• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Do you play truthfully?

Legit is the only way,
I use charts to get things at the right time instead, makes it really fun and you can play for a long time :)

I cheated in both AC and ACCF.
I barely played ACWW enough to cheat.
It ruins the game.

I won't time travel or gain infinite bells in NL. I'm already having a great time with it, I don't want to suck the fun out of it again.

I wont time travel either, it defeats the purpose of the game to me. I will not do it even though I will get my game in exactly one more week :p but I dont mind, I wont miss any events.

I am avoiding time traveling as well! Even when everything is closed, I still feel there is enough to do. I can just fish/catch bugs, visit people through Wi-Fi, etc.
Personally for me, I feel like it would ruin the surprise factor if you time travel too much since you get to experience all the new features within a few days/weeks rather than a whole month/year.

I time travel and I don't consider it cheating. I often don't have the ability to get on at the times that I'd like to, and I lose interest easily. I haven't made it very far past the first week, and there are likely days I'm going to miss playing, so I'll probably end up closer back to the original date anyway. When school starts again, I might just change the time to where it'll be a certain time when I get home in the evenings, but even then, weekends could cause some inconsistency. I just hope there aren't any major consequences for time traveling.

Btw, I try to never skip days and try to make the most out of the day that I'm in before going to the next one. I don't want my neighbors to move :)

I time traveled so that when I downloaded the game at midnight it was actually 10am so I could actually enjoy the game! After that it's all legit time for me.

Time traveling to get interest from the bank worked in Wild World, but they nerfed it for City Folk and New Leaf. Turnips are still where its at

I didn't when I played the first one, but when I picked it up again about three years ago I did. I wanted to get to the point I was at when I stopped :p (Sold my old GameCube and a lot of my games including AC /cries)

I did just a little for New Leaf, until I got the tools (sans watering can, which Nookling Junction still refuses to stock), paid off my tent (which I did in a day so it doesn't really matter) and talked to Sable a few times. I've got seven villagers now and won't time travel again unless I miss a huge holiday.

I tend to play truthfully the first few months, then I TT. But I have the japanese game too, so I'll probably TT that one and play the NA one legitimately all the time.

Not a big fan of time traveling.

Hacked items in City Folk were pretty cool though. Are there any hacked items here already?

You know what the biggest thing for me is with the New Leaf release is realising how so many people are against TTn and feel it as a cardinal sin and cheating. It's a big shock. It can be used in good or bad ways.

Primarly for me I TT until I have a solid monitary growing plan (trees) and in the appropriate areas I want. As well as getting the little initial bits of the game which feels so slow done.

(I hacked my town in CF and a had a werid town layout that no one else could have :p)

I figured out early what was the point in cheating, as the game doesn't really have an end I found it better to not cheat

I plan to play it truthfully :)

I duplicated items allllll the time in CF.

Not going there this time. It ruined a big part for me.

I am going to play "truthfully". It's probably easier to resist the urge with the gazillion things to do, anyway, unlike in WW.

I don't time travel, but my friend got it and started time traveling and got stuff that I didn't even unlock yet. It just messes up the whole game. :L

The only time I'll time travel is to do an event. I'd rather enjoy my Thanksgiving and Christmas in person than play AC all day to get the items. But even then I'll only travel back in time a day.

Back