferring to? ._.

@New leaf 180
I think you seem to be confused, everyone else has gotten it so far :0

In my honest opinion....

If he want's to play co-op that would mean you'll need to have another 3DS and game cartridge. If that is the case, you'll need to either keep one of the 3DSs (fire red) and YOU play that one while you are co-opping so he can use the bigger one...or buy another new 3DSXL. I'm not saying you have to play the red one all the time, but only when you are co-opping.

If you mean co-op as in he just wants to stroll around your town on his own character than by all means let him do that too. It sounds like you ought to ask your fiance if that would be worth it or not.

Actually, you can transfer your characters between two local ACNL towns. The mayor is an exception, since he leads the town, after all. Also, the town where you will transfer your non-mayor character must be created before you can actually use the feature.

@Kaiaa
He wants to play at the same time as me. BUT. He also wants to send me garbage, hit me with the net and axe, and put pitfalls around my house ._.
But he's just as happy playing by himself, as long as I sit there and watch him the whole time because he just likes me watching him go fishing and prevail in all the mini games and stuff.

If you can transfer characters, then that will work. But either way, he's not exactly gentle with my electronics, which is why the flame red has chips and dents in it ._. So I'm actually not really going to let him touch this one.. BUT if he seriously wants to play with me, It doesn't bother me at all to let him have a characters if that's what he wishes

Well, we talked, he wants me to just trade in the broken one and keep flame red.
That works just as well for me since I forgot that flame red has the digital copy of Fire Emblem: Awakening

@Kaiaa
He wants to play at the same time as me. BUT. He also wants to send me garbage, hit me with the net and axe, and put pitfalls around my house ._.
But he's just as happy playing by himself, as long as I sit there and watch him the whole time because he just likes me watching him go fishing and prevail in all the mini games and stuff.

If you can transfer characters, then that will work. But either way, he's not exactly gentle with my electronics, which is why the flame red has chips and dents in it ._. So I'm actually not really going to let him touch this one.. BUT if he seriously wants to play with me, It doesn't bother me at all to let him have a characters if that's what he wishes

No offense but has your fiance EVER owned a video game system?

Yeah, but that has nothing to do with this thread, now does it? :3

Maybe I a just ****ed up idk

but if you bought the purple one back in September 2012, that's like what 4/5 months old?
If you say it just has 'hardware issues' can't you just take it back and get it replaced because of warranty?

@Jake
I already explained why I'm not bothering to take it back to Nintendo in the last page, feel free to reread it ^^

Coming into this discussion it sounded like you already had your mind made up. All I can think of is look for better deals online/trade them

No, I actually made my mind up when a few other members agreed that I should enjoy my XL and if he wants to play, he can buy his own or make a character in my town. Either way, he left this morning, my purple DS is gone, along with its charger, and my red is sitting in its cradle. I can assume he left my flame red on purpose because its in a clear view. He left a note saying "welcome home pinky tonight"
I was confused at first but pinky obviously is for the PINK XL lol

Back