• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Deleting blog entries

Alolan_Apples

Old > New
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Recently, I deleted two of my entries written after my 300th blog entry. One of them has my infraction history I chose to share, while the other was about my complaints on the TBT Marketplace and the falling prices.

In case if you’re wondering, I rarely delete blog entries. When I make a blog post, it tends to stay there. If I know the entry may be a liability (like when I once planned on sharing a list of quotes that bothered me on this site), I would refrain from posting. I also planned on posting many political entries (such as the liberal hypocrisies of Columbus Day, worst protests in history, and the differences between the Masterpiece Cake Shop and the Red Hen Restaurant), but I thought before I posted, and never written them ever. They never even made it to drafts. Therefore, blog entry deletion is extremely rare, especially if they’re an older entry.

However, I don’t mind deleting entries that were published after the latest “100” mark. But I’m not going to crack down on the already-published political entries. The ones that were deleted were deleted for a reason. So far, I deleted a total of six entries. One of them was force-deleted by a moderator, so I have five deleted blog entries I can still visit. Here’s why:

• The force-deleted entry and some other entry were duplicates due to how this site gets very laggy. While it happened to us a lot on the forums, it rarely happens on blogs. And when it did, it screwed me over big time. So I had to delete what was duplicated.
  • One of the other deleted entries signaled that I will be offline since I was going out of town. But that was back when I set my phone settings to block all cookies, which prevented me from logging in. And my iPad was able to connect to the Wi-Fi from where I was visiting. Since the entry was needless, I deleted it.
  • I also made an entry that explains why I would be fit for the moderation team as I dreamed of becoming a moderator. Someone pointed out that this is campaigning, which is against the rules when filling out an application, and suggested that I delete it. And so I did.
  • I deleted the infraction entry since it wasn’t blog-worthy. I didn’t mind sharing my warnings, and I don’t blame others for my warnings, but that is not a good subject for my blog. In case if you’re wondering, I have seven of them, one of them being an infraction.
  • The latest one I deleted was a complaint I had about the TBT Marketplace. I tried to come up with valid points about how I don’t like how people won’t accept collectibles at prices they once were, but looking back at the entry, it sounded childish, especially for a 25-year-old. That, and the entry is hypocritical (I bought a Frost Egg for 1,000 TBT, but complained about people not paying for the price I expect). And yes, I believe hypocrisy is one of the most evil traits to have. Anyway, I had to give in to the lower prices, got the eggs sold, and four months later, I sold the chocolate cakes. I’m back to the balance I want to be at, but the entry I written before was regrettable. I have to start accepting low prices until the new AC game comes out.
I remember back on LBPC, I tried to be more dominant than others in the blogging section, but now, I don’t care if I’m the blogging king or not. I don’t delete out of cowardice. I delete because I don’t feel they belong on blogs. I have fewer deleted entries than drafts. And I have fewer drafts than pre-written entries that are rejected. If you have any questions, please leave a comment and I’ll answer your question as soon as I see it.

How do you even delete them? :O To my knowledge, deleting is not a thing on BTF

You go to edit blog entry and “go advanced”. At the top, you can see a delete box. Check the box, and choose to delete, and hit the delete button.

And yes, you can’t delete posts on this site since rulebreakers tend to do this to get away with drama, but you can delete blog entries. I just don’t do it because I don’t want to delete entries.

Back