• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Day 458 - My Virtuous Villagers

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Greetings again from all of us in Storrs. Today was a positively gorgeous day, rainbow and all!

View attachment 235711

It also seemed like everyone in town was talking about our new neighbor, Melba. Fang had a delivery for her, saying it was something she had mentioned wanting. That was impossible since today is only her first day out in town, so I just assumed that Fang was being all modest about buying our new friend a welcoming present. I eagerly took it and vowed to pass it along when I found her later.

Just after that conversation, I ran into Chief.

View attachment 235712

Aw, Buck must have introduced himself today too. My villagers are so hospitable. :')

Soon enough, I came upon Melba's house and Melba was inside. I was glad, since I could see how she decorated her new house! It was somewhat of a random combination of furniture, but it was still cute. Just like Lolly's house used to be.

View attachment 235713

She asked for the Cafe Tee I was carrying, and offered me her Speedway Tee for it. I accepted, and then handed over Fang's present. It was a Gray Tartan Tee she had apparently been wanting, and she changed into it right away.

View attachment 235714

I had to admit it looks cute on her, but this had to be the fastest ruination of an "original" villager I have ever had. x) She thanked me with a Persimmon. I'm glad that my villagers went the extra mile to make Melba feel so welcome her first day in town.

Outside of Melba's, I found Buck. He had a lot to say about the rainbow, that he would have missed it had Felicity not pointed it out to him. He said rainbows always make him feel like he's gotten a present. I had to agree, that was a very accurate way to describe it. After that, he mentioned that he had read too far into Fang and Greta's relationship. But...I thought Greta had a thing for Chief? I'm awfully confused by this mouse. Maybe she's purposefully trying to start drama in town. Typical snooty behavior. I sure am glad Whitney isn't that bad!

Moving on, I found Felicity by the cobblestone bridge, as usual. She said she wanted something to replace her Pep-Squad Tee and I rejoiced. I had the perfect thing. I stopped in Re-Tail to pick up her Handcart, when I noticed she had just put her Grass Standee up for sale. Villagers, why do you do this to me? That's a more important piece for her home, so I passed on the Handcart opportunity this time and gave the Grass Standee back to her. She was very pleased, as if it was brand new to her, and thanked me with a Corinthian Post.

Since I took my stroll through town in the opposite direction this morning, the last thing I happened upon was the tent in the campsite. Today's camper was Gaston. Taking a vacation from Camellia, perhaps? He never suggested moving to Storrs or even playing any camping games, so we talked a bit about different foods of camping tradition before I left him to his business.

View attachment 235715

After the typical routine of having my fossils checked and selling them to Reese, I headed up to Main Street for my obligatory search of the shops. I ran into Greta at the Emporium; Apparently she was in a bad mood.

View attachment 235716

And that was the first time I've ever seen her eyes...
This mouse (rat?) definitely needs to go. Soon.

To finish off the day, I paid off the donation for the Flower Arch (since I forgot to last night), and patronized Sahara for a new wallpaper and carpet. I got a Tent Wall and Mossy Carpet, the latter being an exclusive. I rather like it; Maybe I can find some use for it later on down the road.

That's all I have to report from this Thursday in Storrs!
Hopefully I'll have more good things to share with you all tomorrow. :)

Attachments

• HNI_0057.JPG
    HNI_0057.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 391
  • HNI_0059.JPG
    HNI_0059.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 16
  • HNI_0060.JPG
    HNI_0060.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 15
  • HNI_0064.JPG
    HNI_0064.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 15
  • HNI_0070.JPG
    HNI_0070.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 15
  • HNI_0074.JPG
    HNI_0074.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 15
That rainbow is beautiful! I haven't seen one in my town for a while; hopefully they'll start showing up soon.

Also, I'm glad that your villagers are being so nice to Melba! :D

Back