• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Do you want kids? If so, what would you name them?

Do you want kids?

• Yes

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • No

Votes: 63 39.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 41 25.9%

• Total voters
I never want kids xD They're too expensive, noisy and my anxiety is terrible around them. I've lashed out at crying kids in the hospital waiting room before, in front of their parents.
I've also unconsciously thought to doing terrible things to my annoying nephew. So to all parents out there - discipline you're kids and keep watch over them because there are crazy psychopaths out there like me :(

I don't even know if I'll ever settle down with a partner yet (preferably with a man as I see more of a future with one than with a woman) and I'm like a child anyway.

I don't want kids until I'm 28~30, but if I do I'd want at least two since I grew up as an only child.

I'd preferably want both a girl and a boy. I would name the boy Ryan or Gavin and the girl Sohee or Lily.

Yes! I want two, three at most. I want at least one of each gender.

Boys:
Duncan Reid
Jackson (not sure on a middle name)

Girls: Sally Ann
Willow Grace

- - - Post Merge - - -

But not anytime soon lol. Im only 14 XD

I went through a phase of not wanting kids, but then I realized how amazing it would be to be able to bring more people onto this planet who can teach and raise to your own to help do what you couldn't. So yes, I want kids, but I want to find myself first, I think I want my 20s to myself, my 30s, now that's when I'd settle down. As for names, I really really don't know too much... I'm sure the names I like now aren't what I'd end up naming them anyway. I feel like I kind of want to give them a name that would be notable, so these will be a mix of normal and then kind of unusual name choices. For girls, Holly, Sabrina, Serena, America, Ione, Camilla, August, Indie. And for boys, Augustus, Quentin, Beau (short for Boniface or Beauregard).
Idk why but I feel so embarrassed talking about baby names idk idk idk.

Last edited:
I think about wanting kids a lot, actually. Personally, I think babies are so cute. I have four little brothers and I really love children. I think it would be so exhausting though, don't get me wrong. And I'm not particularly itching to do it right away, I just think it would be fun to be a mother and extremely rewarding.

That being said, I go back and forth with a different point of view regarding kids. Part of me finds it really selfish to bring children into this world. It's a really strange (f-ed up) society we live in these days. Depression and mental disorders are at an all-time high, and the idea bringing children into the world for selfish reasons like thinking it would be rewarding and fun, just seems wrong to me. I don't know I can't resolve these two feelings.

Names: Aria, Knox, Camilla, Valentina, Ariana, Ariella, Isabella, Celine, Winter, August, Aurora, Brooklyn, Clementine, Esm?, Sebastian, Tristan, Scarlett, Ines, Seymour, Emerson, Fleur...

Last edited:
Maybe, when I'm like 30. For a girl, Alice, and for a boy, Hilbert.

That being said, I go back and forth with a different point of view regarding kids. Part of me finds it really selfish to bring children into this world. It's a really strange (f-ed up) society we live in these days. Depression and mental disorders are at an all-time high, and the idea bringing children into the world for selfish reasons like thinking it would be rewarding and fun, just seems wrong to me. I don't know I can't resolve these two feelings.

I think this is actually a really interesting view point. I've actually seen people say the total opposite, that they think that someone deciding not to have kids is selfish. I don't personally want to have kids either. I don't think it's necessarily selfish to want to have kids, though. Not that I think it's always the best idea, and I have actually heard of people who have kids for blatantly selfish reasons (there are women who actually get addicted to being pregnant, despite not having the financial or family stability to keep having kids, as an example). But I would disagree with the idea of having kids in general being selfish just because there are bad things that happen in the world. There are plenty of good things in the world that someone can experience, and they may want to pass that down to a child. Having a child can be very emotionally rewarding. And who's to say finding raising children a fun and exciting concept is wrong? :) I get what you're saying; I think I'd be more worried about the environmental impact of bringing another human into the world would cause. But I don't think selfish is the right word.

Last edited:
yeah i want kids. never did but for some reason something hit me that i actually do want a family in the future

At the moment, no. But that may or may not change as I get older. If I did I wouldn't be bothered by gender but I'd likely have two at the most.

If I end up marrying a female, I'd like 2 boys, one named Ryan and the other named Aidan

i don't plan on having kids. but, if i did have a kid, i'd name her clementine. however, the only well-behaved children i know are my 2 little cousins. i've never seen a kid as quiet and behaved as they are, lol.

No. Although maybe in twenty years I will change my mind and have a kid at the absolute last biological minute, haha.

My sister in-law's mother is psychic and told me I'd have 3 children, she would only tell me that the first one would be a girl.
Of course I'm not solely relying on her prediction, but it's still quite possible.

Originally I wanted to have a boy first, that was until my two cousins were born and completely put me off the idea. The first one was teething (like all babies do) and he kept biting me, so much that my arm was bruised and swollen. They're behaviour was also very foul, it's gotten better recently but those toddler years are just awful.

Overall I'm still unsure if I want children, it all depends on if I meet the right guy.

I decided that when/if I have my first daughter, I will name her Bayleigh. :3 Haven't thought of any other names, and I don't care what the father thinks, I'm still naming her Bayleigh. XD (Ok I do care what he thinks, but I'm sure it won't be hard to convince him)

I love kids, so yes but for right now I would be crazy lol, I am 19, no.
For names... I've always liked the name Sasha for a girl.

Last edited:
I always used to want to have four kids, but I'm not sure how likely that is anymore. I'd be okay if I ended up with a girl who didn't want any, but I love kids, so it'd be nice to have at least one if possible.

For a girl, I like the names Mia, Isabella, Emma, Clementine, Daisy, and Brooke. And for a boy I like River, August, Elliot, and Christopher.

Reiterating that I don't want kids, but I found my list of pretty names and figured I'd post some. I'm such a name freak ughhh ♥ Currently putting together a D&D character named Marlo Fleischmann (I love Russian and German names so much, not sure about Marlo's origin though - I think it's more commonly spelled as Marlowe). I wanted her surname to literally relate to flesh/meat since it's a scifi campaign and she's got a cyborg body but my DM probably wouldn't have been able to pronounce the alternative I picked out. LOL anyway, the list - not separated by gender because idgaf:

Palomina, Sasha, Dane, Ivan, Mischka, Nash, Holland, Callista, Rusilla, Isabey, Juniper, Kaisa, Octavia, Pearl, Pinta, Rosalie, Savina, Tallulah, Trixie, Valencia, Winter, Zinnia, Theo, Cosette, Ophelia, Keegan, Emile, Noah, Salvatore, Etienne, Lavinia, Beatrix, Prescott, Kasatka, Ruslan, Grey, Caravel, Jonah, Miles, Jade, Albany, Marsh, Vanya, Ilya, Sylvaine, Janvier, Paolo, Luca... okay I'm done now lol

A surprising amount of those are actual names of friends I've had, lol

More common names I love are pretty much just James, Charlie, Jane, Sadie and Lily. Maybe Luna and Melody also but I don't think I've ever met anyone with those names before. Got a niece named River, think that's a cute name too.

i love children! i want one or two. i reeeeeally want a little girl hehe
i like english names like Ashley but my new favorite is Laura c:

I wouldn't mind having children one day, but at the moment I'm nowhere near ready to take care of one.
But for names I would name my son Ethan as for my daughter, I would name her either Melody or Amelia.

Back