Do you know of any other forums that have tradeable virtual items like in TBT?

Suguri

Yeah-yeah
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
0557-5119-2409
Island
Westward
Spooky Popcorn
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Purple Candy
Quirky Doll
Orange Candy
IDK if this is the right place to post this... but here we go!

So one of the reasons why I enjoy TBT the most is because they have an entire economy dedicated to virtual collectibles and other goods. So I've been thinking about it for a while and I was wondering, what forums have something similar? Or is TBT the only one you know of?

I did remember one other, it was a Mario Kart forum website known as MarioKartWii. Every month they had lovely looking collectibles, but the way to get them were handled poorly.
Every collectible costed 10k site currency, and getting said site currency was nearly impossible. A staff member would have to gift you 10k in order to get one. That clearly just wasn’t right…

The forums did shut down in I believe 2016, and that’s the only other forum site I know of that had collectibles.

Forums are kind of a dying breed so to find one that is similar to TBT and still around is probably like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I used to know of many like TBT, but they're either gone altogether or the site is still up and dead. Unfortunately it's just the way it is now. Social media has taken precedence. I personally don't care to get involved in them. I like the smaller community feel of forums.

When Avatar the Last Airbender was still airing, I had joined a forum dedicated to the show. It was very active and felt homey just like TBT does. Sadly it's not around anymore. The original owner that created the site (and for a while was recognized by Nickelodeon/the shows creators) gave the site up to a newer member when they went away for college and to move on with their life. It really went downhill under their management until the site just died. But they had cute profile trinkets based on the show.

there are dress up/play sites that have forums that have currencies on them, like Gaia Online, Chicken Smoothie or Flight Rising, but the forums aren't priorities on those like Bell Tree. there's still economies that can be engaged with through forums on those sites, tho, like selling and buying items, art trades etc.

There was a forum, idk if it is still around, that had digital collectibles similar to what we have here but they didn't allow trading. You could only acquire them through forum events. The forum was about chickens, I think maybe other livestock too, but I know chickens for sure because I was looking at chicken care. At the time an event was happening and I ran into their collectibles discussion.

I don't know of any but I don't think I would join them even if they exited. One is good enough for me!

There was another animal crossing forum I joined, I don't recall what it was called but seemed to be a TBT copycat. But it did have collectibles :lemon: .

I found a Pokemon one with collectibles but funnily they are not focused on much. Rather, everyone is spending their currency on Pokeballs to capture Pokemon that appear on the forum. I saw the collectibles can be gifted but I'm not sure if anybody is looking for them.

Back