• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Coronavirus with working

RL8775

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
5010-5396-4243
I hate to bring up this overhyped ass virus on this game network, but I have to ask. I am in between jobs, and here in the US I keep hearing talk about everyone stay home. The thing is who can afford to stay home!? I have to work, so basically if we get a full lockdown, who is gonna pay my bills? So they are basically saying they are gonna prevent people from working, and while isolating this virus, we default on everything and lose our homes, cars, everything?! They cant possibly lock this place down, how the hell are people gonna work? Can someone shed some light on this? Or basically Im gonna lose everything.

First, the media is hyping everything up way too much. I don't believe there will be a full lockdown any time soon.

If there is, it will be handled when the time comes. For now- things are not as bad as the media is telling us. Especially in the US.

Second, if our country did go full lock-down, the government may have to pay us in a welfare format. This would be beyond the point of too expensive. It's still a huge mystery.

Please don't let our government, states, media, etc, worry you.

Last edited:
Thank you, that helped a lot. It does seem very overhyped to me, basically you have 2 different people now, people who are hyping and freaking out, and people like us. My worry is I am applying for jobs now, and will they have hiring freeze and the lockdown, I am concerned about paying my bills and not losing the roof over my head, and my car, NOT this hype! Totally agreed Monday

Yeah, the media has been exaggerating things greatly but do prepare for the worst, just in case. None of us really know what'll happen within a few months time. My state just announced the closure of all bars and restaurants so my fiance has been laid off for at least a month. He's filing for emergency unemployment. I'm not sure if all states have that option but definitely look into it! I know some utility companies are excusing overdue bills and such too.

I wish the government would help out the lower classes but knowing how corrupt it is.. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. Honestly, this whole thing is beyond scary. Shutdown or not, the entire world has hit a massive loss and I don't see things going back to exactly how they were before.

In California, a few counties are going on "shelter in place" which literally just means "PLEASE stay inside unless you absolutely necessarily need to go to work or to the store because you ran out of essentials." A lot of non-essential businesses have closed down, but there is a lot off generous businesses/landlords/people who are making sure people are getting paid leave and don't have to pay rent or utilities and such during this hard time. Not everyone of course, but still, a lot of people are doing what they can to help their employees and businesses stay financially supported during this rough time.

And YES. The media is playing this up. But, it's still something to take seriously. Everyone needs to find the balance.

In France we are in full lockdown mode. We even got a SMS on the phone telling us to stay at home. Only the most necessary jobs are going, no larger group of people than 5 and you are not allowed to go anywhere, besides to buy groceries or ofc hospital in emergency case. And the people are getting 80% of their usual salary paid. Not gonna lie, it's scary go get a message on your phone that tells you to stay at home.

See that’s the thing for France you said they’re getting paid. My thing is if they want everyone at home 24/7 then something has to be done about bills. My only hope is this won’t affect income to the point where we start losing stuff.

Yeah, if they force people to stay at home, they better pay them. I hope for you in case it's happening, that they will come up with a good plan!

Yeah, if they force people to stay at home, they better pay them. I hope for you in case it's happening, that they will come up with a good plan!

Thank you so much, we’ll see if we get a full lockdown or not. If not I cans at least go to work and only out for essentials. Mipha I’m adding you on new leaf and NH friends :)

Thank you so much, we’ll see if we get a full lockdown or not. If not I cans at least go to work and only out for essentials. Mipha I’m adding you on new leaf and NH friends :)

Alright! I will do the same later. I currently spraypaint my Joy Cons, so it might take a while for the Switch, as I hate using it without them. :b

Back