• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Debate forum?

DSFAN121

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I think there should be a debate forum, where someone posts a topic bringing up an issue, and we all debate on it. I really like debating, so I think there should be one. I'd definitely be more active if one was added.

I already brought it up to Storm. Last time I checked, it was denied.

If you guys want to try and start a poll about it go ahead.

DSFAN121 said:
I would, but I'm "not at the right rank". -_- (which is stupid)
If you mean the polls, than pm a staff member with the title and poll questions. I'm sure they'd be glad to do it.

As I've said a million times over, the new ranks will be better.

Koehler said:
The poll post limit was lowered. I'm not sure what it is now though.
You should be able to post polls from the beginning.

And if there are people here who are too immature to debate respectfully, and the debate forum would be bad, then it makes sense not to have one.

I don't like this idea. It could get heated and turn into flaming... If someone asked "Who is the best presidential candidate?" then it would most likely escalate into a big argument, not a debate. Everyone looks at things from a different perspective, and some people's views might be a lot stronger than someone else. All it takes is one person to cross that line.

Jman said:
I don't like this idea. It could get heated and turn into flaming... If someone asked "Who is the best presidential candidate?" then it would most likely escalate into a big argument, not a debate. Everyone looks at things from a different perspective, and some people's views might be a lot stronger than someone else. All it takes is one person to cross that line.
Like I said, that's only if the people here are too immature to be respectful to each other. *coughminocough*

Jman said:
dragonflamez said:
Everywhere is the debate forum, so why bother?
Exactly. We've had one all along. :p
I agree.

And Mino? He hasn't posted here for a while, now, and him being an example of too immature... he's not even close to the most immature member here.

The original reason for us not having a debate board was the fact that everyone was trying to discuss politics. The problem with the way certain members debated it made them seem more powerful because of their views and all other views were wrong. So it lead into huge flame wars.

Saying we're too immature to handle it though is a little crude imo.

OddCrazyMe said:
The original reason for us not having a debate board was the fact that everyone was trying to discuss politics. The problem with the way certain members debated it made them seem more powerful because of their views and all other views were wrong. So it lead into huge flame wars.

It's really a combination of what you said and what DSfan said.

Right now, based on how this forum is now I really strongly disagree in adding a Debate forum at this time unless it is a locked forum where only certain members can join. That is the ONLY way a Debate forum may work out. However, even then we may still have problems.

OddCrazyMe said:

Not just politics. Religion, etc. I love debating religion and politics, but TBT is just not the place to do that. If we had a theme that was centered around these topics, that would obviously make more sense. However, the members of gaming forums are not the kind of people that can usually debate these types of things in a mature way (if you know what I mean). However, if you'd personally like to debate me on the topics, PM me and I'll chat on AIM/MSN. =p

OddCrazyMe said:
I never said for sure anyone was, just there may be people here who can't do it. If so, there's no reason to have one. And like Storm said, there isn't much of a reason to do it on TBT anyway. So yeah, no debate forum.

Storm: I'll chat with you soon. :p

I do belive it would attract more members though storm and that is why you can section it off to another fourm on the site.

Back