Figuring out Patterns to Gifts from Villagers

Do your villagers give you a new item for your catalogue if you give them a wrapped expensive gift?

• Yes, and I have a 5-star island.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Yes, and I don't have a 5-star island.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, and I have a 5-star island.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No, and I don't have a 5-star island.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • My catalogue is complete.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Today I got bad luck in money, but I paid for it to be purified. I'll be giving my villagers wrapped fossils, the ones that are part of a set because those seem to be worth more than the stand-alone fossils. Results:

5 new items from old villagers
1 wallpaper
2 floorings
1 new item from a new villager! I think I finally increased my friendship level with Renee!
1 item already in my catalogue from a new villager

1 more flooring/wallpaper than usual. It's probably random chance though.

Today I have good luck in belongings and am giving my villagers 2 wrapped oranges (non-native fruit). Results:

6 new items from old villagers
3 floorings
1 new photo (Thanks, Bob!)

Leonard, why?!! The problem with K. K. Slider's concerts is that my villagers don't want to get up and stop listening.

I'm taking a break from this game starting tomorrow so this will be my last post about a day's results. Unfortunately, I still have not figured out why villagers will suddenly switch from giving new items to only giving items already in my catalogue, but hopefully my posts will help anyone else who's curious in the future.

Today I have good luck in friendship and am giving my villagers 2 wrapped peaches (non native fruit). I think that all of my villagers have reached high enough friendship levels to not count as new villagers any more. Results:

9 new items
1 flooring

Wow, that was great! Nine new items!

To give more detail for any future individuals interested in this, the new items during the summer were ONLY summer clothes. During the winter, I'd get summer clothes, winter clothes, and occasionally furniture. I got a winter-only furniture item in the spring before I stopped getting new items altogether. To be fair, I'm only missing one winter clothing item so it might just be that random chance didn't land on that winter item instead of the possibility being blocked off.

Back