• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Difficult to Decide on Villagers...

What cranky villagers should I have?

• Keep your original choices, Cyrano and Octavian.

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Drop Cyrano for Knox, who is more thematically appropriate.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Just take all three Crankies. You'll still have at least one of every personality, and gender ratio

Votes: 16 80.0%

• Total voters

Nayab

Attack Eyebrows
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Pear (Fruit)
So, my town Lynna is a Zelda/Medieval themed town, and I've decided on my dreamies already but I'm at a bit of a loss now that I've discovered a villager that escaped my noticed before.

Cyrano the Cranky Anteater is one of my original villagers who greeted me at the train station. He's not very Zelda-esque or medieval-esque, but he's really grown on me (I mean, he's my avatar!) and I landscaped around his house to make him into a sort of grouchy farmer, so he does fit in the town.

My other dreamy is Octavian the Octopus, who's also Cranky. I love him because he looks like an Octorok from the Zelda series and is pretty perfect for my town.

The villager I just discovered exists is Knox, the Cranky Chicken. He wears a golden knight helmet and I'm a big fan of his design. Plus he'd go really well with Sterling, another dreamie I haven't gotten yet. If he was any other personality type I'd make him my tenth dreamie (I only have 9 atm) but having three Cranky villagers might be a lot... plus, I wanted a 5:5 male:female ratio.

So basically, I wanted to poll about my options.

I love both Octavian and Knox and have both in separate towns. I would say to get rid of Cyrano, but since you put the work into landscaping around his house to make him fit in more, you may as well keep him.

That said, I suggest you just add Octavian and Knox. I have both Knox and Sterling in my bird town and they fit together great. Each individually would feel sort of incomplete if the other wasn't around, in my opinion.

Last edited:
I'd probably choose Knox plus either Cyrano or Octavian. I think gender and personality balance is important too. In my opinion, Knox is too good to pass up so use either him or one of your original dreamies.

Thanks for the opinions! After sleeping on it, I actually decided on a fourth option that I didn't think of earlier: keep Cyrano and get Knox, then swap out Octavian for Marina. I wasn't a fan of Marina's metal house exterior, but then I'm also not a fan of Octavian's house interior with all its space-themed furniture. Marina's pretty adorable, and still passes as an Octorok even if she isn't red and angry-looking.

I would take in all 3 crankies and see how you go. It may turn out that you don't actually like Knox or Octavian and then you can swap one of them out for someone else later in the line.

I would get all three. From all the personalities, crankies and uchis have the most interesting and different dialogue imho!

I think you should take all three :) If you then figure out that three of the same personality (and 6 males + 4 females) doesn't fit you then you can reconsider it when you have got them all.
This was excactly how I felt when taking in Fuchsia... I already had two uchis, but when I got her in I didn't really notice c:

On a side note, if you are looking for Sterling, I have him in one of my towns. If you want him, you can have him when he pings about moving c: I personally think he is one of the better jocks!<3

Last edited:
I think you should take all three :) If you then figure out that three of the same personality (and 6 males + 4 females) doesn't fit you then you can reconsider it when you have got them all.
This was excactly how I felt when taking in Fuchsia... I already had two uchis, but when I got her in I didn't really notice c:

On a side note, if you are looking for Sterling, I have him in one of my towns. If you want him, you can have him when he pings about moving c: I personally think he is one of the better jocks!<3

Ooh, I'm looking for Sterling but I just filled my open slot with Ankha, another dreamie of mine. If someone pings to move out in my town and you still have Sterling I'll let you know :3

Ooh, I'm looking for Sterling but I just filled my open slot with Ankha, another dreamie of mine. If someone pings to move out in my town and you still have Sterling I'll let you know :3

Don't worry about making someone move out ASAP.
He hasn't pinged yet, and I honestly don't know how long it might take before he does, but I'll tell you when he do :3

Back