• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Days 453 - 455 - Curiouser and Curiouser

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Hello everyone! Apparently I'd gotten my days out of whack since I just used a date calculator, so the days in the title are less than the days I was actually gone. Anyhow, I am back from my vacation and excited to share what happened in Storrs this weekend with you all! If you couldn't guess, it rained. A lot.

View attachment 235666

I only had time to play late in the evenings, so I don't exactly have much to report.

There was a camper on Thursday, Mathilda. She and her little joey were pretty cute, but I didn't ask them to move in.

I found Deirdre in her house, sick. But I could never help the poor thing since it was too late every night to get to the store for some medicine.

Friday, Chester's moving day came. I bade him farewell and the next day he was gone.

On Saturday, I dropped in Fang's house to find Buck there hanging out with him. I wasn't aware the two were developing a relationship, but it was nice to see them having a good time together.

View attachment 235658

Enough to adopt his catchphrase and matching outfits, apparently.

Yesterday there was another camper, Alli the Alligator this time. She was very fashionable and her name was so adorable (plus it's one of my best friend's names), so I really considered asking her to move in for a moment. But I figured that I couldn't really see her fitting in, so I passed on the opportunity.

View attachment 235659

I finally made it to the stores before closing yesterday, so I made sure to buy Deirdre some medicine. While I was upstairs looking at furniture though, the clock chimed nine and Timmy kicked me out. How unfair! In Wild World, you could stay in the store as long as you wanted if you were in there at closing time. I guess they're too good for customer satisfaction nowadays. :p

Now onto today! The most interesting things happened today since I was home and could play earlier, and for a longer time. First of all, I have great news to share: IT WAS SUNNY!!! If you've been following my blog, you'll know that it has been literally weeks since Storrs has seen the sun.

View attachment 235660

So I got to wear the new outfit I'd been planning, and it turned out to be just as enjoyable as I anticipated. Unfortunately after about two o'clock or so, it clouded up, but it never rained a drop so that's considerable progress.

After checking my mail and unwrapping a present from Chief, Whitney came over and asked me to get her an orange. I recalled that there were some oranges on the ground from the orange tree by Fang's, so I quickly ran up there to get one for her. She seemed to enjoy its flavor and thanked me with a Sleek Clock.

Then I set out on patrol as I usually do. I noticed that the fruit trees have turned the darker shade of green that they do in the peak of summer!

View attachment 235661

I wonder why the regular fruitless trees don't turn a darker green?

Buck wanted me to bury a time capsule for him and I did so, across the path from his house this time so I wouldn't have to remove a flower from beside it.

My fake rock was an ore rock, and it gave me one of each different kind. I love it when they do that, like a little rock rainbow. x)

View attachment 235662

The rest of patrol went quietly, and I eventually made it to Re-Tail to sell my things. I noticed a new item up for sale today -- Fang's Classic Sofa. Darn Fang, that was so perfect in his house. So I bought it, and put it back up for sale at half price.

I went back to Nook's to check up on my HHA score. 909,000 points! How high does it go anyway? I only have four rewards from the theme challenge, so surely there should at least be a couple more. Lyle commended me on all of my rooms expressing the fairy-tale theme, and mentioned the fact that the basement isn't graded. I'm so confused about that.

Whitney wanted me to buy her Ranch Flooring for 1,400 bells and I agreed to make her happy. I took a second dose of medicine to Deirdre and she said it made her feel significantly better.

Okay, now for what is really interesting. I got a lot more dirt on Greta and Chief today. First of all, Greta had a gift for Chief, something that he said he wanted and she went out and bought for him. When she asked me to deliver it for her, Chief was right there.

View attachment 235663

As I was going to hand it over to him, Greta wandered off. *shrug*
It was a School Desk that Chief had been waiting for, and he really admired its handiwork before thanking me with a Bathroom Stall. He didn't say anything about Greta, so maybe whatever is going on between them is only one-sided. Greta trying to buy his affection? Seems likely.

Later, though...I went to the beach to deposit some of my new hybrids, when Chief came running over to me from behind one of the trees. After that conversation, there came Greta!

View attachment 235664

Were they taking a stroll on the beach together? Or is Greta just following him?
Neither of them said anything about the other, so we may never really know.

Aside from that, I thought I would visit a Wonderland-themed dream town for some inspiration. Particularly, I was just hoping I could possibly snag this QR code from a wandering Wendell, but alas he was not there.

View attachment 235665

I love it so much! I was going to put it up beside Colton's house in the forest before I realized there was no code for it. I did snap some pictures of some other ideas I liked, so look forward to seeing them implemented in Storrs some time in the near future. ;D

I went with a different design for the face board I recently set up, since there is no Tweedledee/Tweedledum design like I was hoping for. I'm not going to share a picture just yet, since I'm kind of planning on having a tour of the path up to the Queen's castle stretch out over a few days before I get to the castle itself. And I can only start that when I get the castle finished. Hopefully I can do all of that soon, since I'm really looking forward to it myself.

And that's all for this weekend in Storrs! Until tomorrow dear readers, when I'll be back with more. :)

Attachments

• HNI_0078.JPG
    HNI_0078.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 10
  • HNI_0080.JPG
    HNI_0080.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 10
  • HNI_0088.JPG
    HNI_0088.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 9
  • HNI_0095.JPG
    HNI_0095.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 9
  • HNI_0097.JPG
    HNI_0097.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 9
  • HNI_0003.JPG
    HNI_0003.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 9
  • HNI_0013.JPG
    HNI_0013.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 10
  • HNI_0010.JPG
    HNI_0010.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 11
  • HNI_0074.JPG
    HNI_0074.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 306
It's adorable that Fang and Buck are becoming good friends! Things between Chief and Greta are getting interesting as well.

By the way, I love your outfit! :)

I'm glad you're back! Playing late is always hard because not much happens. I've had to do that a lot recently too. :c

I'm sad to hear that Dierdre is sick! Ugh, I hate when I get kicked out of the shop too, especially if I'm about to buy something I really want. :1

I like your outfit! It's really cute. c: I'm glad that the sun finally showed up so you could wear it! I'm excited for what you have to post about your town and its layout in the future. Best of luck with those designs!

Back