• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Days 547 - 549 - Granting Wishes and Saving Lives

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Hello, everyone! Greetings again from Storrs. I've been neglecting to post lately because I haven't done much around town besides the daily formalities since I've been preoccupied with some other things (namely, redecorating my room, playing Final Fantasy VIII, etc). Anyhow, I think I've finally gotten enough stuff to share and make a decent post, so let's get on with it. :)

Day 547

Tuesday was a very boring day. I changed into a new outfit and set off on my patrol of the town. Lily asked me if I hang out much with Melba, and told me how she likes to lend her books. She didn't know her very well yet, she said, but anyone who likes to read is fine by her. I ran into Buck and Chief outside of their houses, probably the only time I've seen Buck actually outside all week.

View attachment 236377

Well, why don't you ask him. :rolleyes:

Aaaand that was pretty much it for Tuesday!

Day 546

Now yesterday was far more eventful. My villagers seemed to be especially needy. First of all, Whitney had ordered something Felicity asked for, and asked me to deliver it for her. I took the package with me as I set out to see what all was happening in town.

Shortly into my walk, I ran into Colton.

View attachment 236378

Well I don't see anything unusual about the two! I think they seem like good friends that like to rough up on each other, particularly about who has the best decorations in their house. :p Really, they seem to do that a lot.

A little bit later, I found Chief where I usually do: Where he says is his favorite spot to take a stroll.

View attachment 236379

As you can see, it was very late, so whether he had slept in very, very late yesterday, or he literally went the entire day without eating...I was very concerned. He asked me for a peach and I dropped all I was doing to get one before my friend passed out. It seemed to make him feel better, and he thanked me with a Time Clock. Although I think the real reward here was potentially saving my friend's life.

Buck was home (again) and this time he asked me if I would catch a river fish for him. I told him that I would, and made sure not to forget about it later. Felicity was out and about beside of her house and she gave me a peach, just because. Well if only I'd talked to her a little sooner, maybe I could have saved a tree. :p

After that, I remembered her present from Whitney and handed it over to her.

View attachment 236380

Aw! I opened it there to find a Kiwi Stool inside. I didn't particularly want it, but I was very flattered by the gesture nonetheless. :)

Since it was too late to check out the shops, I sold all I was carrying to Reese and made sure to grab my fishing rod for Buck. I caught the first fish I saw which, coincidentally, happened to be right outside of his house, and went inside to hand over his new barbel steed. Only then did I realize he already had a barbel steed inside his house, but he didn't seem to mind and thanked me with a Seven-Ball Tee for my hard work.

Day 547

I got a much earlier start today, and found Whitney outside of my house while I was reading the new letter I had from her in my mailbox. She said she finally got what I said I wanted, a Hanten Shirt, and I told her that I said nothing of the sort. As a reward for my "brutal honesty", she let me have the shirt for free.

Right beside of my house, I ran into a wandering Sahara and decided to patronize her since we were so close. And yet, I kept losing her...

View attachment 236381

Apparently, that gap between my bamboo stalk and the cliff was too narrow for her to fit through. xP So I took her the long way around my hedge and into my house. After she shook my room up (literally!), I went in to find the Ramshackle Wall and Lunar Surface that she hooked me up with, which..at least matched my rococo furniture, I had to admit. And one was an exclusive, at least!

View attachment 236382

After I took them down and put my normal wall and floor back up, Whitney came in for a surprise visit, saying that she was "just in the area." She's always in the area! Nevertheless, I was happy to have her over. She gave me a Space Console for my time and saw herself out shortly after.

Later, I ran into Fang and he asked me to get him a piece of fruit. I grabbed a peach I shook down yesterday and gave it to him in exchange for a Lite Polka Shirt. Melba pointed out how she says "aroof" a lot, which I just noticed the other day when she picked it up from Fang. I eagerly agreed to give her a new catchphrase and settled on "guvna", which I think suits her very well.

The rest of the day went normally: Digging up fossils, having them assessed and sold, checking out the shops, and purchasing any seasonal items I didn't already have. As Halloween draws nearer, I hope everyone gets adequately prepared!

Sorry for yet another heavy post; Seems like I can always make a long post out of nothing. xD But anyway, thanks for reading. Until next time~!

Attachments

• HNI_0054.JPG
    HNI_0054.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 18
  • HNI_0057.JPG
    HNI_0057.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 17
  • HNI_0058.JPG
    HNI_0058.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 21
  • HNI_0064.JPG
    HNI_0064.JPG