• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Do you share a name with your mayor?

If I have to be a boy in a game, I am Annex.
If I get to choose a girl character, I am Annie.
I have been doing this for years.My real name is very close to the two.

I have played every ac game so far, and I always name my town after my daughters middle name, which is "Joy".

In other games I did, but in NL, its Mango. So, no relation at ALL, except both of our names end in "-go".

...Kinda. My mayor's name is Jess, which is one of my nicknames.

I used to not like naming characters after myself until I played PMD2, where I felt more open about it. But I've only done it for like, two games since XD And like someone stated above if I end up playing as a guy, it's usually Devin. I dunno why

I like making up names usually. A lot of times I fail at that, though, so now I just name every female videogame character I have Fishie (and if I make a male character, he will be Froggie).

Kind of - I used a shortened version of my real name, which also happens to be my main identity online and the name which some people call me by in real life. My mayor is basically a mini version of me. :p

Of course. Because of the nature of the game, adding personification is more necessary than with other games, so my nickname that I use everywhere else (SolarInferno) is dropped. However I do use part of my nickname in my town's name Solheim (Solar's home).

In every Animal Crossing game I've ever played, I've always made my character have the same name as me. I dunno, I just get into the game more when the neighbours are calling me by my real name.

Uh-huuu, no, I did not. Lia isn't my actual name, obviously. My name starts with L and ends with a, but that's about all. I've never named my AC resident after myself. In a world of infinite possibilities, being yourself is just too limiting, at least in my opinion.

Nope. I hate my real name and I never use it for anything. I do wish I had given my mayor a different name, though, but I've used Akito for a lot of things, so It's still fine.

I do, which is odd for me. In every other game that requires you to put in your name, I almost always use the name Roy (in memory of one of my friends). In New Leaf, my mayor is named Reese, which is my real name.

and no I am not a girl btw

Yep, used my real name, but with fancy letters and a quaver (musical note) at the end.
Because I'm FABULOUS.
TPC.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm using my real name as my mayors name, my mayor is modeled after myself. In my second town, however, that is where I'm gonna go nuts with names and creations and fiction characters and stories. o3o

In my previous town, I used my real name for my mayor. In my new one, I use an alias. Clothes-wise and what my mayor wears in general are all portrayls of the side of me that I don't show in real life.

Last edited:
I named my mayor 'Leo', which is short for my name 'Leopoldo' ( and happens to be my nickname)

Mine is mikasa kindom dream code 4000-4411-4265 in case u want to come to my town

Back