• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Conflictions

I'm sorry, but I'm just really confused as to why you need so many 3DS's to begin with. I have mine from May of 2011 and have never felt even the slightest urge to need another one. And I doubt I ever will need another one. I never got a new DS even after my DS broke because I knew that the next generation handheld (the 3DS) would come out and most likely have backwards compatibility.

So I just really don't understand...

@Envy
May I ask what you're talking about?
I have 2 3DS. One is mine and one is my fiance's. how do I have "so many"?
o_O

GameStop took it in, even after My fiance told them the issues with it. They just reformatted it and called it a day. I don't know if that actually solved the problem... If it was that easy, Nintendo would've just told me.

GameStop took it in, even after My fiance told them the issues with it. They just reformatted it and called it a day. I don't know if that actually solved the problem... If it was that easy, Nintendo would've just told me.

So did everything go ok? Is your fiance ok with it and all??

@Hamusuta
My fianc? bought it. Traded in the midnight purple 3DS for it. At first, he was just trying to buy me a 3rd 3ds (the pink/white XL) without trading anything in and I told him not to, so he took the purple, and exchanged it, paid the difference, and now, he's been nonstop playing the XL and fire emblem ._. So yeah, I can safely assume he's ok with it lol

Grrr... and that's what I hate about gamestop: I have bought several defective items from them (both game carts and systems). I don't give them my money anymore.

I will say I was very concerned reading the thread that you would trade in a defective system: then very happy that you told Gamestop it was defective.

Then pissed when game stop just took it!

The person who ends up with that purple 3ds won't have the 1 year warranty. Can you imagine going home with your new 3ds only to find it busted? It's just not right. I am continually perplex with the fact that Gamestop continues to get away with selling junk!

Shame on Gamestop!

(and while I'm at it: shame on Nintendo for not fixing it properly in the first place: or at least exchanging it...)

I am glad that you and yours are having fun with the new systems! I love my XL.

When you really think of it though, it isn't GameStop. It's the employees. They really don't care so gamestops reputation get tarnished because of employees like them.

I worked at a pharmacy/convenience place for 6+ months and I would have people yell at me for not carrying the same product or it being a different price than a sister store of the company. I would calmly let them know that yelling at me won't solve the issue because I don't control the prices, nor do I control what comes in as products through the store, and neither does the manager, and the only people who control it are those who work in headquarters and do all the item planning and stuff for the stores. And each store has varying prices due to location. Some people don't care and continue to yell, but I just walk away then and direct them to the manager.

It is a shame that Nintendo didnt fix it properly, because it worries me that they won't bother to fix it again if someone buys the 3DS and sends it in themselves. (Even though they don't have the year warranty, whoever buys it has until December to get it fixed since I added it to my Nintendo account and got an extended 90 days to it)

Back