• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Days 413 & 414 - The Ultimate BrOTP

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Back again from Storrs! Not much happened in town over the course of yesterday and today, so I figured it would just be best to compile both days into one post. Here goes.

Yesterday, Katie was in town. The opportunity never came to take her to another town, so I had to let her down that time. Buck was outside below the Station crossing and said he was too exhausted to deliver something he got for Chief. Chief was home, so I agreed to take it over there for him. I walked in on a sleeping Chief, and he was thankful that I woke him up. I gave him the gift (that turned out to be the Illusion Floor he wanted for some reason -- he'll never use it) and he thanked me with a Patchwork Lamp.

Felicity was below the Police Station and Cafe and wanted me to get her a piece of fruit. Since we were standing right by the town's row of perfect pear trees, I shook one down for her. She thanked me with a Ball Catcher.

As of yesterday, Becky is officially g o n e.

View attachment 235338

Now this area is back to being the empty void it was before she came to town. I don't have any particular plans in mind, but at least I'll have an open area to work with if any ideas do pop up later on down the road. Or a NICE villager could move in and put their house there. You know, just putting that out there.

Towards the end of patrol I found Colton by the river beside Fang's house. He asked me to trade my Patchwork Lamp for his Modern Wood Wall and I accepted just to make him happy. I really hope he doesn't display the lamp in his house but if he does, no big deal I suppose. It might even look nice there. Who knows.

At T&T, I bought two more fortune cookies. The first ticket I got was fortune #14: "Breathing underwater is rather easy, assuming you have gills." And the second was #37: "He who believes he has a pure heart is probably just a beast in denial." I got a Blue Pikmin (wrong kind!) and Triforce in exchange.

Before I ended my day, I stopped to talk to Colton again who at that point had drifted over into the plaza behind my house. He said he's always lucky to see me, since my fashions are so fantastic. Oh Colton. :blush: And then:

View attachment 235339

He went on to say that he feels he's in only a "neutral relationship with him," but that he would like to get to know him better. So it IS true. A total brOTP is forming. :'D

With that, I just had to talk to Buck once more before I called it quits. He called me out for a 'tongue-twister challenge' and rattled off the "she sells seashells by the seashore" about four times. Then he asked me how many s's there were. I went over the sentence once in my head and counted 8, multiplied by four, and guessed that there were 32. I was correct and he was very impressed with my math skills. I didn't get a prize, though. Huff. :p

NOW onto what happened today. Whitney was just outside of our houses, as per usual, and asked if I could get her an orange. I would have just ran back inside to grab one from my drawers, but I didn't recall having an orange in there in the first place.

Setting off on patrol, I found Katie in my town again. I hated to let her down for a second time, but I didn't have any plans to visit another town today. Just beyond where I found her, I noticed there was a tent in the campsite! Who could it be? Groucho. I'd never seen the likes of him before, but despite his rough looks he was rather nice.

View attachment 235340

Carrying on, I searched trough the forest for anything unusual and crossed the bridge to the town's line of fruit trees. I shook an orange down for Whitney and ran back home to give it to her. Fortunately she hadn't run off. She gobbled down the orange and thanked me with a Flower Pop Carpet.

I found Fang down by the town's trash can and he reasonably said if you're going to throw something away, not to miss. Just beyond that I hit the rock beside the Town Hall and I got ores for my efforts today! They were nothing but amethysts and rubies, interestingly.

Felicity pinged at me from the cobblestone bridge behind her house. She wanted a new catchphrase and, though I like 'mew', I told her to go back to saying the 'mon'amie' that I feel suits her quite well.

After patrol, I found Buck whistling happily behind the plaza. I wondered who he had been talking to that got him in such a good mood. He said he had a gift for Fang, and I agreed to take it to him. I found Fang by the bench in front of the Station, also whistling giddily. That answered that. I wondered why Buck couldn't have just given Fang the gift since they obviously had just conversed, but he did say he was the "strong, silent type." Whatever that means. Anyhow, I handed the gift over and Fang told me to guess the contents of the box. I guessed clothing but it was furniture, so I got no prize. Oh well, at least the deed was done and Fang was happy.

Before I went to Re-Tail to sell my things, I thought I would pick up the Classic Table I wanted to get refurbished for the Queen's castle. Literally JUST after picking it up outside of my house, Whitney came running over to me asking about it. I told her I had nothing of the sort and she seemed to believe me, so all was fair. :p In Re-Tail, I caught Lolly eyeing up Fang's Icy Shirt. I was tempted to let her have it, since I think it would look nice either on her or in her house, but I really want Fang to buy it back.

After I sold everything and placed my order with Cyrus, I headed up to Main Street for some errands and routine shopping. I stopped by the post office first to mail my letter to Lolly with the Blue Dresser I ordered for her. While I was there, I thought I would ask Pelly about any new DLC items and sure enough, she gave me the Gemini Closet.

At T&T again, I purchased two more fortune cookies. I got #14 and the Blue Pikmin again today, along with another #44 and Bad Bro's Stache. Not such a fortunate day, I suppose.

And that does it for this iteration of Life in Storrs, I'll see what I have for y'all next time around!

Attachments

• HNI_0051.JPG
    HNI_0051.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 14
  • HNI_0061.JPG
    HNI_0061.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 15
  • HNI_0069.JPG
    HNI_0069.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 14
Aw, sounds like Colton and Buck are getting along very well!

I sometimes wish the villagers would change around their wallpaper or carpet, just to shake things up. I love Apollo, but that stone floor in his house just has to go...

And, you may want to ask Luna about any Dream Suite visitors sometime soon. Just saying. XD

Back