• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Do you bring your gaming consoles to school/college/university?

I don't really feel comfortable doing so. I used to haul around my Midnight Purple 3DS in my pocket to earn Play Coins to use in Animal Crossing New Leaf, but at some point that Midnight Purple 3DS' bottom screen began to have issues and became unplayable and I had to replace it. That might have been unrelated, but for lack of proof to the contrary I presume it to be from all the jostling and shaking of the internal components from my exercise.

I mean, for ACNL players I understand why we do bring our 3ds out sometimes because of its real-time nature. It?s meant to be taken out anyway because of streetpass.

I used to take my DS to school so that I could play with one of my friends, otherwise, I took my 3DS
with me because of Streetpass for while, also played with it a few times when I was at the bus or so.
But now I don't take them with me anymore. I enjoy it more to play at home, it's more relaxing.

I take my 3DS with me for StreetPass, even though I barely play anymore. Still need to get that gold badge.

I had some pretty long breaks between classes (uni) so i would bring my ds to cross some animals during my breaks. Back in the day When I was taking a lot of into classes in lecture halls I would just play in class if I was already familiar with the material. I would sit in the back in these classes so the professors wouldn’t notice. At my uni, the professors mostly don’t care what you do in their classes (if you’re on your phone/not paying attention or whatever), but I just didn’t want to be rude and have them know that I wasn’t really paying close attention.

Tldr; yes.

Last edited:
I brought my DS to school once and I was constantly worried about it. Not I have a proper bag for my Switch, but I really can't imagine myself bringing it to school or to work. I already feel awkward when I'm in the break room looking at my phone, I think sitting there with a Switch would be kinda embarassing for me. It's just so big and clunky. I just see it as home and travel entertainment. But to be fair looking back at my "DS at School" memory it feels like an overreaction.

I have done this before with the 3DS, but not with the Switch. But I don’t use it in class. I use it when I have time off.

Back