• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Diaries?

Winona

wнιle тнe ocean вlooмѕ…
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
October Birthstone (Opal)
Tasty Cake
I don't know if you're familiar with it, but here in Germany people always wrote a lot of Animal Crossing themed diaries and posted them in forums and on blogs or other websites. They wrote an entry per day or week or so, summarizing what happened to them and adding some photos to it. I always liked that, to read about the previous games before actually playing them myself.

While I've been able to read english diaries while waiting for a European release of City Folk and Wild World, I can not find any diary about New Leaf yet. I would even read Google translated Japanese diaries, but I heard that some of the people here already have the game as well.

Is no one in the mood to write such a diary for those waiting for the game? :)
Or do you know a diary out there (I couldn't find any via Google)?
:)

I have a diary/ blog started, but I won't have the game until it comes out in NA because I can't read/speak Japanese. Right now, it's just my character's reactions to different things she has learned about her new home.
http://esterin3d.tumblr.com/

I had started one for both Wild World and City Folk. It was kind of a combination of daily adventures, guides/findings, opinions, and contests. I plan to start the same thing up again when AC:NL is out in NA. :lemon:

Keep in mind now though that this released in JP only a couple days ago. I'm sure a lot of little blogs will pop out in the near future. :p

I've been playing with the idea of starting a diary blog for when I get New Leaf. Maybe have a little comic on it too.

But I've never had and experience with blogs so I dunno if it'd be a good idea.

I have one on tumblr (miecrossing) but it is mostly just acnl things I've seen thus far. When it's released in the US I'll be posting just ACNL stuff from my game. So long from now. /sob

Yeah, I'm pretty sure more will be around when the English releases

I will most definitely be doing one when the game is out in English. :)

This sounds like a fun idea :D I would totally blog about my New Leaf adventures, I'm bound to be obsessed with the thing anyway lol

I might blog...or just start a thread here and post pics! Lol, I'm not sure. But I'm not getting it till it comes out in NA.

I'm thinking of making a Diary-esque fanfiction when I get the game, I've already planned out a backstory for my character (Not telling) this way I can put what I actually did each day but add more of a story to it. (I was thinking part of the way through the person who is actually meant to be the mayor turns up, thoughts?)

Hey guys!
I will, of course, write a diary when I finally get the game myself as well. I'm still not sure if I'll do a thread in this forum or a tumblr-blog though.

I am just confused that I can't find any japanese diary. I mean... diaries are popular, it seems. So why does not a single one of our japanese friends create one? It's really sad! But I look forward to all of your diaries and will read all of them for sure!

You guys who want to make diaries should make animal crossing dedicated tumblrs then! It's a lot of fun and there are SO many crossers there it's unreal. A really busy community. And they all usually post pictures as well. I'm just waiting for New Leaf to come out so I have new pictures to post on mine. Ever since my wi fi went kablooey for my wii for random reason that made me give up, I've been discouraged to play my City Folk :c

Anyway tumblr is a good way to meet other crossers too.

You guys who want to make diaries should make animal crossing dedicated tumblrs then! It's a lot of fun and there are SO many crossers there it's unreal. A really busy community. And they all usually post pictures as well. I'm just waiting for New Leaf to come out so I have new pictures to post on mine. Ever since my wi fi went kablooey for my wii for random reason that made me give up, I've been discouraged to play my City Folk :c

Anyway tumblr is a good way to meet other crossers too.

Do you know any tumblr-sites that already post New Leaf screenshots? I'm searching for new footage all day...
And if you say so, I will most likely decide for a tumblr-blog as well and post my diary there. Hopefully someone will read it then. :)

There are some that do I think. But there's a bit that just post screen shots they find on random sites.

Also sometimes there's actual streams of New Leaf and people will post the link to it on tumblr.

The people who stream it are http://www.twitch.tv/zedamex (Who i think is actually streaming now holy hell! great timing!) annnd http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/26812523 (Who has some of his previous recordings saved) Granted I think you're only interested in diaries but I thought I'd just mention this anyway)

And here's some NL blogs I think. I think it's their original content anyway http://sweetiebel.tumblr.com/ and http://pelshko.tumblr.com/ for starters.

If I were to make a blog about my Animal Crossing 3DS world, it would definitely be on tumblr. I already enjoy quite a few blogs from that site.

Only thing is, I don't know the first thing about blogs or anything so I'd worry my blog wouldn't look good and wouldn't attract any people. -.-;

If I were to make a blog about my Animal Crossing 3DS world, it would definitely be on tumblr. I already enjoy quite a few blogs from that site.

Only thing is, I don't know the first thing about blogs or anything so I'd worry my blog wouldn't look good and wouldn't attract any people. -.-;

I could help you a little. Maybe getting your layout set up or something and teach you some of the basics.

I'd say the best bet is to put Crossing in your url somewhere so if someone sees that you've clicked follow on them, they'll know you're another crossing blog. For example I always follow back blogs who are also AC blogs when they follow me. Example: My name on tumblr is daisycrossing.

If you want to get followers and people who will be more likely to read your stuff, I'd say make sure you tag any of your posts so they can publically be seen. (Granted it takes a few days for them to show up in public search results for NEW blogs to make sure you're not a bot.

umm what else was I going to say...hmm. Well another good way to get people to notice you is if you post animal crossing drawings (If you're an artist)

I got maybe 30ish followers from adding people and just posting screenshots from my game. But I really started getting LOTS of followers when I started posting my art and doing free custom character icons (like the one in my sig)

Last edited:
Well I did plan on using my own drawings instead of screenshots from the game, since I probably can't transfer them that easily. Plus I planned on sharing my patterns by making copies of them in MS Paint. So it's good that's popular in the community!

Though my art probably wouldn't look as nice as yours! Though I am pretty proud of my and Agent Kite's avatars since they're the first avatars I made myself. ^^ Luckily for me I tend to draw animal characters better than human ones! xD

Back