Do you read reviews?

I don't normally read reviews for music/movies as everyone has their own tastes, so what one person likes, another will not. Some of the movies I've seen have low star reviews, but they are some of my favourites! I will watch a game review if I'm interested in buying it to check out the graphics. On the electrical side of reviews if I'm looking for something that is inexpensive or that I have an idea about then I'll chance it go for a good brand and good price. However, if it's something electrical or expensive then I will read reviews and watch video reviews of a product. :)

only when i'm buying stuff! although, sometimes after im done watching a film or series, i go look at some reviews as well.

I do if we're talking about stuff for sell. Or a seller's profile. You can get a good gauge on an item or profile depending on the level of reviews. Sometimes idiots review stuff, but if there's a pattern with the reviews there's usually a reason for it.

i love reading reviews, but not for books or movies. i like to be relatively surprised on that front.

I do if it has a lot of 1 star reviews and people are warning of a "Scam" than thats when I take it seriously, mostly when it comes to products.

In general just remember at the end of the day Reviews are all opinions. Not everyone is going to agree on what they think is better or worse. I don't read reviews because I like to go in with a open mind. Thats mostly whenever a new game is out.

I like reading IMDb reviews after watching a movie to see if I agree with what people are saying. I try not to read too much beforehand to avoid spoilers.

I do if it has a lot of 1 star reviews and people are warning of a "Scam" than thats when I take it seriously, mostly when it comes to products.

In general just remember at the end of the day Reviews are all opinions. Not everyone is going to agree on what they think is better or worse. I don't read reviews because I like to go in with a open mind. Thats mostly whenever a new game is out.
Yeah it's really good to gauge the quality of a product and or if something is too good to be true. Sometimes you got to weed through the idiot 1 star reviews and also the idiot 5 star ones that say something like 'It came in 4 days, very quick!' and it's like you're reviewing the product not the shipping speed that the seller has no control over.

Depends on the kind of media. If it’s for books I’ll check if Kirkus reviews covered it and if not I’ll look at the average rating on GoodReads. I never read the user reviews since they either gush on the books without listing their drawbacks, are personal attacks against the author, literally paid for by the author, or nitpick the book beyond belief. If the rating is below a 3.5 star average I don’t read it. Anything above I consider.

For games I never look at critic reviews since they’re rarely reliable at all. A lot of the time they feel like they’re either written by someone who doesn’t like or know much about the genre they’re covering or are by someone who seems very out of touch with video games in general. Remember when IGN rated Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire 7.8/10 because there was too much water? Other times they gush over high budget games for their spectacle rather than their actual quality. I enjoy Skyward Sword a lot despite its issues, but it is definitely not a 10/10 game like a lot of sites were giving it at the time of release. Instead I either read a bunch of Steam reviews or rely on word of mouth by actual players.

For movies, the rare times I actually watch them, I open Rotten Tomatoes and check the score and critics’ consensus. It’s not a perfect system or anything, but it gives me an idea of what to expect.

Not often. I do check movie scores for a general sense. Critics are usually watching with a different view point than me. If I see a score which is rated '0-10%' something is off about the movie. I value audience opinion more though.

Video Games are the ones I should look more into. If I had followed reviews, I would have never spent $50 on Kingdom Hearts Switch Cloud Version. It's actually unplayable.

I don’t usually read reviews. If I do, most of the time I skim it.Most of the time, I rather ask around like on here about a game over reading a review since here people are careful about spoilers and give me a better and more objective explanation that the reviews. If it is a new game, I like to find out myself rather than follow news about the game.

I used to enjoy reading reviews for fun, even if I’m not interested in the object itself. I don’t read reviews as often these days, but I sometimes still do as I’m a very opinionated person and like to know what other people think.

i read reviews for products i want to use, especially for more expensive stuff!

i try not to read reviews for media so i can make those judgements myself.

and for games, i think i rely more on word-of-mouth to see if i'll like it or not.

For games, 100%. I watch as many reviews as I can, especially the negatives 😂 I’d rather be spoiled on a game than spend money on something I’m gonna regret. That being said, I pre-ordered ACNH, but I was confident I’d like it.

Back