• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Do like the new look of the characters?

Do like the new look of the characters?

• Yes, I like the new look

Votes: 48 46.2%
  • No, I like the old look better

Votes: 17 16.3%
  • I like them equally / don't care

Votes: 39 37.5%

• Total voters
I like it a lot, I've been hoping for a different look to the game ever since Wild World. It's been ten years since the original, its about time they mix it up some.

Nintendo really didn't make good decisions making AC3DS. I mean, they get rid of Tortimer, they make YOU the mayor, and they completely change the graphics in a BAD way. Really, the fact that I point out that, "they make YOU the mayor," is because its a game where you're supposed to be able to stop and smell the roses, and not have to save some princess or find out where some meteor came from (Earthbound Reference :D). Nintendo really took a chance on this. We'll see if this affects their sales. If it does, hopefully they will change back to the classic look in the next version of Animal Crossing.

Nintendo really didn't make good decisions making AC3DS. I mean, they get rid of Tortimer, they make YOU the mayor, and they completely change the graphics in a BAD way. Really, the fact that I point out that, "they make YOU the mayor," is because its a game where you're supposed to be able to stop and smell the roses, and not have to save some princess or find out where some meteor came from (Earthbound Reference :D). Nintendo really took a chance on this. We'll see if this affects their sales. If it does, hopefully they will change back to the classic look in the next version of Animal Crossing.

No, what was happening was that people we becoming bored of the game after three months. So Nintendo decided that they should add some kind of structure to the game and give it a little plot. I think its a great idea, because I know if we got another game like Wild World or the original I would not play it because.. I already have.
While I do think its straying from the roots that made it so great I think its going to be a great addition to the franchise that many of us who have been playing the game since the original have been bored with ever since.

Also, you do not know that Tortimer has been taken out, it is not official.

And thirdly, you saying "Nintendo didn't make good decisions" is an opinion by yourself; I on-the-other-hand think its a step, if not destination, int he right direction.

I like the new look and it was probably done for 2 reasons one for a better 3D effect and two to make them look more like Miis AC:CF had a feature were you could wear your Miis mask but It would look weird and out of proportion. Having them stretched Would make it look like your Mii is actually in the world

Untitled-2copy.png

Last edited:
I like the cute, fat/round(?) characters more *v* But I'm fine with the new look, we don't want the same game to be remade over and over again, so new things are good! As long as they keep the original gameplay (or at least some of it), I don't care what things they add.

I liked the old ones a whole bunch, but I could get used to the new ones.
After all, I was only 8 when i got ACGC.
Now i'm 16, and i'm older. This will help show that!
But it would be nice to have an option of being tall or short. Because tall people and short animals don't really mix.

I prefer the older AC style in terms of characters, but I think that's mainly because of what I've been used to for years and years and years. If we had had the lanky models, I'd probably prefer them.

No matter what people look like, I can't imagine that game play will stray too far from its predecessors, and in the end, the game play is what keeps people coming back to Animal Crossing.

I don't mind the new look at all (however, girls do look strange when they wear the classic dress).
I think that the mii mask will look better now, as the character's bodys now look more like miis :)

I sort of prefer the new look. I have gotten bored with the old person, they're too short too me. But I think the reason they made the character taller is for new clothing items like pants or shoes.

It's because of the pants, shoes were in all other AC games and first became changeable in AC:CF - but I am going to like the pants/belts/skirts stuff :)

I'm still going to remain neutral on them. I'm just going to accept that this change was made for a reason - to allow greater customization for clothes and accessories. I actually think that's a very good thing because I've run out of ideas in Wild World. Too many of the clothes are made for boys and don't really look good on girls (IMO). So I hope that finally not needing to wear a skirt/dress allows for better outfit options.

Old thread much

A bump from around a couple of months ago is really not that old. Especially not old enough to justify you making a backseat modding post that contributes to this thread in no way for no reason.

Last edited:
So you want people to bump old threads that nobody cares about anymore?

Back