• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Do you consider personalities when choosing dream villagers?

I didn't at first but then I realized that I wanted PWP suggestions so I remade my list, trying to include one of each personality.

I got it for the most part.. but I just couldn't resist some of the cute 'normal' villagers.

For my dream villagers, I went through the list villagers from each personality and picked out my favorite villager for each.

But there are 8 personality types. So for the 9th and 10th dream villagers, I picked my second favorites from the two new personalities -- Smug and Uchi. So now I have one of each personality type, with two Smug and two Uchi.

no, not really. i don't pay attention to the personalities, i really choose villagers by their looks sadly. if they're cute, boom they're going on my dream list. not all on my dream list depends on looks tho. anyways it is really annoying when you have like more than one of the same personalities and they all say the same exact things to you. i'd know, in one of my old towns i had like 4 lazies.

I usually want to have one of each. I don't mind having two that are the same, but three or more makes me want a change.
In fact, two of the same one would be perfect except for the fact that you can only have 10 villagers per town. ;A; :D

I don't actually now my villagers personalities. I think Frita is uchi, I know Peck is jock and Bunnie is peppy. Oh yeah, Walt is cranky. So I have sort of a variety.

Well, not really. I chose them based on appearance, and their personalities don't matter that much. I like all personalities, but most tend to be cranky or normal villagers, which are my favorites anyways.

I always have to have at least one of each personality. Otherwise I'd feel my town is incomplete because I don't have access to some of the dialogue. Variety is good.

I did. I looked at the personalities I had, what ones I had but didn't like the villager, then looked online at lists of villagers with a certain personality type, and then I chose from that.

For my dream villagers, I went through the list villagers from each personality and picked out my favorite villager for each.

This is pretty much what I did as well.

I added another Normal to my list because I love too many of their designs, and the last spot is empty, and will probably just end up being a spot for unwanted villagers from other towns to move into.

I do. It's boring reading the same dialogue over and over.

Yes, in order to balance things out. Kinda important in New Leaf since certain PWPs are unlockable by certain personalities.

Yep. It bugs me if I don't have at least one of each personality, and from there I like to keep it as equal as possible.

I couldn't stand having a village full of just 2-3 personalities.

Yeah. I have several jock and peppy villagers in my town and it's starting to get really annoying.

I want one of each, so I have some variety and I can get PWPs. After that, I just choose whoever I like ^^

I don't really have dreamies as such, but I seem to like a lot of the normal villagers, so I need to try and get a bit more variety so I can get more PWP requests and such.

I do consider personality. At first I didn't (because I really don't care for any of the uchis all that much), but now that I have four jocks in my town, I've come to greatly appreciate variety in personality which is why I added Agnes to my dreamy list.

Back